Miracle... who wants to see it?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Am I the only person that's really hyped up about seeing this movie? I really want to see it, but I haven't heard much else from anyone about it. I'm a HUGE hockey fan, and I used to play hockey so the movie should obviously appeal to me, but it seems that whenever Disney does a sports-triumph movie based on real life, they do it well and it does well (Remember the Titans, Cool Runnings, The Rookie, etc).

PhotoDave219

*points to FOUR Team USA Jerseys in closet*

I tried to go to the preview, it was sold out. Damm internet ticket sales.

All i want is for Disney/ABCSports is to issue the actual game on DVD.

Grumpy56

My son is very excited about this movie. It is a must see at our house. We have enjoyed all those Disney sports movie in the past so have high hopes for it. And as a bonus, I just love Kurt Russell!:animwink:

catinthehat

I saw it and thought it was fantastic! all of the young actors were very good and Kurt Russell is just great.

I loved the Rookie, but I actually like Miracle more.

imagineer boy

I saw it and thought it was pretty good. The acting was great! I noticed during the opening credits, at the part where the news person is saying, "America spirit is spreading across the nation" on the far right, it shows a scene from the old ( and kinda dumb ) America on Parade that used to march on Main Street in WDW and DL. It's the one with the big headed statue of liberty costume character float.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Hope to catch it this week. Reviews are excellent and it looks like it's a great movie. Weekend box office has it in second behind Barbershop 2, it made $19,377,577. Pretty good! I hope I enjoy it, even though i'm not the biggest of hockey fans.

Steamboat_Kevin

I think Miracle looks excellent! It seems like a hockey version of Remember the Titans, and I LOVED Remember the Titans. I hope to see it soon :)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
i saw it last night... it was amazing!

MouseMadness

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Hope to catch it this week. Reviews are excellent and it looks like it's a great movie. Weekend box office has it in second behind Barbershop 2, it made $19,377,577. Pretty good! I hope I enjoy it, even though i'm not the biggest of hockey fans.

I'm just gonna guess that you don't have to be a hockey fan to like the movie. Just like you could love Jerry MaGuire without liking sports, and Tin Cup or Happy Gilmore without loving golf, etc. I'm so excited to see Miracle!

Dimaline312000

Miracle

I've seen Miracle and it is a great movie one of Disney's best. I'm a huge hockey fan and I play hockey so the Movie really meant a lot to me. I'll be seeing it about 7 more times before it leaves the theater. It is a great movie for not just hockey fans or disney fans it's a great movie for any American. USA Wins the Gold in 1980. Do you believe in Miracles?

Dimaline31 :)

maelstrom

I wanna see it because I like hockey and it is gonna have good music in it. :D The trailer played "Dream On" by Aerosmith and a couple of other good songs.

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by maelstrom
and it is gonna have good music in it. :D The trailer played "Dream On" by Aerosmith and a couple of other good songs.
That definitely is one of the reasons I really want to see Miracle. A movie with a great soundtrack can't be beat, IMO, take Remember the Titans and Forrest Gump :D

MouseRight

Saw it yesterday. GREAT MOVIE. Not sure if I liked it so much because I am an Olympic nut or just because it was a great movie. I do know that my wife and daughter weren't that thrilled to be going to a hockey movie. However, they came out of teh movie all pumped out and liking it as much as me.

Kurt Russell was excellent - definitly was able to portray Brooks' range of emotions realistically. Although this is really not a "Hockey" movie, the hockey footage was fantastic and realistic. What really blew me away was how they were able to choreograph the action to Al Michaels' original commentary. Awesome!

It's a shame that Brooks died last summer before he had a chance to see the movie.

GO see it.

Off Topic - I was surprised that they didn't show a trailer from "Home On The Range". They had one for Hidalgo though. I want to see that movie too.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Originally posted by MouseRight
Off Topic - I was surprised that they didn't show a trailer from "Home On The Range". They had one for Hidalgo though. I want to see that movie too.

I was waiting to see a Home on The Range trailer with it as well, but of course, they did not have one. That was surprising. The theater I saw Miracle at today played the Hidalgo trailer TWICE. When it came on again, everyone just moaned.:lol:

Went and saw Miracle today, and may I say it was a really good movie. Not great, but really good. A little too long if you ask me (135 min.), but that's okay. Kurt Russell did an excellent job as Herb Brooks. But one thing I noticed at my theater was that there was a lot of little kids and their mothers. I was surprised to see so many young kids because they probably didn't even know about the 1980 Olympic hockey team or anything about the movie. I bet their mothers said "Oh, it's a Disney movie" and probably thought it was something like The Mighty Ducks. All of the young kids were making noise and jumping around, as well as kicking seats. They got a bit restless, so i'm sure they didn't enjoy the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom