Mission:SPACE testing update

dxwwf3

I know that many of you know very much about the subject so I thought it would be a good idea to ask my question. If someone gets a chance could they please answer it. The main reason is that if you all are pretty sure of "sneek previews" during my original time I might not have to change our plans. And I was also curious about the AP previews and how you guys think they will trun out. I would appreciate any help greatly.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
1) Trust rob....he's right - pretty much all the time. He's got more "in" with WDW than anybody else on this board. I'll trust him every time because he doesn't say something unless he's sure.

2) Rob's not the one who turned this thread ugly. Do you honestly think that the way they do soft openings changes on every ride? I don't.

I'm going to break it down for you like I would for a 1st grader...maybe we can grind this into your head then.

They are testing/adjusting right now. They require people to make sure they have guest reaction as well as ride reaction with a full load. This ensures that they have little bugs worked out.

A soft opening is the time when a ride will be mostly operational, but still prone to down times to adjust and fix (at this time) minor bugs.

The grand opening will be October....Steve (the guy who runs and pays for this site) has said this numerous times, and he has some of the best info around? You think he conjured up the very first inside pics of mission:space out of thin air? Think again.

In conclusion, I would like to extend an invitation to all of you kids who think you can speak first - talk second.

Because if you do - you'll run into me. I shoot first - ask questions later.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Fievel
1) Trust rob....he's right - pretty much all the time. He's got more "in" with WDW than anybody else on this board. I'll trust him every time because he doesn't say something unless he's sure.

2) Rob's not the one who turned this thread ugly. Do you honestly think that the way they do soft openings changes on every ride? I don't.

I'm going to break it down for you like I would for a 1st grader...maybe we can grind this into your head then.

They are testing/adjusting right now. They require people to make sure they have guest reaction as well as ride reaction with a full load. This ensures that they have little bugs worked out.

A soft opening is the time when a ride will be mostly operational, but still prone to down times to adjust and fix (at this time) minor bugs.

The grand opening will be October....Steve (the guy who runs and pays for this site) has said this numerous times, and he has some of the best info around? You think he conjured up the very first inside pics of mission:space out of thin air? Think again.

In conclusion, I would like to extend an invitation to all of you kids who think you can speak first - talk second.

Because if you do - you'll run into me. I shoot first - ask questions later.
:Sigh: I didn't doubt ANYTHING Rob said in this thread. All I did was say semantics is pointless and stated the facts about what we know. Pretty much the EXACT same thing you just posted. My post wasn't even geared toward anyone and I justed quoted mkt's to make a point on the entire discussion. Everything is taken as an attack for reasons which are unknown to me.

In regards to a 'soft opening' usually not being announced, maybe they announced it THIS TIME for several reaons.....

1) The sheer popularity of the attraction of the secrecy of the ride system, they want to let people know when they will have a near 100% chance of riding it.

2) Perhaps the ride system is so reliable, that the soft opening may not have to go down due to problems, typical of TT's soft opening

3)Pressure from HP to get it open and see a return for their sponsorship

I think that the soft opening was announced on purpose to get people to the attraction to experince it, it has been a long time coming and I can't wait to see it. My two pennies.

meanmice

Here's a great way to end the debate on what is going on on August 15. People were riding last week, thay will ride on the 15, they will ride in october. probably in december they will continue to ride. Does it matter what they're called? it will be officially open when it's open. Until then it's all just luck if you can get on the ride before then.

TrevEG

Here's something to think about.. rides break down even when in full opperation. So that means that rides are actually subject to close at any time, be it during soft openings, test/adjust, whatever. So how about we just say that the ride is open but experiencing extreme technical difficulties. :D

Originally posted by AndyMagic
If we were to use other attractions as a way to gain the true definition of a soft opening, then soft openings are also unannounced. In which case, the August 15th date isn't a soft opening at all. My point is there is no point in arguing about this type of stuff as it is all semantics. All we know is that it will definately be open on August 15th and that some sort of grand opening celebration is taking place in October. We also know that the ride may continue guest testing if Disney so chooses. Be that as it may, based on every single previous ride in Disney history, last weeks guest "testing" certainly seemed like a soft opening to me, but what we or Disney call it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Andy, I have a friend who is working there...believe me, it is not a soft opening, its still testing, they are still calibrating and adjusting everyday and running new tests.

Kenan

Is it just me, or are all of these Mission:SPACE threads getting ridiculous. Basically, the same information is being said over and over again. I know a lot of people have questions about the attraction, but if ya'll would read the mainpage of Mission:SPACE first, and some informative threads thereafter, all new posts about MS are not neccessary. There, Ive been wanting to get that out for a long time.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Kenan
Is it just me, or are all of these Mission:SPACE threads getting ridiculous. Basically, the same information is being said over and over again. I know a lot of people have questions about the attraction, but if ya'll would read the mainpage of Mission:SPACE first, and some informative threads thereafter, all new posts about MS are not neccessary. There, Ive been wanting to get that out for a long time.

I know. I've been trying to get some information about the AP previews on this thread but of course most people are so wrapped up in this "soft opening/sneek peek" crap that I can't get an answer. I appreciate the PM's from Steve and Dogs Rule! to try to help. It's good to see some people trying to help others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom