MK park strategy

kennedy

Original Poster
When you go to MK, what's your strategy when you hit the park? I don't have that book on how to do Disney...

What lands should you do in which order to avoid the crowds?

Laura

Premium Member
You should buy the Unofficial Guide to WDW. They have scientifically engineered touring plans that help you avoid the lines.

Before I bought that book though, I would always start with Splash Mountain and Thunder mountain, then do Adventureland, and then Fantasy, and then Tomorrowland at night.

TheDisneyGirl02

Your plan should depend on who are you traveling with. Do you have younger children who may enjoy Fantasyland or teenagers who would like Splash Mt. or Space Mt?

Personally, my family always hits Fantasyland first because those lines tend to get very long!

Good luck and have fun!
TheDisneyGirl02 :D

Bliff

Get there early. Leave at mid-day for a nap or a swim. Go back late afternoon/early evening and watch all of the cranky parents taking their tired children back to their hotels. Use fast pass like they were going out of style. Enjoy.

I've read most of the books, and have found that if you get there early you can ride even the hottest rides without a lot of wait, WITHOUT using the plans. Yes, I know you're on vacation and you want to sleep late, but that's why you leave mid-day for a rest at your hotel!

This works well for my wife and I... it's just the two of us so we don't have to take as many rest breaks or bathroom breaks, and we always rent a car so it's easy for us to go back to the hotel, but getting there early and using fast pass has always worked very well for us.

Bliff

One more thing...

Also, make sure that if it's an "early entry" day at the MK, either skip it that day, or plan to go for the early entry time and then leave mid-morning. The early entry day parks are usually packed by noon!

Sir Hiss527

I usually do whatever lines aren't long, I don't really have a stragedy..just go with the flow..but again I am a 16 year old teenager..so what would I know??:D

lborne

Our main stategy is to go during the off season and avoid the large crowds. However, there are times we've gone when there were unexpected crowds (NJ teachers had off one week and the place was really busy).

Then, like others have mentioned, we get there in the AM and go back to the room for a swim and/or an afternoon nap, then come back to the park for more.

We usually hit Splash Mountain and BTMRR first, then work our way toward Fantasy land or Adventureland.

I am the Fast Pass runner, which means while the family is waiting for Peter Pan after having just used FP for Pooh, I'll run over and get FP for Buzz.

Then there are those times when we've gone and have no strategy, but just wander around doing whatever and having no set plans or goals on how many or which rides we will go on. Those are the best. Living close and being able to go often makes that more realistic.

Have fun.

pilka214

i always go and head straight to tomorrow land and play it by ear if it rains we may leave if not we stay no real strategy

ohhh and i started building my own guide just for me. of course a started 2 days ago when i was bored during my final exams:D

J

joviacdan

I get there VERY early, head directly to Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear, hit FantasyLand which will become a zoo around 11:00, hit the Main Street Bake Shop, then move to FronteirLand.

From there, you just wing it by where the crowds are.

Whatever you do - AVOID FANTASYLAND AT LUNCHTIME!

General Grizz

First of all, USE EARLY ENTRY IF YOU CAN!! Early Entry is your absolute friend. You can ride Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Pooh, and the other Fantasyland attractions without lines.

And this would be the time you want to ride Dumbo or Astro Orbiter. . . eek!

Philharmagic and Pooh should be the only attractions you really need to hit first. Space Mountain and Splash Mountain are (USUALLY) fast loaders with FastPass. Buzz and Jungle Cruise are iffy.

Otherwise, late at night is great for most attractions. And definitely use FastPasses if you know you're about to eat lunch, or go to a show that has a huge capacity strategically, i.e. Tiki Room, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, Timekeeper.

Fantasyland is shot after 10 AM. Pan will have 45 minutes by then. Jungle Cruise is impossible after 1 on most days. Toontown isn't bad at night, but mid-day it's a terror. Attractions like Pirates and Haunted Mansion can have huge lines at one time, less at another (usually pre-noon is good for both). And throughout the afternoon, Fastpass/show attractions would work the best.

Use the parades, also! The first showing of SpectroMagic will be packed, so head to some longer-line attractions then, or during Share a Dream Come True. Then, go to a virtually empty second showing of SpectroMagic (if it's not that crowded) - across from Country Bear Jamboree is the least crowded at the late showing, by the way.

Good luck!

General Grizz

Actually, it looks like MK Early Entry is Friday. Saturdays and Mondays are the most crowded days at the Magic Kingdom, I believe.

We've finished all we've wanted to ride in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland by park opening on the days we've used Extra Magic Hour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom