Mini golf course?

PurpleRose

Original Poster
I will be at the World next week and will be using one of the days to try out one of the mini golf courses. Has anyone been to both of them, if so, which one is better? Any tips for this would be great. Thanks in advance.

Chrononymous

I like tricked out courses with little surprises and interesting effects...so for me, the Fantasia Gardens is preferred.

You can also have a good time at the Winter Summerland courses (I liked Summer slightly more than Winter) which both have cute props and tricky holes...but they don't have quite the inventiveness of the Fantasia in my opinion.

materbuddy

Fantasia Gardens is the better of the 2. It's a little more challenging than Winter/Summerland and its more convenient to get to as well. Especially if you are going in the evening.

Agreed to the post above, all are great. My fav is the fairways but I actually play "real" golf. I actually use it to practice for the rest of the vacation. But if I just want to have fun and not worry about my putting stroke the gardens course (the course based on fantasia) is the one I choose

HornsofaSteer

While I have been to both I keep coming back to Winter/Summerland golf. This is because it always seems to be easier to get to because they run busses to Blizard Beach. [Though I believe your resort may give you a shuttle to get there and pick you up as well, something to ask about when you get there.]

I also enjoy the atmosphere of Winter/Summerland with the Christmas music they play and the puns before the holes. Its been a little while since going to Fantasia golf but I can tell you that Winter/Sumerland has several interactive elements as well.

Enjoy! :)

DizneyPryncess

I've been to both places, and golfed both courses at each. Fantasia Gardens, the garden course, is my favorite. It's fun & interactive, with not too easy or too hard of holes. The Fairways course I play w/my husband sometimes, but I find it frustrating & impossible. He is a golfer, so he loves it. It's not themed at all, no tricks or anything like that like the Gardens course.

Winter/Summerland isn't very "Disney" to me - it's just a nice themed mini-golf course. There are some interactive aspects to it, but the holes are very short & I think easy. I don't think it has quite the detail of the Gardens. But it's a nice change if you've done the Gardens many times. :)

Texas84

You must do them all at least once. My ranking:

1) Fairways (I'm a golfer, very tough, not for the kids)
2) Fantasia (#1 for the non-golfing general public)
3) Winter/Summerland (#1 for little kids, might as well do both at once)

I heard Fairways used to be real grass but it was too much to maintain. Don't know if that is true but that sure would be awesome!

WDWScottieBoy

I love them all, but for more of a challenge go to Fantasia. The Winter Summerland seemed a bit easier to me. What made it nicer was when playing in the heat of the summer there was more shade there than at Fantasia though.

I heard Fairways used to be real grass but it was too much to maintain. Don't know if that is true but that sure would be awesome!

No it was always AstroTurf. They did used to have actual sand traps filled with sand but people couldn't escape them and would hit full swing shots. Now they are filled with rocks and if you hit into them you get to place it back in the fairway

thelookingglass

Winter Summerland I actually found to have better, more immersive theming... but it was just too easy. Most of the holes are tiny and I found myself getting holes in 1 without even trying. Its probably the ideal course if you have really young kids, though.

Fantasia Gardens is more appropriately challenging and has more "tricks".

Emyli Mouse

Discount

My husband and I went to Fantasia and we had a blast. He has done Fairways in the past there and liked that as well, it's just totally different from what we think of as a mini-golf course.

Just another tip: they do a deal where any games you play in the next 24 hours are 1/2 price, so you could do one and then the other and save some money. I couldn't believe how expensive mini-golf was! It's been a long time since I've played.

OklaHoops

Mini Golf

I concur with the rest of the group that Fantasia is the best. We have played there many times and had a lot of fun. Just make sure you play early morning or early evening because it can be a very hot adventure.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom