Mission:SPACE My FIRST RIDE!!!!!

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greeetings all from the very quiet, and locked up Geek Labs. Its late for me but I have good reason for a late update....I have just returned from Epcot where tonight I finally joined the few and special ranks of Mission:SPACE test subjects.

All I can say is WOW!!!! It has lived up to my wonders, and expectations. The ride is amazing, and has pushed the bar to a higher standard in ride simulation.

I arrived at Epcot tonight shortly before 7pm. There was typical Florida storms coming but that didnt stop me, and my fellow geek lab workers. When I saw the front gate to the wall open it was like heaven. To finally step beyond the secured wall (LEGALLY), and actually see beyond the courtyard.

Ah what a beautiful inside. I dont know if people have mentioned this but Disney listened to the fans of Horizons. There is a piece of Horizons on the actual attraction. It is in the queue area on the huge gravity wheel. right center of the wheel, there it shines in its glory.

One interesting CELEB report I heard today from a reliable CM of the ride. Mr Star Wars himself George Lucas was here today for the ride. He has actually rode it the past two days with his family, and the word is they all love it. Could a Star Tours rehab happen???? to soon to tell but glad to hear he loved it.

I rode Mission:SPACE two times. One on an empty stomach, and one after dinner. Personally I held up fine no problems etc. I did see 1 guest when I was entering, and he would be exiting the pod looked a little pale, and needed to sit for a few minutes but no one falling out or getting sick

I am going to be out again tomorrow for the preview from 4-9pm. I will be with some fellow Lab Rats :)

If ya wanna meet some PM me, and lets setup a spot to meet.

The guests I talked too, and heard speaking very loudly where very excited, and pleased with the attraction.

Confirm it will be closed Friday for the families of the people who helped build it.

Also weekend update It is not scheduled to be open this weekend. Mosts CM's who are working there now are not schedule TO DATE to work this weekend. This does not mean it will be closed but it doesnt mean its gonna be open for sure.

All in all its a 10 in my book, and I agree its an G TICKET

bring on Mickey's PhilharMagic

ToTBellHop

Thanks for the update! Glad to see so many raving reviews:) Any word on whether it will be open next week? I wasn't expecting it to be open this weekend, but I will be very impressed if they decide to do so...from what I've heard, they did very well with getting guests through tonight, so maybe they are ready for limited weekend openings already:)

KevinPage

Yes I came right from work and was able to get 2 rides in as well, that was all my bosy could take. It did make me fell sick, not puking sick, but jsut screwed up my equilibrium totally. I was able to walk fine to the car and all ,but I felt like crap.

The G forces are pretty intense, more than I expected (being that I ride every roller coaster I get a chance to with no problem).

I really enjoyed the ride, I'm not doing cartwheels like most people(probably cuase I didn't feel good after getting off) and the fact that NOTHING ever meets my expectations.

Hope to get a few more rides in tomorrow to get a better picture and not get sick again :)

Kevin

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by KevinPage
Yes I came right from work and was able to get 2 rides in as well, that was all my bosy could take. It did make me fell sick, not puking sick, but jsut screwed up my equilibrium totally. I was able to walk fine to the car and all ,but I felt like crap.

The G forces are pretty intense, more than I expected (being that I ride every roller coaster I get a chance to with no problem).

I really enjoyed the ride, I'm not doing cartwheels like most people(probably cuase I didn't feel good after getting off) and the fact that NOTHING ever meets my expectations.

Hope to get a few more rides in tomorrow to get a better picture and not get sick again :)

Kevin

One of my fellow geeks didnt ride it a second time. They said they got a headache a little from it. I think it was nerves :)

Myself the only thing I noticed when I first rode it was I had to focus my eyes at launch just a second. But I was able to hit all my buttons, and follow the show with no problem

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by KevinPage

Kevin

uh oh....someone lifted there head up lol

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
now now.. F-ticket has such a negative connotation to it... lol. It's a G-Ticket!

neelix

from what I have been reading I plan on taking dramamine as a precaution before I get on Ill be there june 16- 21 if anyone gets any info on opening times for then please keep us updated

THX-1701

Account Suspended
I keep thinking about that James Bond
movie Moonraker,where Roger Moore is spinning around in that astronaut training simulator,to simulate the g-forces of flight.

"My grandmother can handle 5-gs Mr.Bond!"
- Holly Goodhead-"Moonraker"

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by mkt
now now.. F-ticket has such a negative connotation to it... lol. It's a G-Ticket!

Agree I will edit my post but I thought of that this morning on the way into the labs. G TICKET

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Follow up from Wednesday nights ride.

My fellow Geek Labs employees, and myself made it out for the Thursday preview. Though only able to ride it once. M:S suffered some minor technical difficulties last night. To what degree I dont know. Also though people need to realize when this happens that it should not reflect on the ride, and the future of it. Think of the current status as a beta test the same thing software companies do.

When we arrived the secure wall was closed, and all CM's where under the Red Planet looking out at all of us in the rain :)

My group decided to go to the gift shop for more merchandise, and father's day gifts. It was not even 10minutes later of our arrival, and the gates where open again, and we where allowed in.

This time I took my time looking around in the queue etc. First time I rode it was a sensory overload trying to take it all in. :lol:

I noticed on the large gravity wheel two small HP symbols in two "departments" of the wheel. One is on a what appears to be a hand held scanner for food in the kitchen. The other I wanna say was in the sick bay area. Did HP have any equipment in Mission To Mars?? I cant remember.

The crowds where still excited by the ride, and I heard people saying how many times they had rode it etc. Fun for all...

Dont forget today it IS closed to the public. Tonight is the party for the workers, and their families who helped build Mission:SPACE

I did not hear any talk of a weekend preview or previews going on next week. Please be aware of this if you havent been able to ride it yet

All in all good times.....

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by orlpassholder

Dont forget today it IS closed to the public. Tonight is the party for the workers, and their families who helped build Mission:SPACE

I did not hear any talk of a weekend preview or previews going on next week. Please be aware of this if you havent been able to ride it yet

All in all good times.....

It would be bad luck to open it to the public anyway:) Happy Friday the 13th, y'all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom