Minecraft EPCOT Center Historical Tribute

Mickeynerd17

Original Poster
It's been quite a while since I've updated this thread, but a ton of progress has been made on the world making it more realistic along with a new map version.

For starters, Wonders of Life is finished.
2020_10_17_11.00.14.jpg

A new entrance, parking lot, and the monorail have been installed.

2020_10_26_13.44.12.jpg
2020_10_26_13.44.23.jpg

Now, the current construction project is on Horizons, where I'm basically rebuilding the entire pavilion almost completely from scratch. Check out the progress here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/horizons-an-epcot-center-minecraft-tribute.971035/#post-9548289

BoarderPhreak

This is beyond cool. Having just gotten into MC this year (ikr?!) thanks to my DD... Can't wait to give this world map a spin with a couple of shaders. Will post some screenshots.

Mickeynerd17

Original Poster
This is beyond cool. Having just gotten into MC this year (ikr?!) thanks to my DD... Can't wait to give this world map a spin with a couple of shaders. Will post some screenshots.
Thanks! There are many great photo opportunities in the park!

As a note, running on shaders will cause lag on lower-end devices due to the sheer volume of blocks and detail in the park, so watch out for that!

BoarderPhreak

Thanks! There are many great photo opportunities in the park!

As a note, running on shaders will cause lag on lower-end devices due to the sheer volume of blocks and detail in the park, so watch out for that!
That there are! I actually enjoy that aspect of the parks almost as much as the rides. 🤔

I have heavy metal hardware. No worries. 🤘

BoarderPhreak

I was all set to try the map with the SEUS PTGI shader but it seems you have to drop the contents of the zip into the root of your Minecraft folder... Do you need all the resources, etc. that come with it? I'd rather just drop the map into the Saves folder...

Mickeynerd17

Original Poster
I was all set to try the map with the SEUS PTGI shader but it seems you have to drop the contents of the zip into the root of your Minecraft folder... Do you need all the resources, etc. that come with it? I'd rather just drop the map into the Saves folder...
Are you talking specifically about the map? If you downloaded from MCPEDL, then it should be a .mcworld file where you just open the file and the import will start. There are directions on the site.

I personally would include all the resources because anything missing could affect the map.

BoarderPhreak

Are you talking specifically about the map? If you downloaded from MCPEDL, then it should be a .mcworld file where you just open the file and the import will start. There are directions on the site.

I personally would include all the resources because anything missing could affect the map.
That's what I figured - and that thought about the resources did cross my mind. Okay, will look at it more closely tomorrow.

Mickeynerd17

Original Poster
After two months of hard work, Horizons has been rebuilt as the most accurate pavilion on the map! See the entire attraction with source audio here:

Mickeynerd17

Original Poster
The next tribute has been released, this time on the Wonders of Life pavilion! Check out the construction process and take a full tour of the pavilion with source music from the BGM loop here:

Mickeynerd17

Original Poster
Modeled, moving animatronics, detailed scenes closely depicting the original park. Accurate structures, pathways, and exhibits.

World showcase will be present as well with its rides, restaurants, and shows.

All of this is coming real soon.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The next tribute has been released, this time on the Wonders of Life pavilion! Check out the construction process and take a full tour of the pavilion with source music from the BGM loop here:

I really appreciate the effort put into this build... WoL has a whole lot of childhood nostalgia for me.

I also like the idea of the pre-show area being its own dedicated room instead of an extension of the hall.

Mickeynerd17

Original Poster
I really appreciate the effort put into this build... WoL has a whole lot of childhood nostalgia for me.

I also like the idea of the pre-show area being its own dedicated room instead of an extension of the hall.
Glad you enjoyed!

WoL was particularly difficult for me to construct mainly because of the interior and because there really isn't a "rideable" element either thanks to simulators.

Now, when I redo WoL, I plan to have an actual, rideable Body Wars and possibly a working CC as well. Time will tell if that comes to fruition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom