Missing employee found in pond at Royal Pacific

Scuttle

Original Poster
I wasn't sure I even wanted to start a thread about this, but here goes. I was driving to work today and noticed a crime scene with tape and cops and coroners. I had to park in the other lot. Anyway a housekeeping employee went missing nearly three weeks ago. Her car and body were found today in the pond right next to the employee parking lot. Horrible police work. How do you miss the parking lot of where the person works. WOW! Here's the rest of the story...http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79511368/

Bairstow

If there had been a missing person's report filed, and the woman's vehicle is gone, why would the police dredge the ponds near her place of business?

Betsyboo

That's so sad. I heard about this on the news while visiting last week. Evidently she had only driven in the area a few times.

danpam1024

So sad. Similar thing happened at a mall near my house- 2 drunks didn't follow the winding road and ended up in the lake. There were no signs they went in. The ski show team found them. Now there are road signs there. Sad.

Scuttle

Original Poster
So sad. Similar thing happened at a mall near my house- 2 drunks didn't follow the winding road and ended up in the lake. There were no signs they went in. The ski show team found them. Now there are road signs there. Sad.
What I don't get is how the entire car was submerged. It's a small retention pond and it seems the water level is pretty low. I just didn't think it was more than 5 feet deep.... I do have to stop and wonder that if this was a white female if she would have been missing as long. There I said it.

draybook

This is sad. It reminds me of the pond in Celebration where numerous people died after driving into it due to poor markings and no barriers.

draybook

Yeah, it looks a lot like a spot near where I live that I almost wrecked my CRX at. There's not a pond here but it still would have totaled my car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom