Mission Space Puke

Ian

Original Poster
I have a little question to ask...So if my months of reading up on Mission Space are correct, then i see this attraction being about 4 people in a pod to themselves. Well if so, what if someone does puke? Wouldnt all this mess get tossed around and spread throughout the pod onto the feet and other parts of the other visitors?:dazzle:

Ian

Original Poster
So it has been reported that at least one visitor has puked on the ride and at least one outside. So what happened? anything spread? lol

Maria

A friend of mine talked today to one of our managers in Epcot and he said that many people have puked in M:S. I didn´t ask for details though. :animwink: :hurl:

Kenan

One word.....VoBan....I had the honor of viewing a nasty spill once in a TT vehicle. 28 to be exact. It was like chunks and it came out of a 5 year old kid. I started gagging and ran away. I couldnt even put the VoBan on it for custodial to clean it up.:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: VoBan is like a peppermint bread crumb thingie you put on the puke and it soaks it up.

Kenan

Originally posted by Ian
BUT CAN ANYONE ACTUALLY ANSWER THE QUESTION?!:hurl:

Well...if that does happen, they would probablly close down that one capsule until cusdtodial gets there. They would then probablly thouroughly wipe and wash down the capsule. Im sure they will have a custodian on hand 24/7. Dreamchasers has a similar problem at Test Track, but for different reasons. :animwink: :animwink: Tinkle, Tinkle, Little Star.

PhotoDave219

Does this mean we need a lifeguard making sure it's been at least 3 hours since we last ate? Or will they just be giving away Dramamine?

ucf disneyfan

I was riding MS today and the first thing that came to mind was what it would be like if someone lost their lunch. There are so many buttons and switches on the instrument panel that would have vomit in all the cracks. It seems like it would be very difficult to clean.

Maria

Originally posted by ucf disneyfan
I was riding MS today and the first thing that came to mind was what it would be like if someone lost their lunch. There are so many buttons and switches on the instrument panel that would have vomit in all the cracks. It seems like it would be very difficult to clean.

So you are saying you actually saw some vomit on the control panel? Do you have to touch those buttons? eeewww!

PalmTree7998

Note to self: Do not eat any more late night snacks while reading message boards. :hurl:

This thread brought up lovely memories of the nasty stomach virus my 5 yr old passed on to me last week.

I will definitely be popping some Dramamine before riding Mission Space!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
they'll hose it down.. lol.

I don't know anyone who's actually puked cause of it yet. In fact, today I felt worse after eating freeze dried beed stew than I did from riding Mission Space

ReDefined

My sister once rode the Gravitron at a carnival with a sick friend who just endulged in large order of carnie made poutine with gravy. I have never seen anything so gross in all my life. It took an hour to remove all the cheesy french fry chunks from her hair. And, my God, the smell...

I can't wait to ride Mission Space! Thank goodness they don't sell poutine at EPCOT... or do they?

JonnyK

OMG - That Would Be Gross to Sit Next to someone who is feeling woozy and about to barf. Ewww.

I hate hearing stories about.. :hurl:

But of course Im gonna ride this !! I Don't get sick on rides

ucf disneyfan

Originally posted by Maria
So you are saying you actually saw some vomit on the control panel? Do you have to touch those buttons? eeewww!

I never said I saw vomit. Just saying I can't imagine what it would be like if it got all inside the instrument panel. Sorry for the confusion.:lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Remember that ETC and WDI have huge amounts of experience in ride technology and motion simulation. They have been working on this project for over 5 years now, and every step of the way they have been aware of the motion sickness issue, and have developed things to keep it to an absolute minimum.

You are always going to get some people getting sick, even on things like the tea cups and space mountain, so dont worry if you hear about the off person getting sick on space, it will happen. However, so far in testing, there has not been a major sickness issue. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom