MK Kennel any recent users?

FLears

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

We are heading over to the MK in October for the day for my son's birthday. We don't have a dog sitter and doggie daycare only lasts until 5pm so we thought about putting our pup in the kennel for the day. We only live 1.5 hours away but we want to make it a full day since I have a
Hospitality Pass :D .

I looked back through some old threads but I didn't see any recent comments about the kennels. I know we have to walk him a few times but I am curious of the conditions any comments would be appreciated!

Tricia

Eyekimore

Our family dog has stayed at the MK kennels for most of our six trips in the last 4 years. We like the ease of getting in/out for the length of our stay. We've always considered it to be a nice, clean facility with caring people working there.

This past Christmas we stayed at the Beach Club Villas. We had Lillie (our miniature poodle) stay at the MGM kennel because it was closer. We had a terrific experience! While we still walked and fed her- we found the staff at MGM kennel to be outstanding. Sometimes they even took Lillie out and held her. The crate sizes were even larger. (We got the small crate at MK and MGM- but their small was larger.) :veryconfu (Hope you got that......) Although it wasn't as convenient to enter/leave as MK kennel was.

I'm sure you will have a great experience at MK kennel for the day! Have a great time at the MK!

FLears

Original Poster
Thank you so much eyekimore! That makes me feel much better about it.

For extented hours at the doggie daycare they have to stay overnight. We really have no need to do that, I just don't want to get there and have to leave so early to pick him up by closing. We may go to MGM, I have a pass for each park so whatever my son picks is fine, we were just at AK so we'll skip that this time.

Eyekimore

I agree about the EPCOT kennel grassy area. We visited that one to see if we liked it better than MGM. The crates are big like the MGM ones. We just LOVED the MGM staff so much that we'll never change!

cpeterstx

Also, and check me on this, but I think the EPCOT kennel is the only one that does overnight boarding. Can anyone confirm this?

sublimesting

Also, and check me on this, but I think the EPCOT kennel is the only one that does overnight boarding. Can anyone confirm this?

I can't confirm anything but it sounds very unlikely as the vast majority of people using them are vacationers with no other options.

Eyekimore

I know for a fact that MGM and MK have overnight boarding. You are still responsible to walk and feed your dog. You'd be surprised at the morons who leave them there and come back on the last day of vacation. :(

disneymonger

You'd be surprised at the morons who leave them there and come back on the last day of vacation. :(

You have no idea how much that infuriates me!! That fact angers me to the core. I'm a huge animal lover and whenever I go to WDW I hate leaving my doggie with my mother or even at our vet for boarding and I know for a fact that if my doggie where with me on vacation, it would make it that much better for me and I surely would not forget them like that. Jesus, some people....:fork: :mad::fork::mad::fork: :mad::fork:

twilight mitsuk

Thank you so much eyekimore! That makes me feel much better about it.

For extented hours at the doggie daycare they have to stay overnight. We really have no need to do that, I just don't want to get there and have to leave so early to pick him up by closing. We may go to MGM, I have a pass for each park so whatever my son picks is fine, we were just at AK so we'll skip that this time.

what did you decide on?

GrimGrinninAnna

You have no idea how much that infuriates me!! That fact angers me to the core. I'm a huge animal lover and whenever I go to WDW I hate leaving my doggie with my mother or even at our vet for boarding and I know for a fact that if my doggie where with me on vacation, it would make it that much better for me and I surely would not forget them like that. Jesus, some people....:fork: :mad::fork::mad::fork: :mad::fork:

Uhmmmmm, okay- first of all, sorry to ressurect a post that was way in the bottom... and let me preface this by saying I LOVE my dogs- they are known for being spoiled rotten.
When I'm on *vacation*, I haven't "forgotten" about them, but I deserve time off, too! I don't want to go to the kennel to walk them and then leave 10 mns later. Please, don't take that as not loving them, but to me, this is odd. I'm used to the concierge-type kennels we have here where pups are taken to the dog park, and fed. I work extremely long hours and find this a better alternative to being locked in my apartment alone- and they come home happy.

That being said, the Disney kennels sound very inconvenient. Does anyone know of any other kennels in the area?

Princess_Gina

If it's a good kennel, there is nothing wrong with leaving the dog. If they get enough love and care, and they are happy. We leave our dog with my SIL on vacation and he absolutely loves her. But we have also left him at the kennel for 1 week when we did not have a choice and she wasn't available. They took care of him and he enjoyed being around other dogs. So I guess if you are within distance or not, if the fact is that the dog is taken care of, it should be fine.

Although if we were closeby, we would not resist not seeing our dog every day. We love him to pieces and the kids especially would miss him.

palmage

We have semi-big dog and it was not good for her.
They kept her in one of the cages reserved for those little yappy dogs.
We'll never leave her there again.

GrimGrinninAnna

If it's a good kennel, there is nothing wrong with leaving the dog. If they get enough love and care, and they are happy. We leave our dog with my SIL on vacation and he absolutely loves her. But we have also left him at the kennel for 1 week when we did not have a choice and she wasn't available. They took care of him and he enjoyed being around other dogs. So I guess if you are within distance or not, if the fact is that the dog is taken care of, it should be fine.

Although if we were closeby, we would not resist not seeing our dog every day. We love him to pieces and the kids especially would miss him.

Thanks. But I still don't see the point of bringing them someplace where I'd have to take care of them on vacation... Isn't that what you PAY the kennel for? I have much better piece of mind knowing a trained professional can spend a little time with them- and they can spend a little time with other happy pups!

I appreciate all of the input- I'd really like to do the road-trip with them!

This is one of the babies, btw :kiss::
100_0412.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom