MK -- dinner at WL?

CaptainWinter

Original Poster
Planning question -- any thoughts on hopping over to Wilderness Lodge from MK for dinner? I'm not crazy about the MK dining options and am curious to see WL anyhow (I've never been).

Has anyone tried this? Is it feasible? Boat vs. bus?

bgraham34

In most cases I think the boat is the quicker option to get to and from the resort. Sometimes if the boat is not at the dock or not on the way to the dock I will head over to the bus and wait. I will keep an eye out to see if the boat is coming before the bus gets there and if it does than I will take the boat.

Travel wise the bus is quicker but comes less often then the boat does.

timoteo

Wilderness lodge is lovely in the evening and into the night. The short stroll from the dock up to the lobby is great when the lights are coming on. Artist point while having a limited menu for dinner is great. The wine selection is good. Try and take the boat at least to the resort if you can. They have cozy bar with great western style paintings in the old style. The gift shop is good. Their are rocking chairs and fireplaces and waterfalls and great unique soundtrack coming from concealed outdoor speakers. Just sitting by the pool or watching old faithful go off down by the pool is great. There is a pool bar. a short stroll behind the pool par is a little beach an marina. There are 3 hot tubs at this resort.

JillC LI

On our last Disney trip, we parked at WL in the late afternoon, took the boat to MK for about 3 hours, took the boat back from MK to WL, ate dinner at Whispering Canyon, and watched the Water Pageant on the "beach" at WL before heading back to our resort. It was great!

DisneyDebNJ

Planning question -- any thoughts on hopping over to Wilderness Lodge from MK for dinner? I'm not crazy about the MK dining options and am curious to see WL anyhow (I've never been).

Has anyone tried this? Is it feasible? Boat vs. bus?

I always thought the boat ride is alot more relaxing than the bus. (and in most cases, much quicker) from MK to the Poly, Contemporary or the Grand Floridian. (and I am guessing just as quick to Wilderness Lodge) We are also trying a restaurant at Wilderness Lodge this year for the first time, and actually looking forward to it. But to answer your question, I would definately give Wilderness Lodge a try, especially if it's a new experience. :wave:

tigsmom

take the boat, it's a nice relaxing trip and should help "calm down" a bit before dinner. Whispering Canyon is one of our favorites, but also enjoy Artist Point (and Roarin' Forks for that late evening snack or early breakfast).

Leave yourself some time to wander around and check the place out. As mentioned above the water pageant can be viewed from the lodge (second floor balcony) or on the beach (quite loud).

CaptainWinter

Original Poster
thanks everyone -- this feedback is much appreciated. It's very tempting to do this, we just have to weigh it against lost time in MK.

lightguy

We've stayed at WL 3 times- including once with twins. It's a great place to stay or visit. The boat is a really nice, relaxing ride and is basically an attraction of it's own. Depending on the time of year, it can be cold- we were there at Christmas once and it was below freezing one night. I would highly recommend it both for seeing the place- my opinion is it's the best hotel Disney has built- and for either of the restaurants. Whispering Canyon Cafe is great for families- all you can eat BBQ- yum!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom