MK update 10/1

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I bet someone in marketing's heart just dropped to see the use of the phrase "fairy locust" and then to see it start being repeated probably made them sigh and call out for the rest of the day. I feel bad :(

WDWCMAmanda

The 34th birthday pins did in fact have dumbo on them.
What we need to realize is yes, although MK opened on October 1st 1971...that's also Walt Disney World's birthday...so that's why Everest is on the new pins.
I actually think they're quite cute!!
Will try to take a pic of mine and post it for you...

kcnole

Hopefully those Dreams Come True banners are park specific and we don't see Cinderella Castle plastered all over the world.

supposedly the castle in the disney parks logo is a mixture of themes from all the castles worldwide and is not specifically cinderella's castle.

askmike1

I really do like the new entrance signage. The castle at top looks so great. Also, while I'm not a fan of the fairy wings outside the train station, I do think they look nice on the lamp posts.

And I do have a question (don't know if its been answered before)... do the tickets still contain the four HCoE attractions on them or are they now different?

Mickeyman819

Original Poster
I really do like the new entrance signage. The castle at top looks so great. Also, while I'm not a fan of the fairy wings outside the train station, I do think they look nice on the lamp posts.

And I do have a question (don't know if its been answered before)... do the tickets still contain the four HCoE attractions on them or are they now different?

the tickets i saw on saturday were still the HCoE tickets. Wouldnt suprise me if they use those tickets until they are done with them.

whizGoofy

I actually like the new "Theme" this year. The Fairy wings are great, after all, Disney is all about Dreams and fairy tales. The New logo for merchandise is great too. I like how stuff is starting to be called Disney Parks instead of Walt Disney World and Disneyland. You know most people (not us on this board) do not know the difference between WDW & DL!

djronnieb

I actually like the new "Theme" this year. The Fairy wings are great, after all, Disney is all about Dreams and fairy tales. The New logo for merchandise is great too. I like how stuff is starting to be called Disney Parks instead of Walt Disney World and Disneyland. You know most people (not us on this board) do not know the difference between WDW & DL!

that's just wrong. The merchandise should say either WDW or DL!!!!! It's so cheap of them not to print 2 different logos!!!

Magicot

New Tiki Wait time sign
Disneyupdate10_1084.jpg
I LOVE the new Tiki wait time sign!! It fits the area so well with its polynesian motif. Well done Imagineers! I never noticed that sign on the roof. I like that they didn't add "Under New Management" to it.

Captain Hank

Who is Lee Cockrell??
He was a WDW executive that recently retired. One of his major responsibilites was publishing the "Main Street Diary," a newsletter that featured letters from Guests and various other Cast information bits. It's so cool to read the letters that are recieved from Guests talking about their fantastic experiences with Cast Members. Another executive took over the MSD when Lee stepped down.

trr313

Thanks for the update with pics. Okay so can I be really dumb and ask who Lee Cockrell (sp?) is/was, I mean besides editor. If someone can PM me the answer to that question I'd appreciate it.

socalkdg

I bet someone in marketing's heart just dropped to see the use of the phrase "fairy locust" and then to see it start being repeated probably made them sigh and call out for the rest of the day. I feel bad :(
Anyone in marketing at WDW would know to completely ignore most of the comments on sites like this. Wrong demographic.

socalkdg

Glad to see the new show has Peter Pan in it. My daughter can't get enough of Neverland, Peter, Captain Hook(I've finally convinced her he can't get into our house), Wendy and Tinkerbell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom