MK on July 3rd, Epcot on the 4th?

mufasa

Hi everybody! First post here...

We're going the first week of July. We're thinking of hitting MK on July 3rd instead of the 4th to avoid the mega-crowds (thought we'd spend the 4th at Epcot instead). So a few questions...

Is the MK much lighter on the 3rd compared to the 4th? Does Epcot get filled to capacity on the 4th like the MK? How's the July 4th fireworks at Epcot compared to the MK?

Thanks!

robhedin

if they do like they did last year, the MK runs the 4th of July fireworks on both the 3rd and the 4th, so if you want to see the shows, see MK on the 3rd, then Epcot on the 4th.

rob.

Upvote 0

Chris K

this is what we did last yr, 3rd at mk and 4th at epcot, apart from a minor delay in the fireworks on the 4th due to a lightning storm both shows were brilliant. Both parks were busy but I think that added to the atmosphere and we are currently planning to go back summer 2007 and go to both shows again.

Upvote 0

flscooman

We also went to Mk on 3rd last year to see holiday fireworks. It was busy but not crazy. park was open late and after fireworks we rode alot of rides with little or no wait:sohappy:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Unless you are in love with gridlock, avoid the MK on the fourth of July! EPCOT won't be exactly empty, either :lol: , so arrive early.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I've done all the major holidays at the parks. Just go into it knowing there will be a lot of other people there too and it won't ruin your experience.

If it's slammed with two hour waits and no FP's, just enjoy time together in line or enjoy the scenery.

Just remember, you're at the world and many others wish they were there. So even though it may be crowded, you're not at home getting ready to go back to work the next day!

Have fun!

Upvote 0

TimonRulz

I'll be there on the 4th. We arrive that day... so here is a question.. which fireworks display will most likely be better since I'll only be able to catch one?

Thanks for the tips!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'll be doing MK 3rd, Epcot the 4th too.

It's really the only way to see both displays.

Epcot can handle huge crowds better than MK, so even if it is busier it will be more bearable. If you've never seen Epcot busy it can be intimidating. People will be on all of the grassy hills and every extended queue-line you didn't know existed will be in use.

I don't think planning on Soarin' or Test Track that day is a good idea.

Also, July 4th is MK's early morning entry, and Epcot's late night extension EMH's. That might put several resort guests at Epcot in the evening.

I'm stayin at Beach Club so the plan is that i can just walk home.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Here is some pictures from last year on the 4th of July. Yes that is the line for IASW way outside the building. The night pictures were from the hub about 45 min before the fireworks. You literally couldnt move. Actually you couldnt even see the ground.

Attachments

• 7-4-05 020.JPE
    7-4-05 020.JPE
    15.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 7-4-05 069.JPE
    7-4-05 069.JPE
    15.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 7-4-05 118.JPE
    7-4-05 118.JPE
    15.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 7-4-05 119.JPE
    7-4-05 119.JPE
    15.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 7-4-05 120.JPE
    7-4-05 120.JPE
    15.1 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0

jrobinson424

Pick other dates if you can. Or you will find one heck of a miserable expeirence. Unless you just love standing in line, getting your feet stepped on, waiting forever it seems to even get a coke, hot ed off people in bad moods is your cup of tea.

USE EXTREME CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
Brian Skinner said:
Here is some pictures from last year on the 4th of July. Yes that is the line for IASW way outside the building. The night pictures were from the hub about 45 min before the fireworks. You literally couldnt move. Actually you couldnt even see the ground.

Looks like my Epcot New Years Eve 1999 pictures. That was insane!

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Most likely MK will be closed off and on throughout the day. Go to the Poly, grab a spot on the beach, watch the fireworks then take your time getting to the water taxi and head for the MK. Most of those people are slam worn out and are ready to leave as soon as the fireworks are over. By 10 or 10:30 the park is back to usuall and it dosent even close till 1am.

Upvote 0

mufasa

Original Poster
Wow, great place, thanks for all the replies!

We love the Florida July heat so no problem there. :cool:

Crowds are another thing... Those pictures are pretty scary. Think we'll avoid MK on the 4th as planned, although the late night Poly idea is pretty cool. It makes sense not to worry so much about hitting the rides and just enjoy the holiday atmosphere. I just need to get my girls (8 and 11) to see it that way... :animwink:

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

mufasa said:
Hi everybody! First post here...

We're going the first week of July. We're thinking of hitting MK on July 3rd instead of the 4th to avoid the mega-crowds (thought we'd spend the 4th at Epcot instead). So a few questions...

Is the MK much lighter on the 3rd compared to the 4th? Does Epcot get filled to capacity on the 4th like the MK? How's the July 4th fireworks at Epcot compared to the MK?

Thanks!
just quoting this so i remember the questions :animwink:
Ive gone to mk on the 4th but not the 3rd but im assuming its lighter because a lot of people go on the 4th to see fireworks... even though the fireworks they do on the 4th are the same they do on the 3rd. I'm not sure if epcot gets as filled but theres probably more room to watch fireworks there if its crowded because of how the park is layed out. I've never seen the ones at epcot sadly but the ones on the 4th in mk are amazing, although I heard epcot is spectacular, thats what were seeing this year on the 4th.

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

mufasa said:
Wow, great place, thanks for all the replies!

We love the Florida July heat so no problem there. :cool:

Crowds are another thing... Those pictures are pretty scary. Think we'll avoid MK on the 4th as planned, although the late night Poly idea is pretty cool. It makes sense not to worry so much about hitting the rides and just enjoy the holiday atmosphere. I just need to get my girls (8 and 11) to see it that way... :animwink:
DO NOT GO ON THE 4TH!!!!!!!! lol getting on the monorail that night was crazy... and this lady with b.o. sat on me :brick:

Upvote 0

Sewer

I do have to say the crowds at MK on the 4th are not to be believed! Getting on your bus back to the resorts after the show takes a lot of patience. The year before I found it was a lot easier getting on the bus from Epcot back the my resort. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom