Mission: Green v. Orange

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
I know this is a day early, but would people who have experienced both suggest hitting Mission:Space Green or Orange first? Would like some reviews since I haven't done either yet.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
biggbird5182 said:
What are you talking about?
Disney has converted 1 of the 4 centrifuges to a milder version that does not spin. Orange is spinning Green is not. You will be given a card depending on your choice that will be collected before you get on the attraction. The color coding is to help avoid people getting on the wrong version of the attraction.

TTATraveler

biggbird5182 said:
What are you talking about?

From the WDWMagic News Page

18 May 2006: Update on the alternate ride version

As previously announced, there will be two Mission: SPACE experiences, Orange Team (spinning high G version as before) and Green Team (non-spinning mild version). The current Standby entrance will become Orange Standby, with the current Singles entrance becoming Green Standby. Before anyone can enter the building they will need to have an orange or green pass, which will have to be presented at the end of the line. This pass will ensure that the rider has chosen the correct ride version, and should help to reduce confusion.

The new version is set to be available to guests this Friday.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
TTATraveler said:
I absolutely cannot do orange, but may consider green.
I love the spinning attraction but will definitely go on the non spinning at least once. I have several friends that would love M:S but have not gotten on it because they can't handle the spinning and I would like to be able to let them know if they can take it. I'll be there Sunday so if no one posts a review by then I will post one latter that night.

Moustronaut

Orange Team Forever!!!

So I can understand this I guess. Kinda sucks for the imagineering team, can only push the envelope so far. Two predictions:

1. Mission:Space will not be dulplicated at any of the other Disney parks. Although willing to to conceed this may become more popular as people will be more than willing to give the green team experience a shot.

2. This will not prevent any additional deaths from this attraction. Sounds like the unfortunate events were all surprises to the guests and it's just as likely that people will choose the orange team experience thinking they won't have a problem

But you can find me in the orange team que as always.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
hardcard said:
anyone know if there are different height restrictions for the green one?
I doubt it. The restraint system is a main factor in determining ride height and that wont be altered. If it does change my 5 year old will be thrilled. She is hovering around 43-1/2 inches right now and cant wait to ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom