MK bottleneck

Andrew25

Adding capacity for firework viewing, and MK overall, is pretty easy. Tear down Tomorrowland Terrace, use the space along with the bypass to make an enhanced indoor arcade with glass ceilings, old theater idea, while using the 2nd floor of a new building for dessert parties.

Fill in some of the moat in front of it, and you got yourself a significant amount of additional viewing area.

Lilofan

This was typically why back in the day there were still a couple hours of the park after the fireworks on a consistent basis. It helped balance thousands who were still willing to stay to play in the night and with lesser waits.
I recall DHS had park closing at 8pm and also Fantasmic show that normally packed 8K guests in the huge outdoor seating area that began at 8pm. It surely lessened the crowds leaving the park , many leaving after F! and others not attending F! and leaving at 8pm. I think even Prime Time and Hollywood and Vine still had dinner reservations taken up until 8pm also so those guests would not leave the park until almost 930-10pm but the merchandise shops on Hollywood Blvd would still be open to extract more money out of our credit cards.

Thepuma

I appreciate anything added to MK, however that has the potential to increase crowds. Currently after fireworks and at park closing Main Strret is way past capacity. How will Disney fix this issue if capacity is increased?
It's horrific and very dangerous. We had a Tron LL+ for just after the fireworks finished and they close so many walkways it was almost impossible to get from the West to the East Side of the park.

One woman fainted (bless her) which created panic, crushing and a total blockage of the main central walkway...it was like being in the mosh pit at a rock concert... why oh why they cut off so many lanes...if they were open it would stop the crushing...at one point it was like a stampede...horrible experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom