MISSION: SPACE ( just o.k.)

Seano846

Original Poster
I got to tell ya, I just got back from an awsome week a WDW and was lucky enough to experience Misson Space. I really wasn't impressed by the ride itself. the G-Force feeling was pretty cool but they really missed the boat on the video. The screens were way too small ( and dirty) and the animations were not that realistic. I guess I expected more from Disney. Don't get me wrong It is a good ride, not a Great one.(like Spiderman at IOA for example). Anyway that's just my opinion , I could be wrong. :wave:

Coaster Guy

I totally respect your opinion about Mission: Space, but one would have to argue that it is very realistic. I am sorry that the screans were dirty; which is not acceptable. The size of the screan is very realistic for space flight though. Since space is a vaccuum, the windows cannot be large. Their size increasing would make their vulnerability to breaking grow exponentially. Sure the screans are small, but that is realistic. As for the animation not being realistic, I am not sure what you were expecting. Disney worked with NASA to make sure everything in this attraction is realistic. The images you see of Earth and Mars are real pictures. The used many still pictures and 3d renderings to make the composite image that you see. When you are approaching mars, you are seeing actual pictures of the planet compiled into a database to create the final animation. That is about as real as you can get.

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by Seano846
I got to tell ya, I just got back from an awsome week a WDW and was lucky enough to experience Misson Space. I really wasn't impressed by the ride itself. the G-Force feeling was pretty cool but they really missed the boat on the video. The screens were way too small ( and dirty) and the animations were not that realistic. I guess I expected more from Disney. Don't get me wrong It is a good ride, not a Great one.(like Spiderman at IOA for example). Anyway that's just my opinion , I could be wrong. :wave:

Im glad to hear your opinion, as you provided a different veiw of it, but, keep in mind. The first day I rode it was the second day of them doing preveiws. It was looking alot better back then then it was the last couple times I rode it. I do agree with the video quality only on Mars, its not all to realistic, BUT, the video of flying over Florida, and the moon and such, I thought that was amazing. Suprisingly enough though, the Mars footage is actually satelite images peiced together with different images to provide that, so, in actuality, Mars is the most realistic Space footage in the ride

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
just remember.. this was only a test, and the attraction won't be final until August 15.

MrPromey

Originally posted by mkt
just remember.. this was only a test

Had this been an actual ride experience, you would have been given instructions for what to do in a real emergency after exiting your ride vehicles.

Sir Hiss527

Yea the ride is not final yet. They are still doing things to work on the ride. It's like your a ginny pig, and your trying it out before it actually opens. I'm going to wait and ride it, when it opens on August 15.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom