MK EMH during Spring Break

micknminnie

Our only MK day happens to be a day when there is a 7:00 EMH opening. We have never done EMH and I usually try to avoid parks that have them, but this is the only day we can do MK. Anyone have any advice on how to survive? I am planning on being at the buses at 6:15 to get us there at opening. Is it possible to get a lot done before the masses start to pile in? This is stressing me out!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Don't stress. I personally have never noticed any dramatic differences on days with EMH's. (Some will argue against that lol) It will be busy regardless due to Spring Break crowds but the EMH issue don't worry about it. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LeighM

The parks are always going to feel crowded to me but I did notice there were more people at the resort bus stops waiting for the park with the morning EMH hours. But I'm sure there will be less crowds waiting at 7AM and you should get a lot done in the morning before the afternoon crowds. I always noticed a surge in crowd level at MK around 11AM-2PM. By that time, I'm ready to leave MK. But then again, I prefer MK at night :)

Upvote 0

Mark P.

Our first day next month, which is traditionally always an MK day, will also have morning EMH and is the Friday before Easter, so we're already bracing for the crowds. Historically, whenever we do MK EMH we almost always take Uber to the Contemporary and walk over, instead of waiting for the bus. We're already expecting to need a crowd break after lunch (another tradition)!

It's just a matter of managing your expectations and planning your FP+ right (I usually aim for the 10A-1P range just as crowds are hitting their peak).

But then again, I prefer MK at night :)

Same. Fortunately with spring break also comes later park closing hours - currently showing a 11PM close the day we'll be there, so there's possibly a window of about an hour (after OUAT) with manageable crowds.

Upvote 0

micknminnie

Original Poster
Our first day next month, which is traditionally always an MK day, will also have morning EMH and is the Friday before Easter, so we're already bracing for the crowds. Historically, whenever we do MK EMH we almost always take Uber to the Contemporary and walk over, instead of waiting for the bus. We're already expecting to need a crowd break after lunch (another tradition)!

It's just a matter of managing your expectations and planning your FP+ right (I usually aim for the 10A-1P range just as crowds are hitting their peak).

Same. Fortunately with spring break also comes later park closing hours - currently showing a 11PM close the day we'll be there, so there's possibly a window of about an hour (after OUAT) with manageable crowds.

Thanks! Our fast passes start at 10:50. I have a lunch ressie at Liberty Tree Tavern fot 11:30 and our last fast passs end at 2:25. With five kids under 12 I am sure we will all be ready to go back to the resort by then.

Upvote 0

Mark P.

Thanks! Our fast passes start at 10:50. I have a lunch ressie at Liberty Tree Tavern fot 11:30 and our last fast passs end at 2:25. With five kids under 12 I am sure we will all be ready to go back to the resort by then.

That's a solid strategy. You'll get a decent amount done in the first two hours if you're strategic about it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom