Minor Update

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thought I would go ahead and give you the list of characters to be featured in the new autograph books. The order and groups may change... the characters are basically set. This should take care of any complaints about me being too vague. :animwink:

*Each pair represents a page*

Mickey and Friends
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse

Pluto
Figaro

Donald Duck
Daisy Duck

Goofy
Max

Chip
Dale

Clarice
Clara Cluck

Horace
Clarabelle

Uncle Scrooge
Huey

Louie
Dewey

Launchpad McQuack
Ludwig Von Drake

Humphrey
Ranger Woodlore

José
Panchito

Playhouse Pals
JoJo
Goliath

Manny
Mr. Lopart

Annie
Quincy

Leo
June

Prince and Princesses
Snow White
Princess Aurora

Cinderella
Prince Charming

Ariel
Prince Eric

Belle
Beast

Jasmine
Aladin

Pocahontas
Mulan

Classic Disney
Pooh
Piglet

Tigger
Rabbit

Eeyore
Fiddler Pig

Piper Pig
Practical Pig

Happy
Sleepy

Grumpy
Bashful

Sneezy
Dopey

Doc
Mad Hatter

Alice
White Rabbit

Peter Pan
Wendy

Pinocchio
Jiminy Cricket

Geppetto
Fairy Godmother

Disney Stars
Kermit the Frog
Miss Piggy

Sully
Mike Wazowski

Elastigirl
Mr. Incredible

Buzz Lightyear
Figment

Jessie
Woody

Lilo
Stitch

Brer Rabbit
Baloo the Bear

Mary Poppins
Mayor Weaver

Jane
Terk

Timon
Pumba

Rafiki
Big Al

Flik
Atta

Robin Hood
Little John

Friar Tuck
Kronk

Merlin
Genie

Hercules
Jack Sparrow

The Villains
Pete
Big Bad Wolf

Brer Bear
Brer Fox

Captain Hook
Mr. Smee

Queen of Hearts
Governor Ratcliffe

The Queen
Gaston

Jafar
Cruella De Vil

Sheriff of Nottingham
Prince John

Drizella
Walrus

Special Meetings
Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

Blank
Blank

harlequyn

My niece will go nuts for that - she was making it her mission before to get as many autographs as possible, but if prizes were involved too.... so much for the rides....

WDWFigment

All we have to wait for is the 'obvious' missing character before people start claiming he's a fraud...Not that I'll believe that either way, but I bet that's what will happen. By the way, isn't Malificent one that should be on there? :D

tink2

While I think this idea is very cool- I worry about getting to the right page with my kids. I know my kids were young our last trip- they were 5 and 3- but just getting to the character, getting the auto. books and pens out, getting the camera ready, and dealing with the kids (3 year old did not understand the concept of a line then and just wanted to get to the character)- my husband was ready to throw the autograph books out the window!!! I know my kids will be older, but I just wonder if trying to find a particular character's 'page' will add to the craziness for those of us with young children.
It does sound like a neat concept though and I'm sure my dd8 will love it- maybe she will be able to navigate the process and help her younger brother too- ha! (she'll probably turn him to the wrong page on purpose!!! :animwink: )

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The handler for each character will do their best to quickly turn your autograph book to the correct page, stamp it and hand it to the character. Each grouping of characters features a different color for the pages, so finding the characters will be fairly easy to begin with. We hope that will make the process easier and more fun!

As for me being worried about having vague news - I'm not worried, I just enjoyed getting to write a very detailed report.

* Malificent will be signing in the "Special Meetings" because it is difficult to increase her number of meet and greets, and also because she is one of the more frightening of our villains.

dizpins14

So will there be more characters out in the parks when this new book comes out? There are a lot of characters on that list that I have never seen do sets before or they have not been out in awhile. I know it's supposed to be hard so Disney isn't handing out tons of prizes but I didn't even realize Pete made appearances.

imagineer boy

Yeah right. Where's your scource?! :mad: You lack discepline! Mickey's in the book? Yeah right. You expect us to believe you? You know you're lying and just trying to get attention! GRRR!!!! :fork: :fork: :fork:

Heh heh... I kid, I kid... :lookaroun

But seriously though, thanks for the info.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
New characters are added every year for Walt Disney World. Some of the characters on the list will be meeting with guests for the very first time next year (Pete, Mr. Lompart, etc). At the same time, some of the characters will still be more difficult to find. None of the characters on the list, however, will be "Special Events Only" characters - although I would suggest that you would find several of the more rare characters in succession if you went to those events.

FigmentJedi

I see they at least covered the basics in the actual character pages (and they actually decided to give Fig one, woo!), but why is one Stepsister all alone on the villain listing (Drizella)? Where's Anastasia or Lady Tremaine on there?

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anastasia was left off because of her name (her name could confuse guests into thinking she was a different Anastasia). Cinderella's wicked stepmother was left off for the same reason as Malificent - difficult to increase the number of meet and greets, and one of the more scary villains to our younger guests (believe it or not, Cruella was almost removed).

Both will sign in the "Special Meetings" section. Autographs in that section are also able to earn prizes.

FigmentJedi

So if MTR characters show up again then, I've got more motivation to go meet them. Trick is whenever I'd actually be returning to WDW...

mickeysaver

Pumbaa? How on Earth are you going to find Pumbaa? I have never seen him as a walk around character......not that I wouldn't love to, since I am a HUGE fan of Timon & Pumbaa. But he's so in my mind as a 4 legged creature, that I can't imagine him as a walk around. Did they put that in there as a joke? Maggie

PS. My car tag is PUMBAA and I want my motorcyle tag to be TIMON, if there is any doubt as to the level of my devotion to these two characters.

Epcot82Guy

I think this is a neat idea. I always loved the passports in Epcot as a kid for around the world. Same concept to a different Disney level here.

Now... if we could relegate the developments to characters costumes/areas INSTEAD of character attractions.... :D

Nicole220

Pumbaa? How on Earth are you going to find Pumbaa? I have never seen him as a walk around character......not that I wouldn't love to, since I am a HUGE fan of Timon & Pumbaa. But he's so in my mind as a 4 legged creature, that I can't imagine him as a walk around. Did they put that in there as a joke? Maggie

PS. My car tag is PUMBAA and I want my motorcyle tag to be TIMON, if there is any doubt as to the level of my devotion to these two characters.
Disney pulled it off with Bullseye the horse, so I guess they could do Pumbaa.

edit: Or they could do a broadway style Pumbaa: http://kublia.lionking.org/tlkob/Timpumc.JPG .....but that's doubtful.

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I hadn't even noticed Pumba until you mentioned it. I'm not sure how they will do that character and his autograph... I just hope its nothing like the Sebastian biped they tried / are trying.

My hope is that we'll be getting a request for a sitting Pumbaa that allows a person to sit inside and use the front appendages. Maybe somebody is already on that... I need to check.

Rob562

Anastasia was left off because of her name (her name could confuse guests into thinking she was a different Anastasia). Cinderella's wicked stepmother was left off for the same reason as Malificent - difficult to increase the number of meet and greets, and one of the more scary villains to our younger guests (believe it or not, Cruella was almost removed).

Both will sign in the "Special Meetings" section. Autographs in that section are also able to earn prizes.

I'd have thought that perhaps a dual page with "Wicked Stepsisters" as the title could be worked out... Either that, or leave both of their names off the list altogether.

I'm happy to see Kronk on there, but surprised at no Yzma. (I know, I know, "Special character"...)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom