MK Opening Ceremony?

Squirt's Momma

Original Poster
What does the Magic Kingdom's opening ceremony (rope drop) consist of and do they hold the ceremony on the Little One's Extra Magic Hour Mornings? If so, what time does it begin?

KingStefan

It consists of dancing and singing on the RR platform facing the turnstiles. It's very cool. Disney characters arrive on the train with the whistle blowing loudly, and one lucky family gets to throw out pixie dust (don't know how they pick that family).

I don't think they do it on AM EMH days, but I could be wrong.

elabron

Just out of curiosity, how do they choose the family that gets to open the park? (Sprinkle the pixie dust) :lol:

I've always wondered how they pick them.

erasure fan1

They did it on EMH morning for us but it was a shorter version without the family. I like the show the first time but after the 3rd time it gets a bit old. I wish you could walk in and wait inside so you didnt have to cram through the tunnels with everyone else if you didnt want to see the little show. Oh well my daughter loves it so Im stuck seeing it, EVERYTIME.:lol:

KingStefan

They did it on EMH morning for us but it was a shorter version without the family. I like the show the first time but after the 3rd time it gets a bit old. I wish you could walk in and wait inside so you didnt have to cram through the tunnels with everyone else if you didnt want to see the little show. Oh well my daughter loves it so Im stuck seeing it, EVERYTIME.:lol:

My main problem is the bathrooms are on the other side of the rope! I want to hit the bathrooms before the opening ceremony, watch it, then cruise on down to Tommorowland. Anybody know where there are bathrooms before the turnstiles or between the turnstiles and the tunnels?

I also am curious to know how they pick the opening family!

DisneyGigi

I love the opening ceremony. It is the most exciting to me on the first day of our trip.. it just sets the whole experience up for me. There is a video on youtube someone posted that I saw (sorry I don't have a link) but if you haven't seen it I would wait and see it in person.

nicnic

I am hoping to see it when I visit in Sept. We are not early risers so this will be tough, do you know what time it starts?

KingStefan

I am hoping to see it when I visit in Sept. We are not early risers so this will be tough, do you know what time it starts?

About 20 min before official park opening. They sometimes do not do it on EMH mornings, or sometimes they do a short version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom