Mission Space to use music from Horizons!?!

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
While I was at Epcot's Mission: Space preview launch area last week, I was talking with the person that was working there. We were talking about Horizons being torn down and the new Mission Space being built. I asked him what the ride was about and said he didn't know (old news).

One thing he did say that the Space Theme music from the old Horizons ride will be part of the que music for the new ride.

I know from the past, Disney likes to throw old ride history in their new rides just for laughs.

I have no idea if the above info is true...The details were provided by a regular Epcot Cast member. The cast member may be only hoping this will come true...I don't know!

Any thought...

monorail256

that would be real cool.. even though I dont even remember horizons.. I think.. I only rode the ride like twice during all my visits.. is it the ride that smelled like oranges? lol...:hammer:

pheneix

The Space medley is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard, so they would be insane to not use this song as part of, if not THE theme song for Mission Space.

Luau Cove

Yes. Horizons music was simply outstanding. It went really well with the ride, perfectly fit with it. I hope M:S music doesn't provoke a withdrawal in the music area, as in many other attractions happened.

-->LUAU

cm1988

Horizons, where dreams do come true...

Originally posted by DisneyWorld30th
I really hope they use the teo songs from Horizons...Space and New Horizons...
For complete lyrics, as well as scripts and much more from the attraction try this link

bearboysnc

We were talking about Horizons being torn down and the new Mission Space being built. I asked him what the ride was about and said he didn't know

Hmmm... they don't know what the ride is about.... BUT THEY KNOW what the theme music is?

Doesn't that seem like an ODD detail to pull out of your @$$?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by bearboysnc

Hmmm... they don't know what the ride is about.... BUT THEY KNOW what the theme music is?

Doesn't that seem like an ODD detail to pull out of your @$$?

I think he meant that he didn't know what Mission Space was going to be *exactly*...not what horizons was :)

Merlin0402

I remember reading a while back that Disney had salvaged several things from Horizons to put into Mission: Space, this was actually in Disney Magazine so the possibility of the music being the same is definitely there.

bamboo7

Originally posted by pheneix
The Space medley is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard, so they would be insane to not use this song as part of, if not THE theme song for Mission Space.

i couldn't agree more. i LOVE that music, and am glad to hear that it might be part of the new MS attraction.

Ian

Its all kind of a good idea and i do agree with the thot of placing pieces of an attraction in another because it had to be takin down in order to be erected in memory. many people enjoy rides that get desroyed and its fun to look back...i liked horizons...MS better hold up to expectations...what if TOT gets takin down?...thats the day..lol:lol:

jah4955

They've played origional Spaceship Earth and Horizons songs (including Space) near the entrance to Epcot (as backround music) over (at least) the last few years. It really contributes to the atmosphere as you are walking in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom