Mission SPACE Centrifuge

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Good welcome, citizens. I've got a question for you all.

Does anyone know where I can find a video of the Mission: SPACE orange centrifuge in action. If there existed said video that ran in parallel with the actual ride, that would be doubly awesome.

I had a quick scout of Youtube but alas, my search did not yield any results.

I'm curious to see how it all works.

Thanks in advance!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Never seen one. Given the safety issues with setting up with a camera in the ride area when it's operating, I suspect the only way it would exist is if Disney made it or approved it's creation.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
MS has a complex intrusion system that prevents the ride starting if anything out of place is in the ride path, so as Monty says, you are only going to see this if Disney ever makes one available.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
MS has a complex intrusion system that prevents the ride starting if anything out of place is in the ride path, so as Monty says, you are only going to see this if Disney ever makes one available.

Actually, a Disney made video was what I was expecting.

tissandtully

Good welcome, citizens. I've got a question for you all.

Does anyone know where I can find a video of the Mission: SPACE orange centrifuge in action. If there existed said video that ran in parallel with the actual ride, that would be doubly awesome.

I had a quick scout of Youtube but alas, my search did not yield any results.

I'm curious to see how it all works.

Thanks in advance!

I know Martin's Mission Space video has footage of it running. I don't have the link on me, but search google for martins site.

tissandtully

I scanned through the video and the only clip I saw of the centrifuge in operation was a computer simulation.

I know it's in there, it's not the best view, seemed to be taken outside a door or something. May be thinking about a different mission space vid, could have swore it was martins video.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know it's in there, it's not the best view, seemed to be taken outside a door or something. May be thinking about a different mission space vid, could have swore it was martins video.

It could be in there, I didn't watch it all the way through so I might have missed it.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Just watched it in it's entirety and it was in the video. Looked like someone was filming it from the outside through a small opening.

E

Engenie

This is the company that actually designed and made the centrifuges, a company called Environmental Tectonics Corporation: http://www.etcusa.com/

Go dig through all their product website and there are some pictures and videos. Unfortunately, I don't see anything that is the exact same, or even the multi-arm centrifuges, but you'll see some of the simulators have some similar design aspects. I do remember seeing pictures of it on their website many many years ago and looked like it was primarily for marketing. It said it was designed for "a theme park in the USA" (or something of the like) and didn't mentioned Disneys' name at all, but looking at it, it would have been pretty obvious to anyone on these boards. You may need to dig deep as it just may still be there somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom