Mission Space

Al

Original Poster
Hi!

When the outside of mission:space is completed, do you think they will remove the fence around it, and just put a barrier around the actual building (so no one tries to go in - lol!). they could put some benches , trees etc there. Or, will they remove the fence when EVERYTHING is complete?

By the way, when do you think the outside will be complete by?

Also.......as someone else mentioned on these forums, from looking at conceptual pictures, it appears that there should be 2 "planets" on the outside, one red (thats there now) and a smaller yellow one (which hasnt shown up yet). Do you think its been scrapped?

I think that its too small to be deemed part of the building like the big one, so it will be made, then put into its place. :D

WDW-Imagineer

That's exactly what they are going to do. Its called a "soft opening". While they're inside getting the ride ready for opening, the outside will be open to the public. You'll probably be able to sit outside, etc. I'm sure they will have some sort of attraction outside... information booths, etc.

Not quite sure about your other questions.

Al

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
That's exactly what they are going to do. Its called a "soft opening". While they're inside getting the ride ready for opening, the outside will be open to the public. You'll probably be able to sit outside, etc. I'm sure they will have some sort of attraction outside... information booths, etc.

Not quite sure about your other questions.

cool, thanks! when do you predict the soft opening will be then?

raven

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

That's what they did with Test Track too. Just as a teaser to get you to come back when they finnished it.

Passport

I was on Test Track last night at 8pm and when we went past Mission Space, the side double doors were on. The room was a light tan color and there was nothing in it. Boy does it take a long time for these rides to be put together.

Pioneer Hall

Actually that isn't what a soft opening is. A soft opening is when they open a ride before it's actual opening date and let a few guests ride it. Then they get reviews from the selected riders and can make adjustments accordingly. They will take the fence away so they can free up floor space and allow people to see the building and sit around it.

Expect the walls to come down this summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom