Mirror Walt Disney World

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I can't wait to see Mirror Universal Studios next!
I actually intend to make a post about Mirror Universal shortly after I finish my Port Disney posts. Expect it at some point this weekend. But bear in mind, it will only be one post going over the basics. I'm not going into full detail. Consider it a "detour" from Mirror WDW.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
All right, everyone, here is the final realm of Port Disney!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kingdom by the Sea

26d10655f50de0cee7aa8a3d02b49627.jpg

Serving as an analogue for Mermaid Lagoon, Kingdom by the Sea blends the world of Disney royalty with the seaside kingdoms of Medieval Europe. A vibrant seaport, Villaggio Marina, leads up to the kingdom’s castle, Castello dell’Oceano. Not themed around any specific princess, this.castle serves as a focal point for the Kingdom by the Sea, and for Port Disney in general. This, Mt. Prometheus, Avengers Tower II and the Sultan’s Palace make for four powerful, eye-catching buildings of the Port Disney skyline -- the Four Points of Port Disney, if you will. Furthermore, this Kingdom represents the ever-changing seasons, as evidenced by Bosque de las Estaciones -- the Forest of the Seasons -- on the outskirts of the village.

Villaggio Marina is accessed only from Novus Harbor. This bustling seaport wouldn’t be out of place on Novus Harbor -- if it weren’t for the clear Disney presence. So many proprietors set up shop here in the area. Hook’s Galley, much like its Tokyo counterpart, offers pizza, salads and soft drinks. Though an eating garden overlooking Lake Buena Vista is available, the interior features décor inspired by Peter Pan. Merlin’s Magic Shoppe features magic tricks and other things any aspiring wizard might need. Mrs. Potts’ Cupboard offers delicious ice-cream treats. The Heraldry Shoppe, aptly marked by twin suits of armor and an antique collection of medieval weaponry, allows patrons to trace their family tree for generations into the past. Replica swords, daggers and shields are also for sale, in addition to family crests, tapestries and medieval paraphernalia. Clopin’s Festival of Foods offers a wide selection of quick, easy French cuisine, all beneath the color and whimsy of intricate tents and canvas awnings. Stockades, gallows and prison carts add to the atmospheric delight of this vibrant gathering. The Wishing Well sells all things fantasy, from sorcerer hats to princess gowns.

Also held within the Villaggio is an elaborate Gothic-Bavarian manor home, elegant, medieval, yet intimidating in both design and appearance. Impressive stonework forms towers and turrets. The walls rot and crumble with age, held in place by twisted tree roots. This manor is the alchemy lab of the legendary Master Yen Sid. The old sorcerer often parts the curtains of his solitary tower, peering down at the cobblestone streets below, surveying the land, silently, judgmentally, yet benevolently. Now, if this sight sends a chill down your spine, fear not. Yen Sid is inviting all visitors to his fortress to take part in a very special concert. With his powerful magic, Yen Sid has joined together time periods, drawing together classic music spanning the centuries. We are cordially invited to choose our own concert experience and take a journey unlike anything ever seen before in a Disney park, as we explore the magical, musical world of Fantasia!

the_sorcerer_s_apprentice_by_glimpen-dadmcfc.jpg

In this excellent attraction, as designed by @D Hulk for Season 16 of So, You Want to Be an Imagineer?, Fantasia takes us out of medieval Fantasyland and into the world of music, where anything can happen. Beginning with the surrealism of Bach’s “Toccata and Fugue”, we then explore one of four different worlds: the excitement of Tchaikovsky’s “Nutcracker Suite”, the humor of Ponchielli’s “Dance of the Hours”, the horror of Mussorgsky’s “Night on Bald Mountain” and the beauty of Resphigi’s “Pines of Rome”. It all wraps up with--what else?--Dukas’ “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”, as we relive the magic of Mickey Mouse trying in vain to stop a horde of living brooms from destroying Yen Sid’s laboratory.

We dine on “music for the mouth” immediately following our journey. The Orchestra Pit takes up residence in a corner of the village nearby Yen Sid’s fortress. These storefronts are the temporary housing for Yen Sid’s visiting orchestra, who have taken rather abrupt residence in the villager’s bakeries and shoe shops and cellars. In fact, don't be surprised to see live musicians roaming about the restaurant, ready to serenade diners with Fantasia music at a moment’s notice!

1432712694_11223754_893599970683808_3850207556971041028_n.jpg

Beyond the bustling seaport of the Villaggio, you’ll find yourself staring up at what sits upon a prominent seaside clifftop: Castello dell’Oceano. Castello dell’Oceano is a beautiful place; a completely original castle design with heavy Spanish and Italian influence, featuring design elements representing various Disney princesses. Stepping through its gates, you’ll find yourself in a spacious foyer; a warm rotunda of vivid tapestries, aristocratic columns, stone gargoyles, and a magnificent chandelier cast beneath the painted mural of a starry night; the constellations and planets recall the great heroes and beasts of legend; Hercules, Pegasus, Simba and Mufasa among others. Surrounding this mural are statues of Disney characters, representing the twelve signs of the Zodiac:
  • Aries - The Ram: Ram from Brother Bear
  • Taurus - The Bull: Ferdinand the Bull
  • Gemini - The Twins: Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
  • Cancer - The Crab: Sebastian
  • Leo - The Lion: Simba
  • Virgo - The Maiden: Snow White
  • Libra - The Scales: The Blue Fairy, holding a balance scale
  • Scorpio - The Scorpion: The scorpion from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, locked in battle with Antie
  • Sagittarius - The Archer: Robin Hood
  • Capricorn - The Goat: Djali
  • Aquarius - The Water-Bearer: Shanti
  • Pisces - The Fish: Nemo
Mosaics depict all 4 seasons through the tales of Tiana (spring), Rapunzel (summer), Merida (autumn), Anna and Elsa (winter). The Hall of Legends is a chamber for reflection and discovery. Spectacular stained glass depicts the heroes and heroines of the Disney Canon, each shown in a spotlight of music, magic and nostalgia. Tarzan, Hercules, Mulan, Aladdin and Quasimodo are among the chosen few.

e63da37e57cb316dfc843a726bd196a7.jpg

Beyond this foyer is the elaborate Royal Ballroom. Taking inspiration from films like Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast, this ballroom is quite the beautiful place. To honor all the guests who have come to visit this Castello, the Disney princesses and princes are hosting a ball. At certain times throughout the day, you are invited to join these royal couples for a royal ball, all against an enchanting backdrop of Castello dell’Oceano and Lake Buena Vista. The music here involves classic waltzes (“Blue Danube”, “The Second Waltz”, “Waltz of the Flowers”, etc.) and various ballroom takes on classic Disney tunes, allowing one and all to waltz, tango and polka alongside Disney royalty. In addition, the Royal Ballroom also hosts premium dance lessons for a price, allowing all novices to learn the basics of ballroom dancing. In addition to all this, so massive is this ballroom that it has become a popular place for wedding receptions. A door leads towards a beautiful viewing area along the cliff upon which the castle sits, offering prime views of Port Disney’s wonders and of World of Color.

Also within the walls of this castle is Storyteller’s Nook. This shop is practically every Disney nerd’s dream come true. The merchandise here is themed around all the films in the Disney Animated Canon. In fact, if you look really closely, throughout the store, you’ll find references to every single film in the Disney Canon. I am not kidding.

df33fea283c12041f17c256cfa03f2cb.jpg

Across the way from the clifftop is the entrance to Voyage to the Crystal Grotto. In this elaborate outdoor boat ride, sail past familiar faces and places from the world of Disney. It all culminates with a trip inside the cliffs the Castello sits upon. Within those rocky walls is the Crystal Grotto itself, a magical wonderland of color, music and light, where the images of classic Disney characters appear from within. However, unlike its Shanghai Disneyland counterpart, the Port Disney ride focuses more on the locations than the characters. In essence, this is to WDW what Storybookland Canal is to Disneyland.

Casey-Junior-Circus-Train.png

The Casey Jr. Circus Train, like its Disneyland original, was conceived as a sort of low-speed roller coaster, climbing and dropping over the Crystal Grotto landscape. Secure in their various cages, boxcars, and cabooses, passengers aboard the Casey Jr. Circus Train will cheer along as Casey proclaims “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can,” while he chugs and puffs his way up a particularly steep hill.

Then, there is the Bosque de las Estncionces. This elaborate, scenic portion of the Kingdom serves as a revival of an abandoned EPCOT concept called “The Enchanted Forest”, described by Widen Your World as “essentially a multi-zoned, interactive play experience built around three UK literary works, and one English legend, that led to Disney film treatments: Alice In Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Winnie-the-Pooh and Robin Hood. It would have relied heavily and landscaping and topiary sculptures, along with character greeting areas and a few fully-realized architectural works to make the worlds of those characters come to life in a walk-through environment.” Here at Port Disney, the selection of films represented will be based on how they represent the seasons, as there will be four areas, each themed around a different season. Robin Hood and Winnie the Pooh will remain part of the experience, but they will be joined by two new faces.

scene-Bambi.jpg

Spring: In the Forest of the Seasons, spring is represented by Bambi. Elaborate fauna -- tall trees, meadows filled with flowers, meandering streams -- bring to life the bucolic American wilderness. Topiaries depict Bambi and his friends as they age with the seasons. One can meet Thumper, Miss Bunny and Flower here, plus Bambi himself makes appearances in an Audio-Animatronics form, a la Lucky the Dinosaur.

c52532cb23f7ab3d9eefbef5841da04d.jpg

Summer: Welcome to Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood! The area would appear as it did in the EPCOT concept: topiaries depicting Prince John’s caravan and the archery tournament, a replica of Prince John’s castle serving as a play area. In addition, you’ll find an actual archery ground, where all amateurs can try their hand with a bow and arrow, as well as meet and greets with the legendary hero, Robin Hood, as well as his accomplices -- Maid Marian, Little John and Friar Tuck -- and his nemeses -- Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

72f87981a0df0bf11f080de778737a3d.jpg

Autumn: As the leaves turn from green to a multitude of hues, we’ll find ourselves “deep in the Hundred Acre Wood” with Winnie the Pooh. Topiaries depict famous moments from Pooh’s “many adventures”, and of course, one can meet Pooh and all his friends. In addition, the Hundred Acre Wood is home to Pooh’s Playful Spot, a playground featuring slides made of wood, swings, giant honey pots to crawl through, and a small “floody place” water play area, all centered by Pooh’s humble home of Mr. Sanders.

frozen-2-poster.jpg

Winter: What better way to highlight winter than with the Snow Queen herself, Elsa? The Enchanted Forest, as seen in Frozen II, serves as the final area of the Forest of the Seasons. The trees alternate between orange foliage and lovely “ice” foliage. A giant waterfall area features the fearsome Earth Giants, thankfully asleep. Bruni can be seen scampering about, and a statue of the Nokk stands on the water’s edge. In the middle of the “ice” forest is a teacup spinner set within ice blocks. Plus, one can naturally meet Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf, always ready for photos, autographs and “warm hugs”, as well as Honeymaren, Ryder, Mattias and Yelena.

enhance

In the dead center of Bosque de las Escanciones, bridging all four areas, is the Garden of Seasons. This beautiful spot, created for the 1986 Competition by, is a bucolic oasis of gurgling streams, meandering pathways, and the quietude of nature. In the center of this beautiful garden is the Season Tree. This mystical tree somehow lives in all four seasons at once - flowers bloom on its springtime corner, the summer leaves are a lush green, autumnal foliage bursts into vibrant reds, and the wintertime branches stand bare covered in icicles. The Season Tree is Bosque de las Estaciones’ main icon and weenie, visible from every seasonal area.

Built around the thick base of the Season Tree is the Carousel of the Seasons. This storybook wood structure itself feels organic, almost like a natural outgrowth of the Season Tree, with tree trunk support beams, vines in the rafters, and leaf-like textures on the floors and ceilings. Riders aboard their fantastical carousel creatures will merrily rotate through the year’s seasons while soaking in 360 degree views of Bosque de las Estaciones.

The Carousel of the Seasons features characters from Fantasia as rideable “horses.” Shanghai Disneyland’s Fantasia Carousel is a clear inspiration, though ours boasts a wider assortment of characters - from “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice,” “The Nutcracker Suite,” “The Rite of Spring,” “The Dance of the Hours,” “The Pines of Rome,” and more. A calliope plays symphonic music as the carousel spins. Riders swiftly travel from one season to another, experiencing the annual cycles of nature several times on their joyous ride.

Tranquil waterways surround the Garden of Seasons on all sides. Guests cross over quaint cobblestone bridges to find a central hub area. There are no shops or restaurants in the Garden of Seasons, where the majesty of nature reigns supreme. Winding pathways explore the meadows, curving around the mighty roots of the Season Tree, over tiny streams and waterfalls. Enchanted by the rivers’ magic, large rocks throughout take the shape of characters from Fantasia and Fantasia 2000.

The Garden of Seasons is even more beautiful at nighttime, when everything glistens with a warm, gentle glow. The rivers sparkle with light blue bioluminescence, as though fed by a mystical underground spring. Fireflies (fiber-optic lights) blink in the hedgerows and willow thickets. The Season Tree teems with lights and projections, one season at a time, as the tree imparts its blessing throughout all of the Bosque de las Estaciones.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There were many inspirations for this realm. Apart from the aforementioned D Hulk and his Fantasia concept, I'd also like to point out that @MANEATINGWREATH's 2016 and 2017 Dream Resort threads served as the inspiration for Castello dell'Oceano's foyer, while @Pi on my Cake's Waltz Upon a Dream served as the inspiration for the Royal Ballroom. I admit, I originally placed the Ballroom within Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom, replacing the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, which would have replaced Castle Couture. But I realized that there really wasn't enough space for something like that, so I put it here.

Furthermore, in addition to the scrapped Enchanted Forest concept, Bosque de las Estaciones was inspired by the Gardens of Fantasy concept from the 1986 Competition, devised by @DashHaber, @NateD1226, @Mickeynerd17, @NigelChanning, @Pi on my Cake, @AceAstro, @pix, @b-wolf95, @Outbound, @D Hulk and @Brer Panther. I even utilized their wonderful Garden of the Seasons and its carousel. It just fit so perfectly!

Last edited:

Suchomimus

Hook’s Galley, much like its Tokyo counterpart, offers pizza, salads and soft drinks. Though an eating garden overlooking Lake Buena Vista is available, the interior features décor inspired by Peter Pan.
Would it be located on the Jolly Roger or be like Tokyo's incarnation?
Mrs. Potts’ Cupboard offers delicious ice-cream treats.
Now I haven't inquired about the menus here before but may I ask if there would be ice cream cookie sandwiches served there?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
The image won't show.
Yeah, for some reason, photographs from Google User Content don't show up after a while. I found another version of the picture and edited the post to include it.

Would it be located on the Jolly Roger or be like Tokyo's incarnation?

Now I haven't inquired about the menus here before but may I ask if there would be ice cream cookie sandwiches served there?
It would be like Tokyo's incarnation. And Fibonacci Café back in Novus Harbor would serve as the main ice cream cookie sandwich place.

And now, for the recap!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Port Disney
Novus Harbor

ATTRACTIONS
1. Biblioteca Novus
2. Explorer’s Workshop
3. Port Disney Tramp Steamer Line

DINING
1. Astronomer’s Lounge
2. Villa Scoperta
3. Fibonacci Café
4. Valentina’s Sweets

SHOPPING
1. Emporio
2. The Crow’s Nest
3. Novus Relics
4. Figaro’s Clothiers

ENTERTAINMENT
-- World of Color

Pirates’ Cove

ATTRACTIONS
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure
FP
2. The Black Pearl
3. Privateers
FP

DINING
1. Blue Lagoon Restaurant
2. Tortuga Tavern
3. Honest Marooned Pete’s

SHOPPING
1. Pieces of Eight
2. House of Treasure

ENTERTAINMENT
-- Pirates of the Caribbean: Eye of the Storm

Discovery Bay

ATTRACTIONS
1. Journey to the Center of the Earth
FP
2. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea FP
3. Island at the Top of the World FP
4. Voyage to the Lost World FP
5. Spark Gap Loop FP
6. Professor Marvel’s Gallery of Wonders
7. Fireworks Factory
8. Lucky Fortune Cookery
9. Western Balloon Ascent
10. Mystery of the Nautilus

DINING
1. Confucius Tea House
2. Café Hyperion
3. Nautilus Grand Salon
4. Harbormaster’s Grill
5. Vulcania Restaurant
6. Teddy Roosevelt Lounge
7. James Cook’s

SHOPPING
1. Francisco Tonsorial Parlour
2. K.A. Bhume’s TNT & Joke Shop

Agrabah

ATTRACTIONS
1. Arabian Nights
FP
2. The Magic Lamp Theater
3. Caravan Carousel
4. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
5. Port Disney Tramp Steamer Line

DINING
1. Bengal Barbecue
2. The Oasis

SHOPPING
1. Treasures of Scheherazade
2. Agrabah Delights
3. Queen of the Serpents

Avengers Seabase

ATTRACTIONS
1. Avengers United
FP
2. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano-Battle!
3. Hulk Speak: A Group Experiment
4. Doctor Strange in the Sanctum of Insanity
5. Spider-Man Rocks
FP
6. Avengers Academy
7. Port Disney Tramp Steamer Line

DINING
1. Pym Test Kitchen
2. Pym Tasting Lab
3. Shawarma Palace

SHOPPING
1. Hall of Armor
2. Tower Gifts
3. S.H.I.E.L.D. H.Q.

ENTERTAINMENT
-- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix LIVE!

New York Waterfront

ATTRACTIONS
1. The Case of the Gilded Lilly
FP
2. The Copieux Mansion
3. Big City Vehicles

DINING
1. New York Deli
2. Delancey Catering
3. South Seas Club
4. S.S. Housatonic Dining Room

SHOPPING
1. McDuck’s Department Store

ENTERTAINMENT
-- Big Band Beat

Kingdom by the Sea

ATTRACTIONS
1. Castello dell’Oceano
2. Fantasia
FP
3. Voyage to the Crystal Grotto
4. Casey Jr. Circus Train
5. Bosque de la Estaciones
6. Garden of Seasons
7. Carousel of the Seasons

DINING
1. Hook’s Gallery
2. Mrs. Potts’ Cupboard
3. Clopin’s Festival of Foods
4. The Orchestra Pit

SHOPPING
1. Merlin’s Magic Shoppe
2. Heraldry Shoppe
3. The Wishing Well
4. Storyteller’s Nook

ENTERTAINMENT
-- Royal Ballroom

CHARACTER GREETINGS AROUND THE PARK
-- Mickey and the Gang at Novus Harbor
-- The Members of S.E.A. at Novus Harbor
-- Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, Hector Barbossa and Tia Dalma at Pirates’ Cove
-- Jason Chandler roaming through Discovery Bay
-- Milo and Kida nearby the Hyperion
-- Mulan, Shang and Mushu at Chinatown
-- Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Abu, Jafar and the Sultan in Agrabah
-- Marvel Heroes at Avengers Seabase
-- Bernard and Bianca *** in New York Waterfront
-- Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey and Louie *** at Scrooge McDuck’s Department Store
-- Christopher Cross and Marco Fortunato throughout New York Waterfront
-- The Copieux Family at the Copieux Mansion
-- The Disney Princesses and Princes at Castello dell’Oceano
-- Bambi, Thumper, Miss Bunny and Flower in Bambi’s Forest
-- Robin Hood, Maid Marian, Little John, Friar Tuck, Prince John and the Sherriff of Nottingham in Sherwood Forest
-- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Rabbit, Owl, Kanga and Roo and Christopher Robin in the 100 Acre Wood
-- Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf, Honeymaren, Ryder, Mattias and Yelena in the Enchanted Forest

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, our trek through all five parks of Mirror Walt Disney World is complete! But don't think that's the end, my friends. There's still so much of Mirror Walt Disney World to explore! But, those sojourns will be slightly delayed. As stated before, the next post is going to be a post offering a detour from Mirror WDW. Prepare yourself because in a few days, I'll give you all a taste of Mirror Universal Orlando Resort!

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
While you do Mirror Universal Orlando Resort here is my project for Batman dark ride for DC Comics themed area.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
So Mrs. Pott's would serve the same stuff that it did before it was rethemed?
That is correct!

And now, let us briefly pause our trip through Mirror Walt Disney World to visit its competition...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mirror Universal Orlando Resort
A Detour from Mirror Walt Disney World

IUN_Promo72.jpg

A few weeks ago, @MANEATINGWREATH started his final version of Mirror Disneyland, his grand farewell to the Imagineering forums after a decade. Although Mirror Disneyland Park and WestCOT are set to return, they are joined by a very interesting third gate concept: Disney-Universal Studios. I would just like to point something out about Mirror Walt Disney World: This resort takes place in the same universe as Mirror Disneyland 2.0, the 2020 iteration of the Mirror Disneyland project, in order to preserve Disney’s Hollywoodland as its own park. In the introductory Disney-Universal Studios post, MEW claimed that “By contractual agreement, MCA-Universal would not be allowed to build another Universal Studios theme park until 2000, and likewise, Disney would be unable to build another Studios-themed park of their own until 2000.” This goes against my Mirror WDW, where both Disney-MGM Studios and Universal Studios Florida open as they do in our real-life universe.

However, I would like to take this moment to announce that, starting tomorrow, I plan to do a separate thread describing the alterations Mirror WDW would get due to MDL 3.0. Let’s call it: Mirror Walt Disney World-A. For the most part, it would be quite similar to Mirror Walt Disney World, especially in the cases of EPCOT and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but Magic Kingdom and Port Disney would both receive huge changes to account for the loss of Disney’s Hollywoodland.

And in a similar vein, the idea of Disney and Universal collaborating together on a park was one of the aspects that really piqued my interest. As such, I was reminded of all the times I discussed a hypothetical Mirror Universal Orlando, so I figured, now that we’ve explored all the parks of Mirror Walt Disney World, let us take a slight detour to explore Mirror Universal Orlando.

Opening on June 7, 1990, (Mirror) Universal Orlando Resort promised to deliver a new age in theme park history. Following in the footsteps of the legendary Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Orlando was focused much more on the theme park aspect than the studio aspect. After all, they built the place in Orlando to compete with Walt Disney World, who retaliated to their opening by opening their own theme park about movies.

Originally opening with just Universal Studios Florida, the resort expanded over the years. 1999 saw the opening of a second park, Universal’s Islands of Adventure; the opening of CityWalk, Universal’s own entertainment district; as well as the resort’s first hotel: the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. They even officially welcomed the popular water park, Wet ‘n’ Wild, into the Universal Orlando family. Throughout the millennium, however, the future non-park additions to the resort were mainly hotels -- the Hard Rock Hotel, the Loews Royal Pacific Hotel, the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal’s Cabana Bay Resort and Universal’s Aventura Resort. However, in 2017, Universal saw the opening of their second water park: Volcano Bay (not to be confused with our beloved forum mascot, Volcano Bat), an entirely new type of water park.

Universal Studios Florida

Universal_Studios_Universal_Orlando_Resort.jpg

Every day at Universal Studios Florida begins in Production Central. Stepping past the iconic globe and through the iconic gate, you’ll find yourself in a new world of action and adventure. Production Central is home to two exciting adventures. Alfred Hitchcock: The Art of Making Movies lets guests receive a peek behind the curtain as they re-enact some of the most famous moments from Hitchock’s films; while the Special Effects Show, direct from Universal Studios Hollywood, discusses how the Hollywood wizards perform some of their most unique effects -- from motion-capture, to fake fighting, and even how they set someone on fire!

Moving on, the next area of the park is New York. Now, the biggest attraction here is Kongfrontation, an Opening Day masterpiece where guests are brought before the Eight Wonder of the World himself, brought to life in stunning animatronic form! If facing down a giant gorilla isn’t your cup of tea, maybe you might want to join the Ghostbusters as they save the city from the supernatural! In Ghostbusters: Battle for New York, which replaced the Murder, She Wrote Mystery Theater in 1999, guests can join the Ghostbusters as they ride through NYC equipped with their own proton guns, ready to fire at any pesky ghost!*

*This is the Mirror equivalent to Men in Black: Alien Attack.

Blending in beautifully with the New York skyline is one of the park’s newest additions, The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash! The hit new attraction from USH has finally come to Florida, allowing one and all to join the gang from the hit Illumination film as they try to help some new pets -- namely, us -- try to get adopted. The arrival of Secret Life of Pets was only inevitable, given what was opening right next door. Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem** takes us from the streets of New York and into Gru’s bizarre abode, where he intends to turn us all into Minions! However, the training process is sent haywire once a present Agnes made for Gru for the girls’ adoption anniversary is caught in the crossfire! Can we new Minions get the present to Gru?

**This stands where the outdoor theater is in our real Universal.

San Francisco is our next stop, home of Earthquake: The Big One! One of the most famous stops on the Hollywood tram tour has been faithfully recreated here, allowing us to feel the power of a California earthquake. But if thrills are what you seek, look no further than what lies next door. Suddenly, we find ourselves on Amity Island, home of one of Universal’s most iconic horror movie figures: Bruce, or as many erroneously call him, “Jaws.” We’re gonna need a bigger boat...

_117622864_mediaitem117622863.jpg

One of the most exciting new additions to Universal Orlando Resort is Super Nintendo World***, which opened here in 2022. Entering the land via a warp pipe, we find ourselves in the realm of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser and all our favorite Nintendo pals. The big attraction here is at Bowser’s castle, and it’s none other than Mario Kart: Koopa’s Challenge! Utilizing revolutionary virtual-reality technology, we can feel as if we’re riding down the track with Mario and the gang, going over many iconic Mario Kart roads. Just watch out for those blue shells! Other attractions here include Yoshi Adventure, a ride through the area on the back of everyone’s favorite dinosaur, and Donkey Kong Country, a roller-coaster inspired the popular game’s mine levels!

***This is where the Fear Factor stage and Men in Black are in the real Universal.

The next land is Hollywood. An off-shoot of Production Central, Hollywood offers us a chance to get involved in the action. We can meet the greats like Marilyn Monroe, Charlie Chaplin and Lucille Ball on the streets. We can check out Universal’s Horror Make-Up Show and get a look at how humans are turned into monsters and aliens. We can take in The Bourne Stuntacular, a high-octante stunt show inspired by Universal’s hit action series. And not only that, three World Expo classics have been folded into this land -- Back to the Future: The Ride, E.T. Adventure and Universal’s Animal Actors have all had their addresses changed to reflect the fact that they are now part of Hollywood!

What caused this? Well, it’s all thanks to what opened here in 2003: Nickelodeon Blast Zone!

31586415.UniversalWebIMG_2831copy.psd.jpg

Nickelodeon and Universal have had a strong partnership ever since the park opened back in 1990, and although their studios were no more, Nickelodeon was still willing to be part of the Universal experience. There are various experiences to be found here, the big E-ticket here being SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Tour, a boat ride taking guests past the familiar Bikini Bottom locales -- the Krusty Krab, Jellyfish Fields, even a trip down to Rock Bottom! Other attractions here include the Rugrats Adventure Playground, a playground where you can let your imagination run wild; Blue’s Skidoo, basically Dumbo but with Blue and Magenta; Fairly Odd Spinner, a teacup ride themed around Cosmo and Wanda; as well as Avatar: The Legend of Aang, a martial arts stunt show inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender. All these experiences are centered around the Nick-O-Sel, a double-decker carousel featuring Nickelodeon characters, and much like the Sword in the Stone at Disneyland, the Nick-O-Sel features the famous Slime Fountain sitting at the front of it, moved over here from the other side of the park.

Universal’s Islands of Adventure

7944.jpg

With Walt Disney World and its three parks a few miles down the road, it didn’t take long for Universal to start planning a second gate. The park was originally called “Universal’s Cartoon World”, and it was to be built in the hub-and-spoke style of Disneyland. However, it was soon decided that if they were going to compete with Disney, they needed to reinvent the wheel. So, the hub-and-spoke design was tossed in favor of a World Showcase-esque situation, with all the lands set up around a central lagoon. Thus was born Universal’s Islands of Adventure, which opened on May 28, 1999.

Gotham-Island.jpg

From the exotic Port of Entry, the paths lead toward six other lands. Going counter-clockwise, we begin at DC Superhero Island, an area themed around two of the world’s most beloved superheroes: Superman and Batman. Yes, Metropolis and Gotham City are both represented here, and both areas contain unique attractions. Metropolis is home to The Daring Adventures of Superman, an attraction combining a dark ride, a simulator and a 3D movie. Here, we take on the role of Daily Planet correspondents who get caught up in an epic battle between Superman and Lex Luthor.

Gotham is home to two epic coasters: Joker’s Madhouse, a disorienting wild-mouse coaster inspired by Batman’s most famous adversary, and Batwing: Batman v. the Penguin, a dueling roller-coaster that pits guests against each other. But that’s not all -- Gotham is also home to The Batman and Robin Action Adventure Spectacular, an epic lagoon-set stunt show.

looney-bigger.jpg

Next, we come across Looney Tunes Lagoon, where guests can come face-to-face with some of the craziest cartoons in the world! Here, guests can join Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird, Sylvester, Elmer Fudd, Taz, Porky Pig, and the whole Looney Tunes gang in a world of anarchic mayhem. Major attractions here include Coyote Canyon, a roller-coaster through the desert alongside Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner, Duck Dodgers Space Adventure, basically what would happen if the Looney Tunes took over Space Mountain, and The World According to Bugs, a boat ride taking guests past some of Bugs’ most famous moments. You can even visit Acme Looniversity -- the place where the Tiny Toons go to learn their craft -- where Bugs is offering a lesson in animation, or take to the skies on the Sylvester and Tweety Skyway Ride.

Dense forests lead out of Looney Tunes Lagoon and into Jurassic Park. The story behind this land is that this takes place in a world where John Hammond’s dream did come true; where his park opened without a hiccup. At last, we can explore Jurassic Park for ourselves and take in the wonder of dinosaurs. The Jurassic Park Discovery Center offers exhibits based on dinosaurs, complete with Mr. DNA show and a visit to the hatchery. Camp Jurassic offers all junior paleontologists the chance to blow off some steam. And of course, the piece de resistance is the Jurassic Park River Adventure, a thrilling boat excursion gone off the rails. Can you escape before you become the victim of Velociraptors … or worse, the Tyrannosaurus rex?

180525115728-10-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter---orlando---hogwarts.jpg

In the farthest-right corner of the park is the park’s shining jewel: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. This land, which opened in July of 2010, allows one and all the chance to finally step into Hogsmeade and become a wizard. Hogsmeade is packed to the brim with details and Easter eggs, and many familiar locations are replicated here. The Hogwarts Express is docked to our right, right as we enter Hogsmeade. We can dine at The Three Broomsticks, shop at Zonko’s and Honeydukes, and even send mail at the Owl Post. But as all wizards know, Ollivander’s is a place you can’t miss, for it is here where you can get your very own wand!

Beyond Hogsmeade is, of course, the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Surrounding the mighty castle are two coasters -- the child-friendly Flight of the Hippogriff and the decidedly more thrilling Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. But within Hogwarts is Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, a thrilling KUKA-arm experience where we can fly along with Harry, Ron and Hermione as a tour through Hogwarts gets waylaid by runaway dragons, Whomping Willows and even a trip into the Chamber of Secrets!

universal-classic-monsters01-690x460.jpg

One of the original areas of Islands of Adventure was The Lost Continent, focused on mythology. However, the arrival of Hogsmeade brought the area to its last legs. Finally, in 2022, the Lost Continent closed entirely, and 2024 saw the arrival of the newest locale at Universal’s Islands of Adventure: Monster Marsh. Here, the world of Universal’s Classics Monsters comes to terrifying new life. Like Hogsmeade, Monster Marsh is set around a European village -- however, this one is far more dreary. Dominating over the village is Castle Frankenstein, home to Midnight Madness, a frightening, G3 RoboCoaster experience giving us a frightening encounter with all of the monsters -- Frankenstein, his Bride, Dracula, the Wolfman, the Invisble Man and the Mummy. Other attractions here include the Black Lagoon Excursion, an outdoor boat ride through the lair of the Gill-man, and The Phantom of the Opera, an original, musical stage show inspired by the Lon Chaney classic.

Finally, we have Seuss Landing, the park’s kiddie zone inspired by one of the most famous children’s authors of all time. The Caro-Seuss-el puts us aboard the backs of Seussian creatures, while One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish tries to get guests soaked as they soar through the skies. Dining here, naturally, includes Green Eggs & Ham, while Circus McGurkus offers all sorts of delicious, Seussian foods. The story of The Cat in the Hat is brought to life in dark-ride form, while the Jungle of Nool offers a Jungle Cruise-esque ride through the story of Horton Hears a Who!****.

**** This was an idea from Ideal Buildout and their 2019 Islands of Adventure layout, so credit to them!

Of course, come Christmastime, the land becomes the domain of the Grinch and the Whos. A live re-telling of How the Grinch Stole Christmas! is often held within the center of the land.

CityWalk

cw_tcm37-61797.jpg

CityWalk is meant to be Universal’s equivalent to Downtown Disney, with all sorts of unique dining, shopping and entertainment offerings. This also serves as the main entrance to the resort, as you have to pass through CityWalk to reach Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure.

Dining at CityWalk

• Hard Rock Café: Inspired by the storied history of rock ‘n’ roll, the Hard Rock Cafe offers casual Americana food. This location is also home of Hard Rock Live, where musicians often come by to perform on their tours.
  • Toothsome Chocolate Emporium: What would happen if Willy Wonka went Steampunk? It’d probably be something like this unique restaurant, owned and operated by Professor Doctor Penelope Tibeaux-Tinker Toothsome. With a menu to make the Cheesecake Factory blush and enough sweet stuff to satisfy that tooth, the Toothsome has quickly become one of Universal’s signature restaurants!
  • Jimmy Buffett’s Maragaritaville: The legendary singer has opened his own restaurant here, offering tropical favorites to the accompaniment of live music. You can also dine at the Lone Palm Airport, right nearby Jimmy Buffett’s seaplane!
  • Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: The location made famous by the 1994 classic Forrest Gump offers shrimp, naturally, as well as Southern and Cajun cuisine.
  • Bob Marley -- A Tribute to Freedom: In tribute to the legendary reggae musician, live music is heard as guests dine on favorites from the sunny shores of the Caribbean.
  • Vivo Italian Kitchen: Authentic Italian meals.
  • Pat O’Brien’s: An exact replica of the famous New Orleans hotspot.
  • NBC Sports Grill & Brew: Enjoy the latest games amid traditional pub fare.
  • Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food
  • Bigfire
  • Burger King Whopper Bar
  • The Cowfish
  • Moe’s Southwest Grill
  • Red Oven Pizza Bakery
  • Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
  • Bread Box
  • Cinnabon
  • Cold Stone Creamery
  • Dippin’ Dots
  • Fat Tuesday
  • Fresh Eats
  • Fusion Bistro Sake & Sushi Bar
  • Hot Dog Hall of Fame
  • Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt
  • Panda Express
  • Starbucks
  • Voodoo Doughnut
Shopping at CityWalk
  • Universal Legacy Store: Grab goods inspired by the Universal Orlando Resort in this incredibly-detailed shop, featuring props from old, long-closed Universal favorites.
  • Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company
  • Quiet Flight Surf Shop
  • Universal Studios Store
Entertainment at CityWalk
  • Universal Cinemark: Serving the same purpose to Universal what AMC does to Disney, catch the latest flicks in this modern movie theater!
  • Rising Star: A karaoke club with a twist: a live band accompanying the singers!
  • Hollywood Drive-In Golf: A miniature golf course themed around schlocky monster movies.
  • Red Coconut Club: A tropical-themed nightclub.
  • the groove: A modern nightclub with three lounges.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And that is that. I hope you guys have enjoyed our brief detour from Mirror Walt Disney World. And yes, I admit it was quite a bit of fun to see how I would apply the "Mirror" format to Universal Orlando Resort.

Mirror Walt Disney World-A is going to drop tomorrow, and will work at a post-a-week rate, 20 weeks in all, with the final post going up on October 1, the day WDW officially turns 50. After I post the first MWDWA post, I'm going to take the weekend off, so on the 10th, we'll embark on the next leg of our tour of Mirror Walt Disney World: namely, a visit to Disney Springs!

EDIT: I made a miscalculation. 20 weeks until October 1st, 2021, won't come until May 14th. Therefore, the first MWDWA post will come out then.

Last edited:

Suchomimus

_117622864_mediaitem117622863.jpg

One of the most exciting new additions to Universal Orlando Resort is Super Nintendo World***, which opened here in 2022. Entering the land via a warp pipe, we find ourselves in the realm of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser and all our favorite Nintendo pals. The big attraction here is at Bowser’s castle, and it’s none other than Mario Kart: Koopa’s Challenge! Utilizing revolutionary virtual-reality technology, we can feel as if we’re riding down the track with Mario and the gang, going over many iconic Mario Kart roads. Just watch out for those blue shells! Other attractions here include Yoshi Adventure, a ride through the area on the back of everyone’s favorite dinosaur, and Donkey Kong Country, a roller-coaster inspired the popular game’s mine levels!
universal-classic-monsters01-690x460.jpg
One of the original areas of Islands of Adventure was The Lost Continent, focused on mythology. However, the arrival of Hogsmeade brought the area to its last legs. Finally, in 2022, the Lost Continent closed entirely, and 2024 saw the arrival of the newest locale at Universal’s Islands of Adventure: Monster Marsh. Here, the world of Universal’s Classics Monsters comes to terrifying new life. Like Hogsmeade, Monster Marsh is set around a European village -- however, this one is far more dreary. Dominating over the village is Castle Frankenstein, home to Midnight Madness, a frightening, G3 RoboCoaster experience giving us a frightening encounter with all of the monsters -- Frankenstein, his Bride, Dracula, the Wolfman, the Invisble Man and the Mummy. Other attractions here include the Black Lagoon Excursion, an outdoor boat ride through the lair of the Gill-man, and The Phantom of the Opera, an original, musical stage show inspired by the Lon Chaney classic.
It really is unfortunate that you decided to retcon Epic Universe here. A new theme park means more space for new ideas to flourish.
the groove: A modern nightclub with three lounges.
Is that why the name is in all lowercase?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
It really is unfortunate that you decided to retcon Epic Universe here. A new theme park means more space for new ideas to flourish.

Is that why the name is in all lowercase?
Epic Universe is kind of a mixed bag for me. Like many people, I feel that the space being quite far away from the rest of the resort is quite the detriment. One thing I really like about the current Universal is how close everything is to each other. I wanted to keep that for Mirror Universal, hence why I brought Super Nintendo World and Monster Marsh in as a consolation. Maybe I could conceivably replace Nickelodeon Blast Zone with the How to Train Your Dragon area.

I have no clue why "the groove" is all lowercase...although the "because it's modern" reason does have some bearing.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Oh sorry, I thought the grove was your own creation. I never saw it on my vacations at Uni.
Yes, my knowledge of Universal is limited to just the parks and certain aspects of CityWalk. The club scene of CityWalk is not one of those things I'm well-versed in. I admit, I've never seen it before, either.

Now, let us continue our tour of Mirror Walt Disney World. We are just about to enter our first non-theme park location....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Of course, there’s a whole lot more to do at Walt Disney World than just the theme parks. The resort is home to a wide array of other experiences. From splishing and splashing in the waves of three water parks, a host of recreational activities, and special events that occur at certain times throughout the year, there truly is a lot more to the World than you might think. In fact, let’s take a look at one of the first major non-park additions to the resort...

Disney Springs

dsodso938777.jpg

Following the success Walt Disney World was having with the tourists, a full-blown shopping mall was developed for the resort. The Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village opened on March 22, 1975. Over the years, the complex gradually expanded with all sorts of new restaurants and shops, and furthermore, the complex has had its name changed many times. Two years after it opened, the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village became the Walt Disney World Village and in 1989, it became the Disney Village Marketplace.

Then, in 1989, Pleasure Island opened next door to the Disney Village Marketplace, offering a more “adult” entertainment option, with clubs, bars and dancing. Heck, they advertised it as a New Year’s Eve celebration every night! Ah, but that was just the beginning. As the ‘90s came to an end and the new millennium approached, Disney announced that the Disney Village Marketplace and Pleasure Island would combine to make Downtown Disney. Furthermore, a new district would open to complement the existing two -- the West Side, featuring more modern entertainment options, like the DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park and a residency from avant-garde production company Cirque du Soleil.

As time went on, and different shops, dining and entertainment came and went, Downtown Disney started to suffer an identity crisis. The ‘90s motifs were becoming more and more outdated with every year. The Imagineers knew they could do better. Even if it was an elaborate entertainment complex, they could still give it a greater sense of theming, on par with that of the four theme parks. Hence, on March 14, 2013, Tom Staggs announced that Downtown Disney would become Disney Springs, a full-blown “community”, officially being rebranded as such on September 29, 2015.

Disney_Springs_%2827832916856%29.jpg

As the story goes, in 1850, a cattle rancher named Martin Sinclair, and his wife, Clara Sinclair, discovered a beautiful, natural spring running through the ground. Back in ye olden days, a water supply meant only one thing: the land surrounding it was suitable for humans to live on. Thus, the humble settlement of Springs, Florida was born. The tiny town soon prospered, and many merchants and businessmen were eager to set up roots there.

SocietyPortrait.png

One day, in 1911, renowned explorer and proud member of S.E.A., Merriweather Adam Pleasure, came to the thriving community. You see, two years prior, he was exploring Mexico and whilst on the expedition, he experienced a vision of a moon-faced deity known as the “Funmeister.” He had heard that someone in Springs had discovered a mystical coin with the Funmeister’s exact likeness on it, and thus, he decided to investigate further. Martin III was quite honored to have the famous explorer visit his family’s humble community, and thus, he named the town’s landing “Pleasure Landing.”

Before long, Merriweather and his whole family -- wife Isabella, sons Henry and Stewart, and daughters Merriam and Mary Sue (all four children being born on the Fourth of July, might I add) -- settled down permanently in Springs, living aboard a converted old riverboat. In 1921, Pleasure set up the Adventurers Club to serve as a collection of all his archaeological finds, which also served as his own personal chapter of S.E.A. It quickly became a haven for all adventurers, all eager to tell of their own marvelous journeys. Alas, after hearing all these wonderful tales, the call to adventure proved to be too great for Merriweather to handle. Thus, in 1941, he and daughter Merriam left Pleasure Landing to explore the Antarctic. Sadly, they never returned home. Martin III and his wife, Claire, were incredibly saddened to hear of the loss of their friend, and set up a gold statue of him in front of his Adventurers Club. Alongside Merriweather’s family, the Sinclairs worked to make sure the Adventurers Club would thrive, ensuring Merriweather’s legacy would live on forever.

Disney-Springs-Water-Tower-Disney-Springs-General.jpg

As time wore on, and the Sinclair family tree extended, the town only grew further and further from there. In 1930, a Village Marketplace was set up so that all merchants and restaurateurs could offer their wares to the world. In 1950, 100 years had passed since the discovery of the springs. To celebrate, the Springs Grand Centennial Expo was put on. At that time, the West Side of town was built, serving as an expo space for the celebration. Much like the World’s Fairs of yore, the West Side played host to the Expo’s “icons”: a hot-air balloon and a circus. The Sinclairs’ Glowing Oak Restaurant -- which was, at this point, run by Martin IV -- served as the major place to go for refreshments. To this day, Martin I’s great-great-great-grandson, Martin VI, keeps the family ranch going, offering some of the finest burgers this side of the Mississippi.

There are five distinct areas of Disney Springs...

Town Center

town-center-view.jpg

The Town Center is our entrance point into Disney Springs. This is the central business district of Springs, where many famous outlets have set up shop. The major influence here in the buildings is that of the Spanish Revival of the 1920s.

Dining

• D-Luxe Burger: Formerly known as the Glowing Oak Restaurant. The Sinclairs’ old ranch is open to all patrons. It was Martin VI who changed the name from “Glowing Oak” to “D-Luxe Burger”, and once you bite into one, you’ll know why he made it so. These burgers are deluxe gourmet burgers, made with signature beef. Of course, chicken and veggie burgers are also available, in addition to hand-cut fries and mouth-watering milkshakes.
  • Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza: Taking up the space of the town’s old lumber mill, Blaze is basically Subway for pizza. Create your own pizza, and watch as it gets completely cooked in just 90 seconds flat! Pre-prepared pizza, salads, and desserts are also on-hand.
  • The Polite Pig: The old farmer’s market has turned into a BBQ-lover’s haven, offering wood-fired and smoked takes on classic BBQ fare. And even better -- all the drinks are on tap!
  • Amorette’s Patisserie: A small pastry shop specializing in cakes.
  • Frontera Cocina: Operated by celebrity chef Rick Bayless, who specializes in Mexican cuisine, Frontera Cocina offers an upscale take on some of Mexico’s most famous delicacies. Although this is a table-service restaurant, a Grab ‘n’ Go option is also available.
  • Homecomin’: Operated by Florida-born chef Art Smith, this cozy spot offers classic Southern comfort food.
  • Sprinkles: Satiate your sweet tooth here, with all sorts of cupcakes, cookies and ice cream.
Shopping
  • Alex and Ani: Environmentally-friendly jewelry.
  • American Threads: Los Angeles-inspired women’s clothing.
  • Anthropologie: Fashion and home décor.
  • Coach: Legendary leather-inspired goods.
  • Columbia Sportswear: Clothes and footwear needed for outdoor activity.
  • Edward Biener: Offering the finest specimens of glasses.
  • Everything But Water: Women’s swimwear and other beach-related necessities.
  • Fit2Run: Running shoes and athletic wear.
  • francesca’s: Women’s clothing, shoes and jewelry.
  • Free People: Women’s clothing in a boho-chic environment.
  • Harley-Davidson: Anything that’s everything for the biker.
  • Johnny Was: Bohemian-inspired clothing and gifts.
  • Johnston & Murphy: A very famous shoe store, famous for providing the footwear of many U.S. presidents.
  • kate spade new york: Women’s clothing.
  • Kiehl’s: Men’s hair care products.
  • Kipling: Signature bags and luggage.
  • Lacoste: Clothing.
  • Levi’s: Denim clothing.
  • Lilly Pullitzer: A clothing store with roots in Palm Beach.
  • L’Occitane en Provence: Skincare and bath products.
  • Lululemon: Athletic gear.
  • Luxury of Time by Diamonds International: Jewelry and designer watches.
  • MAC Cosmetics: Beauty essentials.
  • Melissa Shoes: Fashionable footwear.
  • Na Hoku: A Hawaii-based jewelry store.
  • Origins: All-natural healthcare products.
  • Pandora: High-quality jewelry.
  • Ron Jon Surf Shop: One of the world’s most famous beach shops.
  • Sephora: Cosmetics.
  • Shore: Tropical inspired swimwear.
  • Sperry: Nautical-inspired footwear.
  • Stance: A store specializing in unique socks.
  • Sugarboo & Co.: A gift shop that runs on positivity.
  • Superdry: A British import selling unique clothing.
  • Tommy Bahama: Island-inspired apparel.
  • TUMI: Offering wares themed around travel and business.
  • UGG: A shop famous for their footwear.
  • Under Armour: Athletic wear.
  • UNIQLO: A Japanese brand offering innovative clothing.
  • UNOde50: A Spanish-based jewelry store.
  • Vera Bradley: Trendy bags and accessories.
  • Volcom: An adventurous clothing brand.
  • ZARA: Cutting-edge clothing.
Entertainment
  • There are various forms of entertainment to be found around the Town Center. Roaming performers can be found around the place, in addition to live musicians, including live music at Homecomin’, a magician performing near the border of Town Center and the Village Marketplace, as well as Living Statues, performance artists who take the guise of statues...and who come alive at the most unexpected moment!
Pleasure Landing

DS6diPnUMAAIdfw.jpg

Named for the late, great Merriweather Pleasure, Pleasure Landing is a combination of the community’s transportation hub, and something of a lively dockside entertainment area. The fun-loving atmosphere Pleasure exuded continues to thrive here, in this area combining fun for everyone, nautical influence, and tastes from all over the world.

Entertainment

• Adventurers Club: Join some of the more, shall we say, eccentric members of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers in the hallowed halls of Merriweather Pleasure’s personal retreat.
  • Comedy Warehouse: Held within the old railroad station, which has since turned into an old warehouse, the Comedy Warehouse is an improv comedy club, where every night, a troupe of improv actors perform. (Needless to say, STK Orlando, which replaced the Comedy Warehouse, does not open here.)
  • Amphicars: Found along the marina nearby The BOATHOUSE, these unique cars can drive on land and float on the waters of Village Lake. In fact, it’s only here at Disney Springs where you can find these cars!
  • Live Music accompanying your meal at The BOATHOUSE, and at Waterview Park.
Dining
  • The Empress Lilly: Formerly the home of the late Merriweather Adam Pleasure, this elaborate restaurant features different appetizers and entrees, depending on what part of the boat you’re on. There are four distinct areas on the Empress Lilly.
    • Fisherman’s Deck: This is located on the boat’s Promenade Deck, with large windows overlooking Village Lake. Naturally, seafood is the main event here.
    • Steerman’s Quarters: Directly facing the boat’s paddlewheel, this room is only open twice: for dinner (where Angus beef entrees are the name of the game), and for “Breakfast a la Disney”. Famous for being Walt Disney World’s very first character meal option, here, you can enjoy a hearty meal alongside Mickey, Minnie and their Disney friends.
    • Empress Room: The most elaborate part of the ship, mahogany paneling, gold-trimmed wallpaper and Maria Teresa chandeliers make up the Empress Room, also found on the Promenade Deck. Here, we can enjoy four-star cuisine to the sweet strains of a harpist.
    • Baton Rouge Lounge: On the Main Deck is the most raucous room on the ship. An elaborate Art-Nouveau lounge offers a full bar and the musical strains of the Riverboat Rascals, an authentic jazz band.
  • The Edison: Inspired by a 1920s power plant, palm readers and contortionists delight guests as they partake in some American craft and spirited cocktails. Steampunk attire is not required, but it is appreciated. (In order to keep Adventurers Club in its original location, The Edison opens where Paradiso 37 is today.)
  • The BOATHOUSE: Located next to the Empress Lilly, this upscale waterside restaurant offers the finest steaks, chops and seafood in all of Springs.
  • Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar: Owned and operated by one of Indiana Jones’ closest confidantes, this bar offers signature cocktails and small plates.
  • Raglan Road: The Emerald Isle comes to Florida in this authentic Irish pub. Live musicians and dancers offer accompaniment to a hearty meal. Raglan Road shares real estate with Cookes of Dublin, offering quick-service Irish cuisine.
  • Enzo’s Hideaway: A Roman-inspired speakeasy.
  • Erin McKenna’s Bakery: A bakery specializing in gluten-free and vegan goodies.
  • Gideon’s Bakehouse: A local Orlando bakery. In fact, its location here at Disney Springs is the business’ first-ever stand-alone location!
  • Joffrey’s: Come try a brew from Walt Disney World’s Official Specialty Coffee provider.
  • Maria & Enzo’s: Southern Italian cuisine is the name of the game here. Enjoy some delicious food in this beautiful eatery, with 50-foot-high ceilings and dramatic views of Lake Sinclair, the lake that borders Disney Springs. Maria & Enzo’s also shares real estate with Pizza Ponte, a quick-service restaurant offering pizza by the slice.
  • Morimoto Asia: Owned by Masaharu Morimoto, best known as one of the Iron Chefs, this restaurant offers Asian cuisine from all across the continent. A quick-service option for Morimoto -- Morimoto Street Food -- is also open.
  • Terralina Crafted Italian: Formerly known as the Portobello Yacht Club, this Italian joint offers fresh pizzas, pasta and antipasto.
  • Vivoli Il Gelato: Paninis, gelato and espresso.
  • Wine Bar George: An elaborate wine bar. The Basket offers quick-service options, like picnic baskets.
Shopping
  • APEX by Sunglass Hut: High-class sunglasses.
  • The Art of Shaving: Men’s grooming supplies.
  • The BOATHOUSE BOATIQUE: Nautical-inspired goods.
  • Chapel Hats: Hats of all styles and variants.
  • eyCatchers: Outdoor decorations.
  • The Ganachery: Formerly the town’s apothecary, the focus shifted to chocolate when a South American couple moved to Springs and turned their love for cocoa beans into a shop.
  • Happy Hound: A kiosk offering anything for your dog.
  • Havaianas: A Brazilian brand offering flip-flops and beach accessories.
  • Lovepop: Unique greeting cards, including 3D cards!
  • Oakley: Clothing and athletic gear.
  • Royally Yours by the Arribas Brothers: A kiosk featuring jewelry inspired by the Disney Princesses.
  • Sanuk: A unique footwear brand.
  • Savannah Bee Company: Honey and body care.
  • Shop for Ireland: Built into Raglan Road, this shop offers wares inspired by the Emerald Isle.
Village Marketplace

f7e9801198931c9b98118de984b9c758.jpg

The American Craftsman style is prevalent here in the Village Marketplace. Established in the 1930s, this wide assortment of shops and restaurants represents some of the more prominent businesses who have come to call in this thriving Florida community.

Dining

• Rainforest Café: A giant volcano marks the entrance to the Rainforest Café, the legendary restaurant utilizing Audio-Animatronics and unique greenery to simulate the feeling of being in the rainforest. There’s even a “thunderstorm” that occurs every 22 minutes! There are also living animals in the form of fish, who live in a giant saltwater tank. On the menu are salads, sandwiches, steak, seafood and pasta, in addition to many unique desserts -- including the legendary Volcano cake! This particular location (there is another one at Disney’s Animal Kingdom) is also home to the Lava Lounge, a full bar.
  • Earl of Sandwich: The famous sandwich shop has made its way to Springs. Their famous “hot sandwiches” are the biggest draw, but salads, wraps, and a wide array of desserts are also quite pleasing.
  • Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop: If you want some of the finest ice cream treats in all of Walt Disney World, drop by here. Sundaes, shakes, floats and malts are all on the menu here, in addition to that famous Ghirardelli chocolate.
  • McDonald’s: Of course, one of the most famous restaurants in the world had to have a location at Springs. As part of the Disney Springs transformation, McDonald’s opened a new location along the banks of the springs (where T-REX stands today). In a style similar to its old location, an elaborate carpentry style, marked by a clock tower, blends in with the artisan stylings of the Village Marketplace. Inside, artistic depictions of the McDonaldland gang -- Ronald, Sundae, Grimace, Hamburglar, Birdie, and all the rest -- can be found along the walls. In addition, a new eating garden was built, allowing guests to eat with a great view of the springs. The eating garden involves a few tables with umbrellas to protect guests from the elements, as well as hidden fans and misters to alleviate the heat. Of course, all the classics are on the menu -- from Filet-O-Fish and Chicken McNuggets, to French fries and McFlurries, all the way up to the classic Big Mac. Another McDonald’s on Walt Disney World property can be found along Osceola Parkway, on the road leading towards Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
  • Jamba Juice: Built along the water’s edge, this is the place to go if a smoothie is what you’re seeking!
  • Wolfgang Puck Express: The quick-service equivalent to the Wolfgang Puck Café over at the West Side.
  • AristoCrepes: A humble snack stand offering sweet and savory crepes.
  • B.B. Wolf’s Sausage Co.: Artisan sausages.
  • The Daily Poutine: A snack stand offering upscale takes on a Canadian delicacy.
  • Dockside Margaritas
  • Joffrey’s
  • Starbucks
  • Wetzel’s Pretzels
Shopping
  • World of Disney: The largest Disney store in the world, World of Disney offers every kind of Disney merchandise you can think of. Elaborate murals and giant character sculptures depict the various Disney characters, while a giant screen in the center of the store plays classic Disney clips.
  • Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique: Here in this enchanted salon, children can be transformed into their favorite Disney characters.
  • LEGO Imagination Center: Marked by a giant LEGO sea serpent and various LEGO depictions of classic Disney scenes, the LEGO Imagination Center offers all sorts of the popular building toys. Minifigures, elaborate kits, and even LEGO-inspired clothing are on sale here.
  • Once Upon a Toy: Seemingly constructed of Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys, this place is every kid’s dream come true. Toys, games and DVDs are on sale, in addition to a Star Wars Droid Factory and a Build-Your-Own Potato Head station. There’s also an elaborate display featuring the resort’s famous Monorail Playset. A toy Monorail glides past various toys depicting the various landmarks of Walt Disney World.
  • Build-a-Bear Workshop: Fittingly located right next door to Once Upon a Toy, this place is where guests can create their very own teddy bears and other stuffed animals.
  • The Art of Disney: An elaborate display of art and animation, with all sorts of unique goodies on display -- cels, lithographs, sculptures, paintings, figurines. Interviews with prominent animators and demonstrations of animation are often held here.
  • Disney’s Days of Christmas: A jolly store offering holiday merchandise year-round. Be sure to look out for displays all around the store, both inside and out, centering around a Disney take on the famous carol.
  • Pearl Factory: Retrieve a pearl from within an oyster and turn it into a most memorable souvenir.
  • Rainforest Café Retail Village: Merchandise -- toys, clothing, snow globes and other home decor -- inspired by the famous restaurant.
  • 2R’s Reading and Riting: An upscale bookstore.
  • Arribas Brothers: Offering crystal goods, with craftsmen offering live demonstrations.
  • Disney’s Pin Traders: An open-air kiosk for pin-lovers everywhere.
  • Goofy’s Candy Co.: An elaborate candy store, with all sorts of confectionery on sale. It’s also quite the popular place to have a birthday party!
  • Lefty’s: A kiosk offering everything for left-handed people.
  • Marketplace Co-Op: A vast array of goods, from clothing to candles to the latest tech.
  • Pooh Corner: A shop devoted to that “silly old bear”.
  • Star Wars Trading Post: Merchandise from that galaxy far, far away.
  • The Spice and Tea Exchange: For tea enthusiasts, this shop offers all sorts of teas, spices, sugars, mugs, graters, and all sorts of other unique and relaxing wares.
  • Swings n’ Things: A waterside kiosk selling hammocks.
  • Tren-D: The clothes sold here are chic and hip, on the cutting edge of fashion.
  • Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories: The place to go for all scrapbookers.
Entertainment
  • Marketplace Carousel: A classic carousel, hand-crafted in Italy.
  • Waterside Theater: This theater offers occasional entertainment throughout the year. It’s quite the common place for Festival Disney and Disney Magic Music Days participants to perform at. During the holidays, the stage plays host to The Glory and Pageantry of Christmas, a live re-enactment of the Nativity.
West Side

dsc07500.jpg

Established as part of the Springs Centennial Expo, this former exposition center continues to exude the fun and excitement of the 1950s, a time when it felt like humanity was about to reach new horizons.

Entertainment

• Cirque du Soleil: The shape of the Expo’s circus tent is one of the most defining elements of the West Side. Although the days of the typical circus are long-since past, the show held within the tent is sure to inspire that same sense of childlike wonder. In 1999, Disney teamed up with the legendary Cirque du Soleil to create La Nouba, a celebration of imagination. A cleaning lady discovers a portal leading to a strange new world, and the “Cirques”, the strange people that inhabit that world, soon wander into our world, the world of the “Urbains”. In 2018, it was announced that La Nouba would soon run in tandem with a new show: Drawn to Life. This show is based more in line with the classic worlds of Disney, and involves a young girl stepping into an unfinished animation piece, a gift from her father
  • Characters in Flight: The giant hot-air balloon that once marked the Springs Centennial Expo still stands, offering guests dramatic views of Walt Disney World, and of Central Florida itself, from 400 feet in the air.
  • AMC Disney Springs 24: One of the largest movie theaters in Central Florida, the AMC Disney Springs 24 offers guests a chance to watch the latest flicks. Although the usual movie fare of popcorn, candy, nachos and soda is available, if you want a full meal, six of the 24 theaters are “Dine-In” theaters. There’s also MacGuffins Bar & Lounge, a bar named after that most crucial of movie plot points.
  • Splitsville Luxury Lanes: For all the bowling fans out there, this place offers 30 lanes, in addition to billiards and other entertainment. A built-in restaurant offers pizza, sushi and more delicacies.
  • The Eight Ball: One of two areas located directly above Annette’s Diner, Shooting Star Milkshake Bar and Blast Off (more on them later), The Eight Ball, an idea devised by our own @Corey, is a pool hall offering at least 20 tables for guests to shoot billiards, whether novice or advanced. The Eight Ball is divided, with 10 tables reserved for the under-21 crowd, and 10 reserved for the above-21 crowd, complete with bar. The under-21 tables oftentimes have live billiards lessons, so that all ages can learn to play like a pro.
  • Moonwalk: A trampoline park serving as a next-door neighbor to The Eight Ball. Tying in with Blast Off, this place is inspired by the 1950s fascination with space. Designed in a Googie, cartoon-ish style, this trampoline park lets you bounce and feel the gravity amid B-movie esque dioramas of what lies beyond this Earth.
  • West Side Stage: A beautiful outdoor stage overlooking Village Lake, with views of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa beyond it.
Dining
  • House of Blues: One of the most famous restaurants in Disney Springs, this restaurant offers classic soul food, and other American and international delicacies, to the sweet strains of live musicians. The House of Blues is quite a popular place for famous music acts to drop by on their tours. And every Sunday, the Gospel Brunch brings people in from all over. The Smokehouse walk-up window offers some of the restaurant’s signature dishes to-go.
  • Planet Hollywood Observatory: As part of the transformation from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs, the famous restaurant was given an “observatory” theme. But don’t worry -- film history is still proudly prominent here, with authentic props and costumes and a giant 4,500-square foot video wall!
  • Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill: A delicious place offering Mediterranean dishes and classic comfort food that lives up to Wolfgang Puck’s famous motto: “Live, love, eat!”
  • Jaleo by Chef Jose Andres: This Spanish-influenced restaurant offers delicious food in a festive atmosphere. Pepe offers quick-service takes on Spanish cuisine.
  • Annette’s Diner: One of many new establishments taking up the space formerly held by DisneyQuest, this restaurant, straight from Disney Village in Paris, is “a quintessential encapsulation of the 1950s”, as our own @Evilgidgit put it. The specialties of the menu are burgers, hot dogs, chili cheese fries, and big breakfasts, and they’re served by rollerskate-clad waiters! The restaurant is decorated with googie signs, neon lights, and of course, an authentic jukebox playing classic ‘50s tunes -- and yes, the theme from Happy Days is among the selections.
  • Shooting Star Milkshake Bar: Named after, of all things, a Phineas and Ferb reference -- complete with a life-size replica of the neon sign used to advertise the boys’ intergalactic hot spot -- this idea, courtesy of Evilgidgit (albeit with a different name: Carlo’s Milkshakes), is a good place to go once you’ve finished a meal at Annette’s. In his words, “The ice cream or milkshake parlour seemed to be the go-to place for teenagers in the ‘50s for romance or just to hang out. Complete with a checkered floor, comfy seats at the counter, and a romantic soundtrack, the parlour offers delicious, sweet-flavored milkshakes and ice cream, with fifty flavors, one for each American state.”
  • City Works Eatery & Pour House: Offering 90 different kinds of beer on tap, this elaborate bar is the place to go to catch the latest game.
  • Beatrix: This all-natural spot offers healthy, “green” products: vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan.
  • Chicken Guy!: Built into the Planet Hollywood building is this quick-service eatery. Created by popular chef Guy Fieri, a unique take on chicken tenders is this place’s biggest draw.
  • Stargazer’s Bar: An outdoor bar also built into Planet Hollywood.
  • Häagen-Dazs
  • Joffrey’s
  • Starbucks
  • Wetzel’s Pretzels
  • YeSake
Shopping
  • Coca-Cola Store and Rooftop Beverage Bar: Themed to resemble an old bottling plant, this store offers all sorts of Coca-Cola merchandise, and the rooftop bar offers brands of the famous soda from all over the world.
  • Blast Off: Another Evilgidgit idea! Just as Shooting Star Milkshake Bar serves as a natural transition from Annette’s, this shop is a natural transition from the Bar. In his words: “Set your course for a step back into the Space Age, a time of endless opportunity and optimism. The shop has a white, silver, and blue retro-futuristic aesthetic, with curving ceiling arches, resembling a mix of a NASA command center, the House of the Future, and something from the mind of Gene Roddenberry. Models of imagined rockets and UFOs hang from the ceiling, and every aisle is lined with exclusive merchandise celebrating a glorious dream of flying cars and jetpacks; a tomorrow we have yet to reach.”
  • M&M’s Store: Following in the footsteps of its sister stores in Las Vegas, New York City, London and Shanghai, the M&M’s Store brings the fun and excitement of one of the world’s best-loved candies to Disney Springs! Originally a Florida Mall institution that opened in 2005, it set up shop at Disney Springs in 2021. Among the features of this shop are unique M&M’s merchandise -- clothing, kitchenware and even golf balls, interactive dispensers, a chance to customize your own M&M’s candies, and of course, the famous Flavor Wall, where you can select a grab bag of M&M’s in various types of colors and flavors.
  • Disney’s Candy Cauldron: A fanciful candy store themed around the Queen’s laboratory from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
  • DisneyStyle: A trendy boutique featuring Disney-inspired clothing.
  • Marvel Super Hero Headquarters: A one-stop shop for all your Marvel needs.
  • Pele Soccer: A soccer-based emporium, named after the Brazilian soccer legend.
  • Pop Gallery: An art kiosk.
  • Sosa Family Cigars: A high-class shop offering cigars and other tobacco products.
  • Star Wars Galactic Outpost: A one-stop shop for all your Star Wars needs.
  • Sunglass Icon by Sunglass Hut: Quality sunglasses.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And this is where we will stop for now. I said that there are five districts in Mirror Disney Springs, and we shall visit the last one later tonight. I have a feeling that if I discuss it here, it will make the post go over the character limit.

And by the way, I want to point out that I did not get the Pleasure Landing name from @MANEATINGWREATH's Boardwalk & Hotel District. As I said when I started this thread back in January, I've been working on Mirror WDW ever since Summer of 2020, and I thought the name was fitting as a combination of Pleasure Island and The Landing. It's just coincidence, is all.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I wanna see Toontown Transit ride through script (queue, ride, gift shop) so badly. And what about Toontown Hotel drop tower idea for Disney's Hollywood Studios for Roger Rabbit's Hollywood, also Judge Doom's Revenge too.
I can different mirror universe of WDW has Looney Tunes and DC Comics IPs.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I wanna see Toontown Transit ride through script (queue, ride, gift shop) so badly. And what about Toontown Hotel drop tower idea for Disney's Hollywood Studios for Roger Rabbit's Hollywood, also Judge Doom's Revenge too.
I can different mirror universe of WDW has Looney Tunes and DC Comics IPs.
I believe I've told you before, I'm not that familiar with Roger Rabbit, so I'm afraid I can't do a ride-through for Toontown Transit. And similarly, the land I had set aside for Roger Rabbit's Hollywood is very small, so I think there'd be no room for those other two attractions.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As you may recall, Mirror Disney Springs has five districts. We have already seen four -- Town Center, Pleasure Landing, Village Marketplace and the West Side -- so that only leaves one more. Now, although this timeline is showcasing what’s at Mirror Walt Disney World on October 1, 2021, let us flash forward a bit so that we may see the newest addition to Disney Springs…

The Lights District

miami-night.jpg

Created by @kmbmw777, @Miru, @NateD1226, @Pi on my Cake, @tcool123 and @AceAstro for the One Little Spark competition in 2019, the Lights District, much like Pleasure Landing, is an area focused more on entertainment than on dining and shopping. (Also, if you want more information on this district, click this link.)

Given that each area reflects a different period in time, it seems only natural that the Lights District follow suit. The Lights District represents Springs in the ‘70s and ‘80s, the era when nightlife was being revolutionized. The club scene began to flourish. Art Deco and neon made a revival. It’s clear that a party atmosphere permeated the ‘70s. In fact, stepping into the Lights District, you’d be forgiven for assuming you suddenly appeared in the bustling metropolis of Miami. Plus, given that Walt Disney World -- and Disney Springs -- was born in the 1970s, it only makes sense to have a ‘70s-themed area to bring the complex rather full-circle, time-wise. In fact, this district opened its gates on March 22, 2025 -- 50 years to the day that the original Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village opened!

Most of the things you will see here were created by the team I gave a shout-out to at the start, but I tossed in a few things myself, and slightly altered a few things that I thought didn’t gel with the overall theme of the land. Let’s begin with how the team discussed the overall aesthetics…

As guests park their car in the new Tangelo Parking Garage, they will be thrilled to know that parking is an ease for The Lights District. After parking guests go down the elevators or stairs to the ground floor, and walk along a path with potted flowers and plants through two small parking lots as the back of Cirque looms over the Lights District. Making a left, guests will arrive into the Lights District and be embraced by the colors and sounds of the eighties. The fusion of art deco architecture, neon lighting, and a color scheme derived from Miami Vice create an area of nostalgia for guests to take in with their eyes, and plenty of places ready for social media pictures. Throughout the district the outdoor speakers are all tuned into DSN75, the local radio station housed within the Lights District hosted by local Disney Springs personality Clifford. (Yes, the same Clifford from The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight.)

Palm_Island_entrance.jpg

In the center of the Lights District is Inspiration Plaza, host to a brand new fountain. Within the fountain a large tower of water continuously flows as smaller towers rise and fall around it. Outdoor patios for the nearby restaurants allow guests to see other patrons dining on food they may want to try for themselves. The Museum of Inspiration stands tall within the plaza, and offers a break from the Art Deco designs inspired by Miami Beach with tile mosaics decorating parts of the building.

But at night, the Lights District transforms, its festive atmosphere growing even more festive, thanks to its titular lights! The neon lining the buildings and signs throughout the Lights District buildings giving the entire district a new atmosphere with a lively glow. The fountain within Inspiration Plaza has begun to put on a mini light show in sync to the DSN75 Radio Station which has switched to popular songs heard at parties. Tricks of light make the tile mosaics of Dreamscapes and Fiesta Tropical dance throughout the night. The glass block windows of Sing It! have light move through them like bars of music going up and down with how loud the singers are within. Lights hidden with the arch of the Sugar Rush Raceway make the imprinted tire seem to move.

Small lasers will be located throughout the district projecting dots onto the ground making the ground come to life as it seemingly dances. Large spotlights will be setup on top of the Dreamscapes building, the 8TRAX building, and even from the top of the Cirque du Soleil tent in the West Side, allowing for large spotlights of color to swing throughout the area allowing for large segments of color to run between buildings. The lighting at night transform The Lights District into a district wide party where the fun never stops, and guests to the most happening place in all of Orlando!

Entertainment

8TRAX6.jpg
  • 8TRAX: An old Pleasure Landing hotspot, reborn for a new generation. At 8TRAX, you can come down with a case of “disco fever” as you boogie to the beat of ‘70s music. But on Thursdays, and only on Thursdays, 8TRAX comes alive with the sounds of the ‘80s.
  • BET Soundstage Club: Another Pleasure Landing classic reborn, the latest sounds in hip-hop, soul and R&B are the sounds you’ll hear at this club. An enthusiastic DJ is on hand to help get everyone on the dance floor.
  • Disney’s Dreamscapes: Located within the Springs Museum of Inspiration, Disney’s Dreamscapes is an escape room complex home to plenty of rooms allowing for a large capacity and six distinct themes that encourage guests to come back for more. Five of these rooms are based around a certain theme: Toy Story, Aladdin, Star Wars, Mickey Mouse and Guardians of the Galaxy. One room specifically changes themes with each season. January and February bring Pirates of the Caribbean, Spring brings Inside Out, Summer brings Phineas and Ferb, September and October bring The Nightmare Before Christmas and the Christmas season (November-December) brings Frozen. The prices for these escape rooms will be competitive with local establishments and cost each adult around $30, and each child $25. Special prices may be given to groups of eight or more. To experience these rooms, you must make a reservation online or in person. Each party gets a 15 minute grace period. Once that is up, your reservation will be given to another party.
  • Fiesta Tropical: It cannot be denied that Floridian culture has a huge Latin American influence. As such, this multi-floor club offers a full night’s worth of dancing to the Latin beat, featuring prominent Latin artists.
  • The Gator Stomp: A jazz club straight out of the Big Easy. You can dance the night away to the sounds of a live jazz band, and the occasional sounds of Zydeco to keep things fresh, whilst enjoying finger food and a full Fat Tuesday’s menu, complete with various cocktails.
0gqzmkjz0fl51.jpg
  • The Grid: Based on one of Disney’s more recognized ‘80s releases, guests can play laser tag from within the world of Tron. The lobby is modeled after the headquarters for ENCOM. As guests enter into the digital world, guests will be able to choose what distinct arena they wish to play in: The Solar Sailer or The End of the Line Club. The Solar Sailer is aimed for all ages and is modeled as a vehicle storage center. The visuals are somewhere between Legacy and the original film. Lightcycles, Recognizers, and Solar Sailers fill the space and act as obstacles. The End of Line Club is aimed at those looking for a challenge in the arena. It is centered around the nightclub from Tron Legacy. On busy nights, this laser tag arena even has a live DJ in the center of it playing 80’s hits from artists like Madonna to George Michael.
  • Mannequins Dance Palace: In this techno-inspired club, another Pleasure Landing original, dance the night away on a revolving dance floor.
  • The Muppets’ Putt-Putt Pandemonium: As was already established, Clifford runs the local radio station. But what of the abandoned television station right next door? Well, within those doors, the wacky world of the Muppets and the wacky world of miniature golf collide. Each of the 18 holes is made to look like it was made up by a certain Muppet. We begin, as always, with Kermit, sitting in the swamp underneath a glorious rainbow. Fairly simple hole. It only gets more complicated from here…
Other holes include Dr. Honeydew and Beaker’s “Golf Labs” where the golf ball is the subject of the latest experiment; Fozzie’s Banana-rama course, festooned with banana peels (Watch your step!); and The Great Gonzo’s Stunt Course, where your golf ball can try its own stunts! And who could forget Miss Piggy’s show-stopping number? And oh, what’s this? Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem want to be involved! They parked the bus right in the middle of the course though! Hit the ball up into the bus (and then get into the bus) to continue this hole by shooting it out the first escape in the back and into the hole. It all leads up to Sam Eagle’s “glorious three-hour finale!” What better way to end a show than with fireworks? Unfortunately, this time you are hitting the ball into the fireworks shop setting of a chain reaction of fireworks to end your fun and dangerous time at The Muppets’ Putt-Putt Pandemonium.
  • Sing It!: Who doesn’t love karaoke? This perennial nighttime staple naturally makes a home here at the Lights District. Here in this swanky nightclub, guests can try their hands at karaoke … or just take in performances.
Wreck-It-Ralph-Sugar-Rush.jpg

• Sugar Rush Raceway: Much like how The Grid takes guests inside a video game, Sugar Rush Raceway offers another chance for guests to enter the virtual world. Here, guests can actually race down the Sugar Rush racetrack, as seen in Wreck-It Ralph, in this elaborate, indoor go-kart experience. Making use of electric go-karts with RFID technology (this will not only allow photos and videos to be sent directly to guests’ MagicBands, but also help to prevent collisions), helmets and ADR goggles, guests will feel like they’ve jumped into the world of Sugar Rush, joining Ralph, Vanellope, Felix and Sgt. Calhoun for a wild race that would put Mr. Toad to shame. (For safety reasons, the raceway will have a height requirement of 48 inches, an age requirement of at least 6; guests under 18 must have a liability waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian. For guests under 18 they must be 54 inches or taller to ride solo.)
Dining
  • Evangeline: Enjoy the unique tastes of the Cajun menu at this New Orleans-themed restaurant. The Evangeline complex is also home to The Gator Stomp, naturally, as well as Bayou Bites, a counter-service eatery specializing in New Orleans street food.
653dfc50a237498090e49bb44e444e51.jpg

• Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen: Inspired by the hit TV show, you’d be forgiven for assuming this could potentially be a Disney’s Hollywoodland hot-spot, given the park’s focus on movies and TV. Instead, the Imagineers decided the modern look of the restaurant would fit in better here at the Lights District. Stepping inside, you’ll find yourself in an exact replica of the restaurant featured on the show, complete with red and blue kitchens. But don’t expect to see Chef Ramsay in person here. Although his fiery presence may be missed by some fans, the chefs working here have been trained to live up to Ramsay’s high expectations, and that dedication comes through in spades. The menu consists of various Hell’s Kitchen mainstays, such as lobster risotto, scallops, beef Wellington, New York strip and sticky toffee pudding. The restaurant also features a private dining room and a bar.
  • Olette’s: Blending Art-Deco with the unique style of Kingdom Hearts, Olette’s brings the Twilight Town hot-spot to life, with meals inspired by the worlds seen in the hit game series. And yes, sea-salt ice cream is the main dessert.
n044583-L.jpg
  • Pub Sub Hub, presented by Publix: Few brands are as quintessentially tied to Florida history (especially the spring/lake towns of central Florida) than Publix Supermarkets. The first store opened in Winter Haven, just a 45 minute drive away from Disney Springs. While primarily just a grocery store, there are two things that has set Publix apart from the competition: Excellent, Disney-level customer service and the most delicious subs ever made! It is not uncommon for Floridians to go to Publix just to get their subs and sweet tea. There has never been a way to get these amazing Pub Subs (as they are affectionately called) outside of the grocery stores... Until now! The Pub Sub Hub is a new experiment design to take this iconic Floridian food to a whole new audience! Delicious Boar’s Head deli meats and cheeses, chicken strips, and sweet tea, all in a new stand alone sub shop! With an exterior modelled after the original Publix supermarket, this new dining location is sure to be a hit!
  • Zaroorat Cafe: If Evangeline gets some of its visual influence from The Princess and the Frog, it seems only natural that Zaroorat gets its influence from The Jungle Book. A vast menu offers family-style Indian cooking, as well as other “bare necessities”. In fact, that’s what “zaroorat” means in Hindi: “necessity”!
Shopping

apple_nso-bangkok_ratchaprasong_07282020.jpg.landing-big_2x.jpg
  • Apple: Where better for this shop to be located than here in the Lights District? Its white-toned, neon-lit aesthetic blends in beautifully here!
Kermit+and+Fozzie+radio.jpg
  • Clifford’s Studio: Inspired by both The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight, this store specializes in media -- DVDs, Blu-rays, video games, CDS, and all that. In addition, this store also features tons of Muppet merchandise. You can even interact with an animatronic Clifford!
  • Football Legends by NFL: Inspired by the ‘80s era of NFL, right down to having the entrance be modeled after the entrance of a typical 1980s football stadium, this merchandise features exclusive merchandise for all football fans! In addition to the usual footballs, shirts, and other bric-a-brac, you’ll also find jerseys inspired by 1980s NFL stars like Jerry Rice, James Lofton, and Ozzie Newsome.
  • Morphe: A makeup store with a neon color scheme.
  • Raceway Pit Stop: Here, you can purchase your on-ride video and design your very own Sugar Rush kart...and for that matter, design your very own, fully-drivable Tesla!
  • Spirit Jersey: According to the original prompt, “There are few things that have become as popular among the Disney fandom as Spirit Jerseys. They are right up there with #PurpleWall and Specialty Cupcakes in terms of popularity. A store dedicated to these over-sized sweaters makes perfect sense! The store will sell the entire Disney line of Spirit Jerseys including a brand new specialty line dedicated to Disney Springs with a sweater designed to represent each of the four districts.”
  • Xion’s Database: An electronic store specializing in all manner of Kingdom Hearts merchandise.
And by the way, if you want to know where everything will be located, here is a map. Note that this is the map used for the One Little Spark Competition, without my personal additions. Therefore, keep these things in mind: Apple replaces Laughingstocks, BET and Mannequins replace the Distadium, Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen replaces Johnny Rocket’s (the building is, naturally, much bigger to account for this addition) and 8TRAX replaces Springs Community Theater.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once again, I must credit @kmbmw777, @Miru, @NateD1226, @Pi on my Cake, @tcool123 and @AceAstro for originally coming up with The Lights District. I thought it was just too good not to use for Mirror Disney Springs!

Now, the next post will come along on Saturday, and in that post, we will take a visit to the three water parks of Mirror Walt Disney World! And in case you missed some of my previous posts, on Friday, I intend to start a supplemental project: Mirror Walt Disney World-A! Inspired by @MANEATINGWREATH's Mirror Disneyland 2021 concept, this thread will highlight how Mirror Walt Disney World would change in a timeline where a Disney/Universal team-up means that Disney-MGM Studios was never built.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
In Mirror WDW's Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland will have old Tomorrowland 1989-2003 BGM music area in 2008-present after original Tomorrowland music area from 2003-2007.

Evilgidgit

• Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen: Inspired by the hit TV show, you’d be forgiven for assuming this could potentially be a Disney’s Hollywoodland hot-spot, given the park’s focus on movies and TV. Instead, the Imagineers decided the modern look of the restaurant would fit in better here at the Lights District. Stepping inside, you’ll find yourself in an exact replica of the restaurant featured on the show, complete with red and blue kitchens. But don’t expect to see Chef Ramsay in person here. Although his fiery presence may be missed by some fans, the chefs working here have been trained to live up to Ramsay’s high expectations, and that dedication comes through in spades. The menu consists of various Hell’s Kitchen mainstays, such as lobster risotto, scallops, beef Wellington, New York strip and sticky toffee pudding. The restaurant also features a private dining room and a bar.
  • Olette’s: Blending Art-Deco with the unique style of Kingdom Hearts, Olette’s brings the Twilight Town hot-spot to life, with meals inspired by the worlds seen in the hit game series. And yes, sea-salt ice cream is the main dessert.
Wow, what a pairing!

"You don't cook this lamb to perfection, I'm gonna shove your Keyblade right up your own backside!"

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
It's Saturday! You know what that means!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Disney Water Parks
It's not just the theme parks that provide thrills at Walt Disney World. The resort complex is also home to three water parks, each one providing a host of slides, pools and lazy rivers; allowing everyone the chance to have some fun in the sun! Ever since 1976, guests have loved taking a dip here at the Disney Water Parks, and given what each park has in store, who can blame them? We shall explore the the three water parks in chronological order of opening date, starting with...

Disney’s River Country

rivercountry_overview1976wdp.jpg

Marked by the visage of an old water tower, Walt Disney World’s first water park, which opened nearby Fort Wilderness on June 20, 1976, is inspired by the swimmin’ holes of yesteryear. Basically, imagine if the Magic Kingdom’s Tom Sawyer Island was a water park. In order to keep with the rustic, natural feel of River Country, the main pool -- Bay Cove -- used a unique system that brought water from Bay Lake into the pool.

Sadly, this system would lead to a few hiccups. In 1980, a child died of an amoebic disease resulting from warm weather affecting the lake. As time wore on, however, it was decided to close off the filtering system. Thus, on November 2, 2001, the park closed for a brief period to install a new system. Now, Bay Cove would be more like the Stormalong Bay pool at the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts; still a sand-bottom pool, but self-contained. Plus, it could be heated during cooler nights. How does it work? Well, beneath the bridge that separates the Cove from the Lake is a barrier, unseen by the guests’ eye, but working nonetheless, making sure no water from Bay Lake can get in.

Blog%2B-%2BWDW%2BRiver%2BCountry.png

At the 2025 D23 Expo, it was announced that River Country would receive an upgrade to celebrate its forthcoming 50th anniversary. The park would be expanded with an all-new area: “Eagle Peak”, featuring a whole slew of new water attractions, attractions along the lines of what you can find at the other two water parks of the resort; all spread across three rocky hills and a dense pine forest. With this new area, the original area would be called “Bay Cove.” This was the first time that a Disney water park would be divided into its own distinct areas, much like a theme park would be.

Bay Cove Attractions

• Bay Cove: The major pool of River Country. A sand-bottomed beauty with all sorts of slides and a unique “water jungle gym” in the middle of it all.
    • White Water Rapids: An inner-tube water slide.
    • Whoop ‘n’ Holler Hollow: Two water slides that deposit guests into Bay Cove.
    • Kiddie Cove: Featuring two small water slides and a gentle cove.
    • Barrel Bridge
    • Boom Swing
    • Cable Ride
    • Tire Swing
    • Bay Bridge
  • Upstream Plunge: The secondary pool.
    • Slippery Slide Falls: Dual water slides that take guests off the edge of the cliff near Upstream Plunge, sending them into the water below.
  • Cypress Springs: A splash zone.
  • Cypress Point Nature Trail: A nature walk along the edges of Bay Lake.
  • Crystal Springs Riverwalk: A walkway connecting Bay Cove to Eagle Peak.
  • Character Greetings Throughout the Day: Goofy, Chip and Dale appear at Bay Cove between 1 to 5 p.m; with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto joining the fun on special occasions, like their annual All-American Water Party held during the 4th of July weekend.
Eagle Peak Attractions
  • Eagle Peak: The dominant peak among the three hills of River Country, Eagle Peak contains many unique attractions.
    • Eagle Peak Chutes: Body slides twisting and turning through the hills and valleys of Eagle Peak.
    • Ghostly Caverns: A spooky cave system, not unlike the caves back on Tom Sawyer Island.
    • Big River: A six-person raft ride downhill.
  • Rattlesnake Hill: The secondary hill of River Country. Not as big as Eagle Peak, but still offers plenty to do.
    • Rattlesnake Hill Slides: A network of three slides, all dumping guests out into a small pool called Prairie Pass.
    • Cider Mill Slides: Much like Crush ‘n’ Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon, these slides take guests through an abandoned cider mill. Like Rattlesnake Hill, there are three slides, each one depositing guests into Prairie Pass.
    • Cliff Jump: All wannabe daredevils can cannonball off a prominent cliff on Rattlesnake Hill, plunging into Prairie Pass below.
  • Cherokee Caverns: The third and smallest hill, Cherokee Caverns only plays host to two attractions.
    • Cherokee Caverns: A waterslide taking place entirely in the dark.
    • Powhatan Lazy River: The park’s lazy river, taking guests through the deep forests of Eagle Peak, taking guests under caverns and waterfalls, and past Native American camps.
Amenities
If you’re lookin’ for vittles here at River Country, Pop’s Place offers burgers, fried chicken, hot dogs, French fries, onion rings, plenty to drink -- including beer -- and Ma’s signature chocolate-chip cookies for dessert, as well as ice cream. The Waterin’ Hole, located not too far away, offers snacks and drinks. But with the advent of Eagle Peak came a new restaurant: Ma’s Lakeside Tavern. This waterside location offers good ol’ Western hospitality, and mouth-watering comfort food. Across the way from Ma’s is a boat launch, taking guests to Athel Island and to the resorts of the Magic Kingdom Resort Area.

In addition to all this, picnic lunches are more than welcome here. There’s a dedicated picnic area, where guests can enjoy their meals in the shade of the cypress trees, whilst enjoying the sounds of The Notorious Banjo Brothers (& Bob), River Country’s perennial houseband. And for River Country merchandise, look no further than River Relics.

As the map clearly shows, Eagle Cove came directly from S.W. Wilson’s concept, which I thought was too good not to use.

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon

typhoon-lagoon-surf-pool-01.jpg

The second water park to open on Disney property -- on the same day as Disney’s Hollywoodland, in fact -- offers a more tropical side of water fun, compared to the rustic River Country. Legend has it that a terrible typhoon caused chaos on a tropical paradise, rendering the entire place seemingly wrecked. That’s why there’s ships, fishing gear and surfboards strewn about all over the place. But perhaps the greatest tragedy is that it marooned the Miss Tilly shrimp boat atop Mt. Mayday, never to be brought down. But if there's one thing the good people here are known for, it's their sense of optimism. They kept the place open to the public, where this bizarre style was very-well received.

eb07127c4e880ab1672a392d8ef92ec9.jpg

Attractions

• Mount Mayday: Within and around the structure of Mount Mayday is a whole host of unique experiences.
    • Wave Pool: Typhoon Lagoon is home to one of the biggest wave pools ever made, sending giant, six-foot-high waves crashing down upon all those in its path every 90 seconds! In addition, this pool is also home to surfing lessons which occur two hours before the rest of Typhoon Lagoon opens.
    • Humunga Kowabunga: A five-story plunge aboard one of three “speed slides.”
    • Storm Sliders: A trio of body slides.
    • Gang Plank Falls: A water slide taking place inside four-person inner-tubes.
    • Mayday Falls: A tube slide involving white-water rapids.
    • Keelhaul Falls: A tube slide involving waterfalls and caves.
    • Forgotten Grotto: A cave within Mount Mayday.
    • Overlook Pass: A walking trail taking guests across the peak of the mountain.
  • Hideaway Bay: An alcove themed around an abandoned fruiting business, found at the lower right-hand corner of the park.
    • Crush ‘n’ Gusher: A water coaster set within the aforementioned business.
    • Miss Adventure Falls: Another family raft ride.
  • Shark Reef: An out-of-the-ordinary experience where guests can actually swim alongside sea life: tropical fish, stingrays, and of course, sharks: specifically, bonnetheads and leopard sharks, two small, gentle types of shark.
  • Castaway Creek: The park’s lazy river.
  • Ketchakiddie Creek: The park’s kiddie area.
  • Character Greetings Throughout the Day: Say aloha to Lilo and Stitch, who often come by this island paradise.
Amenities
  • Typhoon Lagoon has seven food areas:
    • Crush Cart: Offering sandwiches, turkey legs and hot dogs.
    • Happy Landings: A place specializing in ice-cream.
    • Leaning Palms: A quick-service area specializing in burgers, sandwiches, salads and pizza, in addition to beer.
    • Let’s Go Slurpin’: The park’s lounge, where the alcohol flows.
    • Lowtide Lou’s: Sandwiches, ice cream and alcohol.
    • Surf Doggies: Another cart offering the same fare as Crush Cart.
    • Typhoon Tilly’s: Another place specializing in sandwiches and salads. And yes, beer is available here, as well.
  • There are two merchandise options: High ‘n’ Dry and Singapore Sal’s. Both offer generic Typhoon Lagoon gifts, sundries, life jackets and towels. In addition, the former is where to go to rent Beachcomber Shacks. Lockers are available at both shops.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach

SKdhwo3812.jpg

It seemed only natural that the third, and most recent, water park of Walt Disney World open on April Fool’s Day in 1995, as this water park brings to life one of the more well-known April Fool’s Day jokes: snow in Florida! Ah, but unlike many April Fool’s gags, there’s actually a story behind this one. You see, apparently a snowstorm accidentally hit Orlando, and ever-inspired and resourceful, the Imagineers built a ski resort. But of course, the snow didn’t last long. And just when it seemed all hope was lost, they noticed a blue alligator sliding down the melting Mt. Gushmore. The Imagineers soon discovered the potential the melted ski resort had as a water park, and the rest is history.

bb0d4acaa2dc2e3d984e0d35f324d8e6.jpg

Attractions

• Green Slope: The ultimate thrills are on this slope, right at the top of Mt. Gushmore.
    • Summit Plummet: The ultimate water slide experience at Walt Disney World, Summit Plummet is the third-tallest freefall slide in the world, and likewise the third-fastest. Zoom down 120 feet of slide at speeds of 60 mph!
    • Slush Gusher: A gully slide down Mt. Gushmore, with plenty of air-time bumps.
    • Teamboat Springs: Described by Disney as “the world’s longest family raft ride!”
    • Chairlift: One-way service from the ground up to the top of Mt. Gushmore.
  • Purple Slope: More moderate thrills from lower points on the mountain.
    • Toboggan Racers: Guests love to race down this eight-lane slide!
    • Snow Stormers: What if slaloms were translated as a water slide?
    • Downhill Double Dipper: Another racing slide, this time sending guests down mano a mano.
  • Runoff Rapids: The only thrill on the Red Slope, these rapids consist of both open and enclosed inner tube slides.
  • Melt-Away Bay: The park’s wave pool.
  • Cross Country Creek: The park’s lazy river.
  • Ski Patrol Training Camp: An area made for pre-teens.
  • Tike’s Peak: The park’s kiddie area.
Amenities
  • Blizzard Beach has eight food areas:
    • Avalunch: Turkey legs and hot dogs.
    • Cooling Hut: Sandwiches, popcorn, pretzels and ice cream.
    • Frostbite Freddy’s: Smoothies and frozen drinks.
    • I.C. Expeditions: The park’s go-to spot for ice cream.
    • Lottawatta Lodge: The main quick-service area, offering burgers, pizza, salads and sandwiches.
    • Polar Pub: Alcohol, alcohol, alcohol.
    • Snow-Balls: Sno-cones.
    • Warming Hut: Same grub as Avalunch.
  • There are three shops located here. Beach Haus and Snowless Joe’s offer generic Blizzard Beach gifts, sundries, life jackets and towels. In addition, the former offers beachwear and the latter is where to go to rent Polar Patios and Lodge Picnic Umbrellas. Lockers are available at both shops. In addition, there’s the Shade Shack, specializing in sunglasses.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And that, ladies and gents, are the Disney Water Parks! What do you think? Next post will be out on Thursday, and in that post, after so many posts mentioning it exists, we'll finally get the chance to explore Athel Island!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Hello, everyone. A brief update. I've actually been going back and looking over a few things, to see if there's anything I need to change for Mirror Walt Disney World-A, and there is something big I noticed. I feel now that my plans for a South African pavilion are relatively big for such a small place, especially given both the Skyliner and the International Gateway neighbor it. I think that, at some point in the future, I'll have to go back and update the post to include a smaller concept.

EDIT (as of May 19, 2021): I am going to leave South Africa alone. What I have decided to do for MWDW-A is move Greece over to the International Gateway spot and have it open four years before the Gateway does. That way, the Gateway can be built with any necessary adjustments to account for a new pavilion neighboring it. South Africa goes on to stand where Greece is in Mirror WDW.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom