Minor rehab: Grand Floridian Pool closed

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just got back from nine days at the World tonight. Will post trip information later.

For now the news from our resort (GF), at least two cast members who gave tours confirmed that the 24 hour pool with the hot tub is going down for a rehab. They did not give any details as to when it will reopen. I saw signs for its closure today as we left the resort.

Jose Eber

Yah, those rich people -- they suck. :rolleyes:

GF rates are at their cheapest right now...starts at $349. Rates have climbed though in the last 3 years or is it me.
:lookaroun

EDIT: Sorry, that's last years rates: this year they start at $359.

Teenchy

Oh NO!

Hope they are not coming over to Poly next week to swim..I'll be there and I dont like swimming with rich people..all that money floating around in the pool is a drag!:lol:

Guess it beats the floating Baby Ruth Bars in the All Star Resorts!

tink rules

Sorry... but us not so rich people who got the AAA Discount and shared the room to cut the cost like to hit the pool also....

Luckily they have 2.... pools that is...

Possibly yearly maintenance?

maxime29

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was thinking yearly maintenance myself. I do know the hot tub jets had to be primed it seemed like three times every day. It was probably the centerpiece of our vacation. We met a lot of interesting people and had lively conversations every night.

To Teenchy: We had a couple of families from the Poly come to the GF pool. There were reasons behind it though (girls trying to chase boys). Oh well.

And the whole "rich people" motif: I hope you guys don't say that to everyone. While it is one of the most expensive resorts at WDW the atmosphere is what attracts our family to stay there almost every year. We are willing to pay more of a premium to stay in a Garden View room over the Poly or Contemp. Hell, most of the people we've run into have been average people with jobs from a school teacher to a neuro surgeon. We haven't encountered a "snob" per say but then again I don't know what type of people stay in the lobby rooms either.

CaptainMichael

Was making a joke about the whole rich thing. It was directed at the average Grand Floridian guest, but a poke at that one person (at any resort) who thinks they are better than anyone else and deserve royal treatment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom