Misunderstanding of things as a child.

Marc Gil

I remember going to POTC in Disneyland for the first time. My little brother was terrified! (We live in Florida, and he doesn't even go on the POTC here because of the drop.) anyway in the last scene where you are going up the waterfall, I told him that that was the "big" drop. He started crying. A dirty trick! When we got to the top and when he saw there was no drop, he slapped me on the shoulder. Fun times.

stargrl33

When I was six, I started freaking out when I saw a ghost in the Haunted Mansion. Turns out it was just the ride operator for the doom buggies.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
My brother was 4 1/2 when I took him to Disney. Both at that trip and his only other, when he was 8, he thought that by riding Buzz Lightyear, that we are keeping the lights on at Magic Kingdom. He thinks that if people didn't ride that ride, and stop Zurg from taking the batteries, that the lights will go out. It's so precious!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
This is true. I was lucky enough to grow up in the area. I first set foot in MK at 3, in 1972. I'm sure I was confused by many things I don't remember. However, I do remember that the first time EPCOT was mentioned on one of the local news outlets in Tampa, I was 8 or 9. I listened to the whole story and kept thinking, "They're building an apricot center? Can you have a whole park built around apricots?" I think I may have puzzled over that for a month or two before I finally saw it written out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom