Which do you prefer?

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 43 61.4%
  • Epcot

Votes: 27 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madalex

We always go to the Magic Kingdom on our first day and most often during a trip, but that is more for my daughters than anything. I love the Magic Kingdom too, but there is something about Epcot (especially World Showcase) that just makes me want to be there, strolling around, watching the performers, having a beer, etc. Epcot by a small margin!

se8472

Epcot by like such a small margin...

Both parks are great and have there own ups and downs. What gets Epcot over the hill is the food over in World Showcase. I have eatten dinner at every place but France and Canada.

epcotisbest

HHHMMMM...I'm gonna have to think about this one for about 1.2 seconds....Epcot. We have been going to Epcot since the early 80's not long after it first opened in 82. It was called Epcot Center then and it just blew me away. All the inovation and look toward the future was incredible, and we also loved strolling through the different countries. Now, we always go to Epcot for at least two days every trip. So much to see and do. We have actually been on a week long trip before and not even make it to MK, but Epcot is a must. Don't get me wrong, we love the MK, and if we had children, it would be #1, but for us it is #3 on our trips (SeaWorld is #2).

Epcot in the 80's was an experience that can't be duplicated today. World of Motion, Horizons, Journey into Imagination, Communicore East and West, The Image Works... Heck, we even saw Captain EO once (which was enough), and enjoyed it. We would ride the double-decker buses around World Showcase and just enjoy the scenery. People actually stood and cheered at the end of The American Adventure Show. Things change, and although Epcot remains our personal favorite, early to mid 80's Epcot won't ever be topped (in my opinion).

Did not mean to get all nostalgic here...I could have answered you post with one word....Epcot.

Ricky

BuzzLite_Fran

Original Poster
yeah i also saw Capt EO...(((((once))))) haha
i agree with you EPCOT was better in the 80's i loved Horizons!!! my favorite, and Spaceship Earth. Now i still love SE but its a little corny cause it hasnt been updated in a long while!!!!!!!!!!
i only say MK is my alltime favorite cause it seems to me that MK embodies the magic of what Disney began as, and i guess its the kid in me, as well as our 8 year old daughter that makes it our favorite..............but i do love epcot alot,,,,,,,as well as MGM! i am not much on AK though its ok, but i could miss it since ive been there 2x now

DDPGambit

Epcot all the way. I was born right when Epcot was opening, and so I feel like I've grown up with it. I've gone basically every year since I was 2 and I've fallen in love with the place. Epcot is my single most favorite part of Disney World, hands down!

disneydawg

Well, the older I get the more I enjoy and appreciate Epcot. That being said, if you went to MK as a kid the fun of it all stays with you. At least it did for me. While I love the new additions to Epcot the atmosphere at MK has never changed for me. It's still a place I'd go 7 days a week if I could.

FanofDinsey1981

I am also a bit torn, though I had to go with MK, simply for the nostalgic aspect. I love going to epcot, but it is a lot of walking for one day, so I ususally prefer to break it up into 2 days, one for future world, the other for the world showcase.

the rides are much better at MK, though there have been some improvements at EPCOT. food is better at EPCOT.

ugggg. still torn. but MK. yeah, MK.

ChefMickeyGrits

Epcot. I think MK is a pain with the (constant) crowds, there aren't as many great restaurants, and all in all it totally needs an overhaul (especially Fantasyland).

BG Rugger

It's hard for me to pick out a favorite park because I love them all so much. I give the edge to MK because you always have a feeling of being "somewhere else", plus it has me favorite ride in Space Mountain.

bdhowell

This is an unfair question! They are two totally different parks. But I love them both, so I will not vote. EPCOT is a park that is very unique in the way that it has to reinvent itself every couple of years. Maybe the children of today are enjoying EPCOT like we did in the 1980's.

kellydisney

So tough. I would have to say MK overall. It's my favorite park. But ever since doing the CP, my boyfriend and I will wake up on Saturday mornings and say, "It feels like an Epcot day, let's go!" lol Oh the joys of being able to go whenever you want...

Shaman

EPCOT....MK is too crowded all the time....too many kiddie attractions too....in fact MK is me least favorite of them all....

:lookaroun :D

tigsmom

MK because thats all there was on my first visit. I like the other parks, but the MK holds a special place in my heart. :wave:

epcotisbest

Originally posted by bdhowell
Maybe the children of today are enjoying EPCOT like we did in the 1980's.

Excellent point. I hope so. I don't think Test Track or MS measure up to World of Motion or Horizons, but today's youth might find our early favorites boring in this age of bigger, faster thrill rides.

Ricky

MagicalMonorail

My vote goes to Magic Kingdom. Now don't get me wrong here. Epcot is a wonderful place and there is no place like it on Earth. But, the Magic Kingdom is an extemely unique place. It holds the wonders of Walt's vision. It has tons of rides and the details are incredible. Its diversity is very extreme. I mean one minute you're taking a relaxing Jungle Cruise and the next minute you're racing around Space Mountain. Magic Kingdom is the best park of them all.

Kramjam33

I really had to think about it, they are both AWSOME parks and my top two favorites. I would have go with Magic Kingdom though, because it just has that certain magic, and there are A LOT of rides there. Don't get me wrong though, Epcot has a different magic to it that is even greater than Magic Kingdoms, Epcot beats out Magic Kingdom in overall atmostphere and feelings from that. Like I said, it was a REALLY hard choice becuase I love both of them almost the same. I would have to go with Magic Kingdom though because they have more thrill rides, and some really AWSOME ones at that. Why make me choose!! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom