MK vs. MGM EExtra Magic Hours on 7/17

awallaceunc

So I'm torn and am looking for a bit of advice. I'm looking into being at WDW on 7/17 (the DL trip isn't working out). Of course that's the anniversary of Disneyland. There's lots of speculation on whether or not anything's going to go down in the MK for it, and if there is, to what scale will it be. If there is anything, I'd certainly like to be there for it, but I don't know if we'll get confirmation in advance.

The Magic Kingdom runs from 9am-10pm that day, and it will be our first full day on our vacation. MGM runs from 9am-9pm, but then has Evening Extra Magic Hours so it will be open until Midnight (assuming it goes the full 3 hours). It will be the only MGM Evening Extra Magic Hour of our stay.

Do you think we should:
(A)leave Magic Kingdom around 8:45 and head over to MGM to use their extra magic hours?
(B)Stay at Magic Kingdom till closing and then head over to MGM for about 1.5 hours of EMH? or
(C) Stay in Magic Kingdom and just give up on an MGM evening extra magic hours night?

I hate to waste an evening EMH, and I really like MGM. I'd also hate to leave Magic Kingdom early on our first night there, but we'll be back in that park a LOT more in the week... but then I'd hate to miss any sort of observance of the Anniversary that there might be. So, I'm torn. What do you guys think?

Also, I've read conflicting information on a few websites... when do I need to be in MGM to get my EEMH bracelet for that evening? I've read both "no later than" and "no earlier" than 2, 3, and 4 hours before stated closing, and I've read that I can do it anytime, even after EMH starts.

-Aaron

CAPTAIN HOOK

awallaceunc said:
Do you think we should:
(A)leave Magic Kingdom around 8:45 and head over to MGM to use their extra magic hours?
(B)Stay at Magic Kingdom till closing and then head over to MGM for about 1.5 hours of EMH? or
(C) Stay in Magic Kingdom and just give up on an MGM evening extra magic hours night?
Thats a toughy - but which ever you choose I would avoid (B) - by the time you've travelled from MK to MGM there's hardly going to be time to do very much.

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

We have a similar dilemma--just not the same date. We have always gone to MK the first day of our vacation and watched the fireworks there that night. But...that is the only night there are EMH at MGM while we are there, so we have decided to leave MK and try to squeeze in Fantasmic that night and then enjoy EMH, and make up the MK time on another day of our vacation.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

awallaceunc said:
....Also, I've read conflicting information on a few websites... when do I need to be in MGM to get my EEMH bracelet for that evening? I've read both "no later than" and "no earlier" than 2, 3, and 4 hours before stated closing, and I've read that I can do it anytime, even after EMH starts.

-Aaron

I'll be happy to answer this portion of your question...

For Evening Extra Magic Hour Benefit:

If you are already in the park, Resort Guests should obtain a wristband at the select locations in the Theme Park by presenting a valid Resort I.D. per person, no sooner than two hours before the benefit begins.

If you are not in the park during the normal operating hours you can obtain the wristband at the Main Entrance turnstyles anytime during the benefit hours with valid park admission and your Resort ID.

At the Disney-MGM Studios you can obtain your wristband at:

Main Entrance area between Sid Cahuenga's One-of-a-Kind and Mickey's of Hollywood
ABC-TV Theater
Courtyard near Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom