Misty Mates

dlstc

Hello all,

I was just wondering what people thought of Misty Mates (personal cooling systems - put water in bottle, pump with air, releases fine mist through small tube).

I think we will need them as we will be in WDW in May with highs around 88 degrees, and I have two little ones (4 and 2). We can use them by the pool this summer too.

I can get 3 of the 10 oz bottles (1 pound or so filled) that have a waistband clip (for shorts or strollers) for about $46, including shipping. It's hard to find them right now, as it is out of season here (WV). Or I can just get one 16 oz to share (yeah, right) for about $25, shipping included.

Should I go ahead and get them? Do they sell them at Walmart in Orlando?

Any opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Diana

JBSLJames

My kids bought something last year we used which was essentially a water spray bottle with a battery operated fan. Turn the fan on and spray the water and you have a mist. I thought it only cost about $5.99 or so.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Those are neat. I've never heard of them before. When we are there during the summer we usually get a spray bottle with a fan on it. One for each of the kids. They are sold iced down from a vendors cart. Sorry I can't remember how much they were...maybe $15. This sounds like a better way to go. :wave:

Upvote 0

dlstc

Original Poster
Yes, I've seen little battery operated fans at the Disney store for 5 dollars but I liked this idea better. No batteries.

I thought about regular dollar store spray bottles or the bottles with the fans but I was afraid my two year old wouldn't be able to operate them. With this one, I would pump it initially, but she could spray herself.

Thanks again!

Diana

Upvote 0

Dwarful

well as a former mailman, (sorry maillady) I know several people who bought the misty mates or similar items off of qvc. Some people loved them, others didn't, it was strictly a matter of opinion.

Personally, on our last trip we forked out the $16 and bought one of the spray bottles/w fan. For the upcoming trip in June I bought several of the spray bottles/fans at the local discount store in Sept. when they were clearanced out to $1 each. We will start out using two per family this year and if someone swipes them if we leave them in the stroller, well we will only be out $1 each and still have back ups to spare.

The only downside i see of your idea is that you won't want to leave them lay about for fear of someone swiping them, which in the heat of the day may be a temptation for otherwise honest people.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom