MK Rope Drop

aleyva

Original Poster
Thanks for the time update! I'm hoping my family and I can get some done if we get there early! We have a park hopper, so once we are done in the early morning we will head somewhere else.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
Right after the opening head to the attractions you want to hit ASAP. Lines right after rope drop are short. You'll be surprised with how much you can get done. Maybe pick up a fastpass on the way between attractions. Best of luck

Upvote 0

aleyva

Original Poster
Right after the opening head to the attractions you want to hit ASAP. Lines right after rope drop are short. You'll be surprised with how much you can get done. Maybe pick up a fastpass on the way between attractions. Best of luck
Thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0

PUSH

After they open up the park, head for the popular attractions you want to do. Grab a FP and then ride it if you wish to do it more than once. Then head to other busier attractions. It's shocking how much you can get done around rope drop. We did Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and a couple other rides within an hour or so. And this was over Easter week!

PS- I don't know if this is still true, but Adventureland used to open up an hour later than the rest of the park. Just check first if you plan to go there right away!

Upvote 0

aleyva

Original Poster
After they open up the park, head for the popular attractions you want to do. Grab a FP and then ride it if you wish to do it more than once. Then head to other busier attractions. It's shocking how much you can get done around rope drop. We did Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and a couple other rides within an hour or so. And this was over Easter week!

PS- I don't know if this is still true, but Adventureland used to open up an hour later than the rest of the park. Just check first if you plan to go there right away!
Thank you sooo much!!

Upvote 0

ml123_9

First time experiencing Magic Kingdom's Rope Drop this Saturday. Any tips or "need to know" info?

I would get there between 20-30 minutes early. I believe the rope drop starts about 15 minutes before park opening, plus it will take some time to get through bag check and the turnstiles.

Upvote 0

Britt

GET PICS :D They usually do some cute stuff!

I got a picture of the canon exploding right over my sons head with streamers! They rained down on us and our stroller. such a cool moment for us :D

head right to your TOP rides, but I agree with another poster, you'll be shocked at how much you get done in just a couple hours :D

HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0

afar28

I'd arrive by about 7:40 for an 8:00 opening, and then head over to your top priority ride, ride that and if you wanna ride it again then get a FP for it but if not then get a FP for a ride near it you want to do. We did the 3 mountains, Buzz, all the fantasyland rides, MI laugh floor, TSI, Haunted Mansion, CoP and astro orbiter all in about 2 hours.

Upvote 0

aleyva

Original Poster
I'd arrive by about 7:40 for an 8:00 opening, and then head over to your top priority ride, ride that and if you wanna ride it again then get a FP for it but if not then get a FP for a ride near it you want to do. We did the 3 mountains, Buzz, all the fantasyland rides, MI laugh floor, TSI, Haunted Mansion, CoP and astro orbiter all in about 2 hours.
Sweet! Thanks for the tips!

Upvote 0

Sneezy62

If Thunder Mtn is a priority take the train. My wife and I did that and rode thunder, splash and still made it to peter pan before the crowds, even stopping for a photo in the stocks along the way.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Great pics! :)
75.gif

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

First time experiencing Magic Kingdom's Rope Drop this Saturday. Any tips or "need to know" info?
If your must do's include BLSRS, SplMnt, BTMRR, PPF, or New Fantasyland...go there first. Go to space mountain about an hour after opening because everyone seems to go straight there after rope drop. Have fun it's the best rope drop and one of the best simple shows in MK

Upvote 0

luv

If you're up front, right by the rope, you won't see the show.

If you have a good view of the show, you won't be first through the gate.

I'd still hang back a bit and make sure I had a good view of the platform. I really like the rope drop show. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom