MK On Christmas Day

Raineman

For anyone that's been to MK on December 25, what is it like spending Christmas Day there? Are the crowd levels crazy or ok? Do they do anything different that day when it comes to things like parades, Wishes, etc, or is it the same as the lead up to Christmas?

pug

For anyone that's been to MK on December 25, what is it like spending Christmas Day there? Are the crowd levels crazy or ok? Do they do anything different that day when it comes to things like parades, Wishes, etc, or is it the same as the lead up to Christmas?
Get there early or stay late

Upvote 0

mf1972

I've heard it gets really bad down there at this time of the year, crowd wise. New Years also. we've gone mid December about 4 years ago & it was fine. prob missed the rush.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

0/5 stars. Do not recommend.

It's absolute chaos…

Upvote 0

Florida_is_hot

My recommendation arrive early do about 4 or 5 attractions leave about 11 am, go out to whatever they call Downtown Disney now and shop, eat and watch a movie at the AMC, go back about 7PM and stay until the park closes..... stay away from Main Street.....

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It is absolutely packed, and will more than likely close due to reaching capacity. Think crowd levels that you can barely move. It once took me an hour walking from Big Thunder to Cinderella Castle.

No changes to entertainment, as it is already in peak capacity mode from the week before.
Magic Kingdom holiday week entertainment line-up

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We were there one year on 12/23. Couldn't even get to a restroom. Lines were longer for all of them than for the rides near them! Pure insanity. Can't imagine being there on 12/25. Gotta find your happy place while at the magical place, I guess. Peace be with you.

Upvote 0

Raineman

Original Poster
We were there one year on 12/23. Couldn't even get to a restroom. Lines were longer for all of them than for the rides near them! Pure insanity. Can't imagine being there on 12/25. Gotta find your happy place while at the magical place, I guess. Peace be with you.
Just to clarify, I will not be at WDW tomorrow, thankfully lol. Just wondering if it would ever be worth it, and it is pretty clear that it would not be. I'd rather take my chances with spring break crowds.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

Just to clarify, I will not be at WDW tomorrow, thankfully lol. Just wondering if it would ever be worth it, and it is pretty clear that it would not be. I'd rather take my chances with spring break crowds.
We did spring break two years ago. Much better. Enjoy - (and Merry Christmas today!)

Upvote 0

freediverdude

I'm here today... Thankfully I'm staying at Bay Lake Tower. I walked over to watch the parade and now eating lunch at Contemporary. It is very crowded over there, I wouldn't want to have to stay all day. I'm just going to walk back and forth to see things and do fast passes then leaving again. Not waiting in those lines for meals and such, lol.

Upvote 0

YozhikRoth

Last time we did MK on Christmas day 2010. We managed expectations in that we were there for the Parade, lunch and shopping. If we got on any rides it was a bonus. We got a bus from Pop Century at 7 and while waiting to get in heard that they closed the parking lot. A fellow guest told me many AP holders go just to catch the parade (many were sitting on the curb at 7:30). Definitely a unique experience, but not one I think I will repeat.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

we were there Christmas Eve this year and Christmas day in Epcot. Christmas Eve at MK we were at the gates by 6:20 AM for the 7 AM emhs. We were able to get a lot done in the first two hours 7 - 9 . We hit big rides, meet and greets, and then got the 4th fps, etc. I used Touring Plans for our group and it went well. We did lunch at Liberty Tree and then hit shows until the next fps. Once the crowds came in more so at night it was chaos, craziness and we saw paramedics push their way in to get to people who passed out during the wait for fireworks on Main St. I will say staff wasn't able to keep up with the restrooms and the heat didn't help behavior.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom