MK to DTD after Wishes?

M. Racer

I know this may be tough to answer, but here's our dilemma. My wife and I will be at MK on a Thursday in January. We haven't seen Wishes yet(gasp!). According to the calendar, Wishes is at 8pm. We also want to eat at Portabella Yacht Club that night. With everyone bailing from the MK at once, can we realistically make it to DTD in time for a 10pm dinner reservation? We'll be riding a Disney bus. Your opinions are most appreciated!

jjgoo

I agree with Epcot and Villanova. Catch the bus to Saratoga Springs and then just walk to DTD. We did that after Fantasmic at MGM. The bus to SS was not crowded at all (I realize there will be more people for wishes but even so it's one of the less crowded busses) and I think we made it to DTD before 10. We would have been there sooner, but we were not sure where to go and had to wait for someone to show up that could direct us to the walkway. Plus if you are a few minutes late I doubt they will give your reservation away.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

I agree with others in taking a bus to Saratoga Springs then walking.

We tried to head back to DTD from the Contemp. via bus and it took forEVER! We then decided to head back inside, take the monorail to the TTC, walk to the Poly and we managed to catch a bus from there. :hammer: Granted....we didn't really have plans for that night. My husband and I were just milling about DTD before heading back to POFQ.

But Saratoga Springs would be your best bet to get there on time! :wave:

Upvote 0

WDFAN1977

Take the bus to SS, then you can walk to DTD...it is about a 5-10 min walk, and you end up at DTD (by Rainforest Cafe)...then you just walk to the other end of the Marketplace, and there you are at Portobello's!! Make sure you wait to get off the bus at the Congress Park stop in SS...that will give you the shortest walk around the water to the Marketplace...

My family and I did this to make our reservations at Ragland Road. It was a very short trip, but of course we didn't try it right after wishes. Also, don't broadcast what you are doing. Alot of DVC members at SS complain about people cutting through SS to DTD.

Upvote 0

M. Racer

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all of your helpful advice. That's what I love about this site..There's always someone that knows something you don't! I think we're gonna go for it.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom