Mini Soarin' Update

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Hey guys! I was going by the Soarin' construction site today, by the Beach Club Villas and between the tunnel. When my Dad drove by, I looked to the side of the building, which is now a military(not camouflage) green color. Maybe, with the green on the side, we might actually see what might be the covering for Canada. The covering of the roof is already done, in a sort of warehouse type roof. To the side of Soarin', there was another building, which was the same color(I'm guessing that's some sort of maintenance building). But what I noticed today, is that some metal framework is going on the side of the building(Backsatge side). Is this a emergency escape, or is it the tower depicted in the Soarin' poster? I hope this gives us SOME clue what will be the theme for Soarin'. :)

Shaman

t3techcom18 said:
But what I noticed today, is that some metal framework is going on the side of the building(Backsatge side). Is this a emergency escape, or is it the tower depicted in the Soarin' poster? I hope this gives us SOME clue what will be the theme for Soarin'. :)

Is the framework going up anywhere near the Canadian Pavilion...if so, then maybe the framework is for some rock work or a facade or something to better "hide" the Soarin' building...

...if not maybe they're setting up "The Land" wrecking crew...j/k...

DCL

I was just down there last week, and when I saw Soarin', the whole thing was covered in a blue covering, which completely blended it in to the sky. I only noticed it because I spent a good while staring over Canada looking for it.. hehe.. I don't know if they're gonna keep things as they are now, I doubt it... but I couldn't see the building, and I knew it was there

t3techcom18

Original Poster
objr said:
Is the framework going up anywhere near the Canadian Pavilion...if so, then maybe the framework is for some rock work or a facade or something to better "hide" the Soarin' building...

...if not maybe they're setting up "The Land" wrecking crew...j/k...

No it isn't going to the Canada Pavilion. If it were, it would be in the front, not the back. Also, the metal framework is literally being attatched to the backside of the building, so most probably it might be for decoration, or an emergency exit. Thing is, I didn't see ANY stairs around the site. That's why I'm suggesting that it might be the tower that is in the Soarin' poster that is located outside of Food Rocks in the Land. :animwink:

speck76

t3techcom18 said:
No it isn't going to the Canada Pavilion. If it were, it would be in the front, not the back. Also, the metal framework is literally being attatched to the backside of the building, so most probably it might be for decoration, or an emergency exit. Thing is, I didn't see ANY stairs around the site. That's why I'm suggesting that it might be the tower that is in the Soarin' poster that is located outside of Food Rocks in the Land. :animwink:

I see no tower in the poster (pic is of sign, but poster is the same)

Maybe it is for the maint..crew to access the room

DarkMeasures

Backstage colors make me sad. I could barely see the building from Bus parking and it is impossible to see Soarin in Future World and I didn't go to World Showcase.

Pioneer Hall

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
i think soarin should go through all the countries in world showcase. to me that would make the most sense out of anything.

That was what we thought would happen. when rumors about this ride started flying around a few years ago. But, I don't think an overview of the land is a bad idea either, because that is what the pavilion is about. All those things you see on Living with the Land should now be seen on Soarin'. It should showcase everything this country has to offer.

ToTBellHop

If they didn't tell you it was California, despite a few obvious images of San Francisco and LA (although if you aren't familiar with LA, it's just big city America) as well as Disneyland (and any flyover of Disneyland is always welcomed!), you would think it is a tour of all of the natural habitats of America (I suppose Palm Springs is also clearly Californian...even so, these are only four scenes that would possibly need to be shown, and even a couple of them could stay--California is part of America :)), from the ocean and beaches to the desert to forests to mountain waterfalls to snow-capped peaks for skiing to orange groves (certainly not exclusive to Cali). I really don't think most guests would think anything of it if they weren't told it was Cali :) That's the great thing about making an attraction about (arguably) the most beautiful state in America (I'm not even a Californian and it is absolutely gorgeous...)

Case in point: view from the Sun Wheel at Cali Adventure

Now you know why it's not Soarin' Over Florida ;)

t3techcom18

Original Poster
speck76 said:
Maybe it is for the maint..crew to access the room

Drove by there today, and you are right. It is a maintenance entrance. Sorry to give everyone's hopes up. BUT since they had the doors open, I noticed that the mechanism for hoisting the gliders is mostly there. I guess what the construction people are waiting now is just to finish the mechanism, and to put up the gliders themselves. That's a good sign. :animwink:

speck76

I was at Epcot tonight with Rob and Paul. Although the Soarin side that faces WS is finished, and blends in with the sky during the day, it is lit with flood lights at night, and looks different from the back side of WS after dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom