Mission Space existance

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Fievel

I hate the PIS boards...never mention them again.

Ohh, shall we start that again? It'll be amazing if my post is still here, but yours will stay.

PS I will mention them again becaue they are a relable source and no matter how much you hate them, I will metion them again as a quote...

ToTBellHop

Regardless of your feelings about another board, (by the way, no boards are very reliable...anyone can post anything, which is neither here nor there), this project is definitely not in jeopardy. They just started building a Compaq corporate lounge on the side of the pavillion this week.

Invero

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Um...I think there HAS to be a contract between Disney and Compaq. Wouldn't that be the reason that they changed all their computers to Compaq and put up the "powered by Compaq" thing on their web-site in the first place?

They didn't really "change out" thier computers, per se... A loooong time ago... some of you might remember a computer corporation called Digital Equipment Corporation. Both my parents worked for DEC actually. Anyways, it was DEC that created and provided the computer processing power that was the foundation for Epcot, and the Disney computer network. DEC was then bought out by Compaq in the 90's, and as such, all the computer systems in Disney were upgraded with Compaq computers.

So... when you really think about it... Not only is Mission: Space's sponsor up in the air... and how that will all work out... But also, so is Disney's entire computer infrastructure is up in the air.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Bdis86
Get rid of the Space Center Visitor Center on the East coast. Then just have everyone go to Epcot.

I don't think that will happen. First of all, going to disney isn't the same as actually going to the space center where you could actually see the stuff. Second, NASA is planning to compete with the major theme parks in FL. I remember hearing somewhere that by the year 2005, they are planning to build two rides, one being a space themed rollercoaster, and a warer ride themed to simulate landing in water from space.

bearboysnc

quote "NASA is planning to compete with the major theme parks in FL. I remember hearing somewhere that by the year 2005"

WELCOME TO NASA-LAND, PLEASE KEEP YOUR HANDS AND ARMS IN THE SHUTTLE AT ALL TIMES AND PLEASE REMAIN FLOATING UNTIL YOUR ASTRONAUT TURNS ON THE ARTIFICIAL GRAVITATIONAL FORCES.

I somehow doubt the Government run Space Program has any extra $$ to build a theme park.

woofboy111

Probably not, but these are the plans that I heard they had. I think i heard it on the news a while back, but normally they are wrong about these things...

MrPromey

Originally posted by woofboy111

I don't think that will happen. First of all, going to disney isn't the same as actually going to the space center where you could actually see the stuff. Second, NASA is planning to compete with the major theme parks in FL. I remember hearing somewhere that by the year 2005, they are planning to build two rides, one being a space themed rollercoaster, and a warer ride themed to simulate landing in water from space.

I don’t know about the rides but I do know that the Kennedy Space Center (the public area is still called that, isn’t it?) is managed by a private company for NASA. As for them financially sponsoring Mission Space you can hold your breath on that one. I know that they are helping with the development of the attraction in some way but I’m pretty sure that’s about as far as they are going to go. Think about it – one car in TT has more computing power than the Space Shuttles. NASA desperately needs all the money they get...

In any event, I’m sure Disney has their rears covered with this and even if they were to loose the contract, I highly doubt they would totally drop the project. If it came to it, I’m sure they could discount the sponsor fees enough to snag somebody. :)

Al

hehe, i can just picture it now:

mikcey mouse is having a convo with the compaq (picture a big compaq logo with legs and arms)

Now, as long as you pwomise?

compaq: i pwomise mickey!

mickey: yay!!!! i better start building!, but first........lets go get candy!

:D :lol:

lol, disney arent stupid - there has got to be a contract. from what i can remember - its a 10yr deal.

lamarvenoy

I'M WITH TERP02 IF COMPAQ DOES GET EATEN UP BY DREAMWORKS KATZ COULD GET HIS REVENGE WITH EISNER BY DRAGGING OUT THE LEGAL ISSUES FOR AWHILE,NOT UNLIKE EASNER DID TO HIM. KATZ HAS A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER WHEN IT COMES TO DISNEY. PINT SIZE TROUBLE MAKER.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom