Mitsukoshi renovations?

correcaminos

Ooo, thanks! Does it seem to have the same amount of merchandise, or was that different as well?
When we were there in March the merchandise was very similar, just harder to find and not quite as much of it was out. I think we saw less Pokémon but as I said it was just smaller and things were harder to find.

We go back in a few weeks and hope to see more because it was pretty crowded in there when we went due to parts being walled off.

I am Timmy

When we were there in March the merchandise was very similar, just harder to find and not quite as much of it was out. I think we saw less Pokémon but as I said it was just smaller and things were harder to find.

We go back in a few weeks and hope to see more because it was pretty crowded in there when we went due to parts being walled off.
Thank you! Could you post your findings? Maybe get some pics? I'm hoping that whatever they are doing will be done by December, and that it's not too different, that is one of our favorite stores!

correcaminos

Thank you! Could you post your findings? Maybe get some pics? I'm hoping that whatever they are doing will be done by December, and that it's not too different, that is one of our favorite stores!
I will do my best. I hope it will look much better by the time we go next month.

Is the pick a pearl still in here? I know there are other locations but this is the only one that accepts gift cards apparently.
It was still there as of mid-March.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, May 29. The front entrance of Mitsukoshi's is now open, and the renovations at the front part of the store are visible now. Brighter colors, new wall displays over the windows, and brighter overhead lighting with color accents. Some temporary walls are still in place, as renovations are ongoing.

IMG_9626.JPG

IMG_9627.JPG

Note the green "monster" on the wall, with the displays below that look like city buildings.

IMG_9629.JPG

New sleek check out counter to the right of the main entrance.

IMG_9628.JPG

Main entrance in the background, with brighter overhead lighting and new wall displays on the right over the outside windows.

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Beyond the oyster counter, there are updated displays along the outside wall.

IMG_9633.JPG

I am Timmy

Photo update as of Monday, May 29. The front entrance of Mitsukoshi's is now open, and the renovations at the front part of the store are visible now. Brighter colors, new wall displays over the windows, and brighter overhead lighting with color accents. Some temporary walls are still in place, as renovations are ongoing.

View attachment 207456

View attachment 207457

Note the green "monster" on the wall, with the displays below that look like city buildings.

View attachment 207458

View attachment 207459

Main entrance in the background, with brighter overhead lighting and new wall displays on the right over the outside windows.

View attachment 207460

View attachment 207461

View attachment 207464
Thank you so much for this!! This is one thing I've been waiting for! Does it seem to still have the space it did before the renovation? It looks great from the photos - I was worried. Looks like a lot of merchandise, too. Does it still have all the candy and food in the back?

MinnieM123

Premium Member

View attachment 207456

View attachment 207457

View attachment 207458

View attachment 207459

View attachment 207460

View attachment 207461

View attachment 207464

Those are nice photos you shared, and thank you.

Although I preferred the softer lighting and more subtle displays in the previous design, I'll withhold my final decision on the renovation, until I actually see the store in person. Regardless of the newer style, as long as they continue to stock their unique merchandise, that store will continue to be my favorite in World Showcase.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, July 29. Akoya Pearls at Mitsukoshi in the Japanese Pavilion was moved in mid-July and is now located in a central corner of the store. The new beautifully-themed area permits more viewing area without blocking pedestrian traffic inside the store. An overhead camera and flat screen TV behind the counter allows more people to actually see the process.

IMG_9895.JPG

IMG_9896.JPG

A new work area is off to the right side, with the check-out counter away from the oyster tanks.

IMG_9897.JPG

IMG_9898.JPG

Here is the old Akoya Pearl area, near a side door of the store.

IMG_9894.JPG

Renovations continue in other parts of the store, inside and outside. A refurbished fine jewelry area has opened in a side room.

IMG_9899.JPG

Beacon Joe

Original Poster
Great photos. Glad to see the renovation is moving along and the space reopening. Relocating the pearl counter to address the ever-present traffic jam was a great idea. Was that built into the old Mikimoto section?

I am Timmy

Photo update as of Saturday, July 29. Akoya Pearls at Mitsukoshi in the Japanese Pavilion was moved in mid-July and is now located in a central corner of the store. The new beautifully-themed area permits more viewing area without blocking pedestrian traffic inside the store. An overhead camera and flat screen TV behind the counter allows more people to actually see the process.

View attachment 219316

View attachment 219317

A new work area is off to the right side, with the check-out counter away from the oyster tanks.

View attachment 219318

View attachment 219319

Here is the old Akoya Pearl area, near a side door of the store.

View attachment 219320

Renovations continue in other parts of the store, inside and outside. A refurbished fine jewelry area has opened in a side room.

View attachment 219321
Thank you so much! I am in so much trouble, I can only imagine what fine jewelry from Japan looks like.......

Mark P.

Stopped by yesterday. The new floor plan looks *great*. Pick-a-pearl deserved a more prominent setup that also didn't impede on traffic flow through the store and the overhead screen is a great addition.

I am Timmy

Any updates on the renovation? I'm assuming it's done by now, if anyone has pics of the area where they had chopsticks, and the area where they kept food and drinks - would love to see them! TIA

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, February 18, 2018. For some weeks now, the back room (the Sake bar and various tea and candy offerings) has been under refurbishment. The back room is open now with a new Sake bar and the check out counter moved to the center back wall. New hanging lamps all round the perimeter of the room.

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

Finally, the last room in the retail store has been walled off for refurbishment. This was the temporary display room (plain yellow walls) in the center of the retail space, which several years ago was storage and backstage. It was opened as temporary display space over a year ago while other sections were being refurbished. The Pick a Pearl station is on the far left in the below photo.

IMG_0209.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom