Mission Space

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I haven't been to WDW since '99 and I'm so excited to go on Mission Space. I was just wondering if it's as good as they have hyped it up to be....What is it like?

crazygirley

Originally posted by JesusJuice
I haven't been to WDW since '99 and I'm so excited to go on Mission Space. I was just wondering if it's as good as they have hyped it up to be....What is it like?
It's a great ride, JJ...I suggest you do a thread search as we all have answered this question before!!!

:D

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: Mission Space

Originally posted by crazygirley
It's a great ride, JJ...I suggest you do a thread search as we all have answered this question before!!!

:D
Sorry to sound ignorant but how do you do a search?

Disney Hog

This isn't your day JJ.:)

I didn't like it too much. I never understood all of the hype around it. My wife and children loved it.

I think you'll find all around mixed reviews. In my opinion, good but not great.

Testtrack321

Here's some advice, don't think about it anymore. People who didn't fall for the hype loved it, people who hyped it up for years didn't. So just rest.

Disney Hog

Here's some advice, don't think about it anymore. People who didn't fall for the hype loved it, people who hyped it up for years didn't. So just rest.

I agree. Its one of those things you just have to do yourself. Don't get too excited or it could ruin it.

crazygirley

I'm feeling bad that I sounded rude. So here goes...

It's a great ride, but it can be intense if you don't do well with spinning type rides, because in M:S, all you do is spin! But it is really fun and an attraction not to be missed. I hope you ride it, because I am pretty sure you will love it!

speck76

I enjoyed MS, and I loved the Mummy, although not all of the special effects were in place for the mummy yet...it can only get better.

speck76

You dont really know you are spinning, but your body does...It is not like riding the Rotor at the local fair.

Was IOA open the last time you were here?

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by speck76
You dont really know you are spinning, but your body does...It is not like riding the Rotor at the local fair.

Was IOA open the last time you were here?
Yeah but I didn't get to go to IOA because my grandparents hate Universal. :( They say it's a "cheap" imitation of Disney, but I really wanted to go! haha Good thing we're going this year baby!!! :lol:

speck76

Universal is great. You can't really compare it to Disney, or I guess, you really shouldn't bother, as they are both great in their own different ways.

Too bad you are coming over the summer....it is going to hotter than hell and wetter than...well...you get the picture.

If you like coasters, make sure you hit SeaWorld and Busch Gardens too.

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Universal is great. You can't really compare it to Disney, or I guess, you really shouldn't bother, as they are both great in their own different ways.

Too bad you are coming over the summer....it is going to hotter than hell and wetter than...well...you get the picture.

If you like coasters, make sure you hit SeaWorld and Busch Gardens too.
I would love to but unfortunately my grandparents are already freaking out that they have to take us to IOA as it is....haha

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Why don't you go without them....buy them a nice day someplace and take off without them.
Then I would miss all the Disney fun! lol If we were staying 2 weeks then maybe, but I would still need to rob a bank to pay for it! lol

CTXRover

Mission:Space is, IMO, the best "thrill" attraction at any park and the reactions that probably 80-85% of the people I've rode with seem to really love it too. Very few attractions have ever made people clap at the end....and I've been on a number of 'flights' with other guests who clapped at the end of MS. I absolutely love it and personally can't get enough of it. And no, I'm not a thrill junkie, I just can't get enough of the excitement that MS always builds up inside of me from the queue to the pre-shows to the liftoff and landing to playing Space Race in the post-show. Perhaps its because I've always been fascinated with space travel....but who hasn't? Do I think it lived up to the hype? It depends, if you base it on what Disney officially said in press releases....it surpassed it. If you base on the sometimes fantastical hype found on these and other message boards, it probably fell a little short. But in the long run, it is one killer attraction that at the very least reached my high expectations. People will have differing opinions, but I seriously contest the idea that any part of Mission:Space is "lame".....if I were you I wouldn't let anybody talk you out of your excitement for MS....I think (and hope) you'll love it as much as I do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom