MK Lost and Found

DisnFanatic10

Original Poster
Does anyone know of anyway to contact the Magic Kingdom lost and found? I just returned from a trip and one of the kids left their camera on Big Thunder in the compartment on our last night. He is very upset any help would be great.:brick:

erasure fan1

I say they should just call it a lost because we have never found anything. We have left things on rides and lost things around the park but nothing has ever been recovered. I wish you good luck but I wouldnt get your hopes up.

vmcgregor

MK Lost & Found

I am brand new to this site, but used it extensively when preparing for our 6/22-27/07 trip. I needed to reply to this question, so I've quickly joined. Please excuse any faux pas!

We returned to our room at Wilderness Lodge on either 6/24 or 6/25 (sorry, not sure) after EMH at MK. We opened our backpack and found a camera. My DH had been waiting in the area in front of the carousel (beside PH if going toward TL) for DD and I to finish Philharmagic. When he saw us approach, he picked up what he thought was his camera off the bench beside him. It was a Canon Powershot (just like ours, but an older model) digital. We turned it in to the front desk at WL. They said they would send it to central lost & found at TTC.

Wouldn't it be wild if this was your camera? I hope you find it.

I stupidly lost my camera at MK during my recent trip - in the Main Street Bakery, buying a coffee and a cookie, I put it down to get my money out at the cash register, forgot to pick it up - realised about 90 seconds later, but it had already gone by the time I went back inside. The person in line behind me must have seen what I'd done and picked it up as soon as I walked away and kept it for themselves. The cashier didn't see anything. Very stupid of me! I phoned Lost & Found a few times, but of course it didn't turn up.

Rob562

Animal Kingdom has eaten a pair of sunglasses and its sunglass case, on two separate vacations. :rolleyes:

First, I was visiting with my family, and must have set my sunglasses down on the train or just after we got off the train. They were gone, never turned into Lost & Found. When I got home I jsut tossed the now-unnecessary case in a drawer. Went back to the same store, bought a replacement pair of sunglasses, which came with another case.

On my next trip down, back in Animal Kingdom after putting my sunglasses on, I must have set the case down when I stopped at a snack stand. So, now I had glasses but no case. When I got back home I dug out the case to the original glasses and so I have a complete set of glasses and case, they're just from two different purchases. :)

-Rob

PBarton

My wife left her Driving Licensce (Spelling?) in a shop at MGM - it was posted to us in England about a week after our return.. No phone call required - she wasn't even aware that it was missing!

My Mother in Law left a gold ring in the room safe when checking out of Pop Century, she only found out when she was unpacking at home. A quick call to lost and found and it was returned to her in the post a few days later.

I think you will get it back if it was discovered by a CM, 50/50 if it was discovered by a guest..

Good luck!

WED10IA

It is now in the mail, Thank you so much for all the help. Luckily the little kid had put his name on it and the cast member was able to locate it. This is so great he is so excited knowing he is getting his camera back. He was really down knowing that he left his "Disney Camera" in the park on his last day.

Thanks again, this is why I tell people if they have Disney questions to come to this website. If they have a question someone on here has the answer.

Nemo14

It is now in the mail, Thank you so much for all the help. Luckily the little kid had put his name on it and the cast member was able to locate it. This is so great he is so excited knowing he is getting his camera back. He was really down knowing that he left his "Disney Camera" in the park on his last day.

Thanks again, this is why I tell people if they have Disney questions to come to this website. If they have a question someone on here has the answer.
I'm confused. Are you talking about the same child as the OP?

WED10IA

My bad I forgot that I was on my old computer when I typed that and it has my old username saved so I never logout. My bad, I lost the password to that one though and I couldn't get the email for some reason so I made a new account anyways thanks!

WDWFigment

Good to hear that you found it!

To those others who contend that 'you never have any luck with lost and found' do a search--there are plenty of stories of people getting their lost items back, even months after their trips! Just goes to show that the Disney magic makes people a little more likely to do the right thing when they find something.

Remember, don't think "no one has ever turned in my item, so why should I turn in theirs" when you find something. Attitudes like that only lead to the problem, and explain pretty easily why some people don't get their lost items back.

rileyspaw

Animal Kingdom has eaten a pair of sunglasses and its sunglass case, on two separate vacations. :rolleyes:

First, I was visiting with my family, and must have set my sunglasses down on the train or just after we got off the train. They were gone, never turned into Lost & Found. When I got home I jsut tossed the now-unnecessary case in a drawer. Went back to the same store, bought a replacement pair of sunglasses, which came with another case.

On my next trip down, back in Animal Kingdom after putting my sunglasses on, I must have set the case down when I stopped at a snack stand. So, now I had glasses but no case. When I got back home I dug out the case to the original glasses and so I have a complete set of glasses and case, they're just from two different purchases. :)

-Rob

You sound like a very expensive person to keep in sunglasses!:cool:

Did you ever think of the cord attached to the sunglasses that goes around your neck and keeps the glasses handy when you take them off?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom