Minnie Vans Gone For Good?

tissandtully

Original Poster
The site that is owned by the grifter with the initials TC is reporting that Minnie Vans are being canceled completely and CMs and vehicle leases are being terminated.

Sad if true :(

TrainsOfDisney

What is their actual advantage over Uber/Lyft? As I understand it’s only access to car seats, but much more expensive than the others.

Disney CM is the driver, and it’s a Disney branded servic. I get the appeal, some people who visit Disney wouldn’t want to use Uber / Lyft. They would rather pay more for the Disney brand.

You also know what kind of car you’ll get.

Now I personally wouldn’t use it. I enjoy the Disney transport and the few times I’ve needed it I use Uber at Disney.

TrojanUSC

Not surprising. Seems unsafe for the drivers.

I would not be surprised, they were not being used fully on a good day.

They were almost fully used throughout the day. LOTS of airport rides. On-demand rides were often tough to get at off-peak times, almost impossible at peak times. They expanded the fleet to over 100+ vehicles by the end.

Going to the MK, you get dropped off at the Disney bus stop. Uber/Lyft can only take you to the TTC. That's the only time I've used a Minnie Van; otherwise I just use Lyft.

Hoop dee Doo is also a nice perk as they take you directly there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The site that is owned by the grifter with the initials TC is reporting that Minnie Vans are being canceled completely and CMs and vehicle leases are being terminated.

Sad if true :(
It would probably make sense to cancel the leases, but I don't think that it necessarily means that Minnie Vans are good for good. More vehicles could easily be leased again in the future and restarted.

Also interesting to note that these service began in July 2017. So we are now at the 3 year point, which is a typical lease length.

RememberWhen

We haven’t ever used the Minnie Vans. The pricing went way up before we got a chance, but they appeal far more than Uber or Lyft for families with multiple kids. Knowing that there will be 2 car seats available and that the CM should know where they are going and the best way to get there is very reassuring.
Plus they are fun to see. I’ll be sorry to see them go if they’re gone for good. But maybe it’s just for now.

natatomic

I can tell you right now, no Minnie Van drivers have heard this from any leader. Is that website know for false rumors a lot of the time? Not saying it couldn’t happen and it couldn’t be true, but I would at least take this with a grain of salt for now.

Last edited:

zero creativity

We wanted to use it on our last trip, but it must have been a peak time because it was a long wait. We took the bus instead. But I would definitely use it.

carolina_yankee

We’ve used Minnie Vans a couple of times when we just needed the escape valve, but it was never a key to our trip. They were useless for RotR due to their schedule and I would never use them for the airport. With a family it would be different.

If Disney is being super cautious, I can see the MVs going away for awhile. It’s a small, confined environment with close sitting and a need to totally disinfect between rides. Not worth the liability most likely.

Right now,I wouldn’t use Uber or Lyft either. We will drive ourselves or fly and rent a car and use Disney transportation until there is a vaccine or spread is way down. Driving is more likely.

CLEtoWDW

In the short term it makes sense to suspend the service given it would be nearly impossible to social distance in the van. However, I hope Disney isn’t making a short term solution a long term mistake.

carolina_yankee

In the short term it makes sense to suspend the service given it would be nearly impossible to social distance in the van. However, I hope Disney isn’t making a short term solution a long term mistake.

It’s not like Disney to leave money on the table. I’m quite confident the Minnie Vans will return when demand is there and it is safe to do so. At those prices, they had to be making a killing.

peter11435

It’s not like Disney to leave money on the table. I’m quite confident the Minnie Vans will return when demand is there and it is safe to do so. At those prices, they had to be making a killing.
Exactly. If Minnie Vans were profitable then they will return when it is safe and the demand is there.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I hope it’s just short term. I use it every time we go to Disney since it’s inception. The cast members are so kind and it’s a nice way after going to the parks all day to get some AC and a comfortable seat. They have to make a killing on the service so I’d imagine it will come back eventually.

Jdn0018

Exactly. If Minnie Vans were profitable then they will return when it is safe and the demand is there.

"You asked for it and Disney is delivering... the return of the Minnir Van's for a fixed rate price of $50 per ride." Marketing and a price increase so easily built in-- Disney can (and will) play up the idea that there is great demand... thus controlling the herd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom