MISSION: MISNOMER - An Open Workspace for the SAU

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
JhR9Sby.png

There was a slight change of plans with MISSION: MUMBAI.

It is no longer just centered around Mumbai...

It is centered around freedom!

This thread will be a place for eliminated players, members of the Final 8, guest judges, hosts, and anyone else who wants to join the fun to have a completely free and open space to create whatever they would like within the SAU!

No prompts, no deadlines, no eliminations, no reviews, no winners, no losers!

Unbridled creativity for the sake of unbridled creativity!

Use your home Disney park, a dream park like Brazil or Mumbai, a Universal resort, Six Flags, Busch Gardens, your local zoo, wherever you want to work!

All projects created through MISSION: MUMBAI MISNOMER will be SAU canon!

Here is the SAU Directory for Reference

Outbound

I will kick this off with finishing Disney's Dark Kingdom.

HongKongMap.png

As you can see, the bottom of the map shows a large empty region titled "Expansion Plot". Originally, this was going to be the Elephant Graveyard, a land that warns of the environment. You can see more details from my quote, way back when...

DAYS THREE AND FOUR RECAP
We have finished most of the park basics. I think we all understand the lands and the general theme of the park. I spent a long time tonight figuring out how the lands and pathways would link up, and this is the result:

hongkongmap3-png.362047

You may also see the beginnings of the proper park map, which I plan to completely fill. I am making these maps with MS Paint so it takes some time but is strangely meditating.

ELEPHANT GRAVEYARD
  • Themed to the desert under attack... by poachers!
  • I added a volcano to the map. This could be a "weanie" for the land, with it occasionally bursting into flames. Like the dragon at Diagon Alley.
  • A Lion King log flume, telling the story of the animated classic. The queue would be to the elephant graveyard, but once the ride begins it turns to fairly standard retelling.
  • A playground with numerous elephant bones... sorta like the boneyard at AK.
  • An Indiana Jones attraction inside the Volcano. It could either use dinosuar! tech like the forbidden eye, or be themed to mine carts like in Tokyo.
  • Clayton could have a restaurant/shop themed to him.
  • Likewise, Charles Muntz could set up a restaurant/shop here.

Unfortunately, some of my teammates got sick during the SA5 finale, which left us with less time and one land had to get cut. As it was the least connected to the other lands, we removed Elephant Graveyard from our final draft which gave us more time to flesh out the other five lands.

Now, I am going to finish the Dark Kingdom by bringing back the Elephant Graveyard! Or something similar at least. But don't expect me to finish it anytime soon. Maybe right before Act 3 ends.

EmFromPlanetEarth

you know, the carousel of progress is a beloved ride, but it does take up some prime real estate. if you combined the carousel of progress with the area formerly used by the galaxy palace theater, you have a show building the size of the wdw haunted mansion, and still have space left from the cop building. I would probably move the carousel of progress back to disneyland, or relocate it to where the speedway is. would anyone like to help expand this idea?

Outbound

What do you think of moving the tomorrowland speedway to disney springs, if it was ever removed for expansion? like how the little train ride and carousel are at disney springs? i feel it would fit the theme of disney springs alot better.

The Speedway takes up so much space, it wouldn't be a bad idea. You could fit a whole land in there. Cough cough Discovery Bay.

EmFromPlanetEarth

The Speedway takes up so much space, it wouldn't be a bad idea. You could fit a whole land in there. Cough cough Discovery Bay.
One idea i had was to relocate the carousel of progress west of space mountain, where the big turnaround section is now, and use its previous location combined with the space previously taken up by the galaxy palace theater to make a dark ride. Ive settled on wall-e for the theme but i haven't decided the ride system, and i am hesitant on it being an omnimover considering buzz lightyear is nearby, but hey, tokyo disneyland has two shooter rides in tomorrowland! (ride and go seek and buzz lightyear). im torn between either a suspended dark ride, a trackless ride, or an omnimover. Which one should i pick?

AceAstro

What do you think of moving the tomorrowland speedway to disney springs, if it was ever removed for expansion? like how the little train ride and carousel are at disney springs? i feel it would fit the theme of disney springs alot better.
There's a difference between that Train Ride and the Speedway. And the Speedway would take up a TON of space in Disney Springs. I am not sure where there is room.

Outbound

One idea i had was to relocate the carousel of progress west of space mountain, where the big turnaround section is now, and use its previous location combined with the space previously taken up by the galaxy palace theater to make a dark ride. Ive settled on wall-e for the theme but i haven't decided the ride system, and i am hesitant on it being an omnimover considering buzz lightyear is nearby, but hey, tokyo disneyland has two shooter rides in tomorrowland! (ride and go seek and buzz lightyear). im torn between either a suspended dark ride, a trackless ride, or an omnimover. Which one should i pick?

My suggestion is a trackless dark ride. Guests board the transports similar to the ones in the movie.

1585792004807.png

However, it is ultimately all up to you. Both a suspended dark ride and omnimover would work brilliantly for a ride suited to that ride type.

EmFromPlanetEarth

who would like to help design a dark ride based off the simpsons for walt disney studios paris, possibly in the toon studios area. i heard the simpsons is quite popular in europe, and it could give them the chance to use the simpsons in a disney park, considering universal took that opportunity from disney in the usa, and there arent many other disney parks located in areas where the simpsons is popular. i was thinking a trackless ride that takes you on a tour of Springfield, with the mandatory cartoony shenanigans and trademark simpsons wit.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Bit of concept art for my carousel of progress replacement, themed to wall-e.
note that layout isnt final, just a basic representation of the path the ride will take, as well as just to show my concept. also, this ride will FOR SURE have the 'define dancing' scene (as represented by the starry room)
cop replacement.png

EmFromPlanetEarth

Bit of concept art for my carousel of progress replacement, themed to wall-e.
note that layout isnt final, just a basic representation of the path the ride will take, as well as just to show my concept. also, this ride will FOR SURE have the 'define dancing' scene (as represented by the starry room)
View attachment 460911
heres an alternate layout:
View attachment 460912
Which one do you like better?
the one with the queue in a new building, or the one that uses the cop for the queue?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom