Mine Train thru Natures Wonderland coming back? RUMOR

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
Saw this over on the Micechat forums and thought it was really interesting.
https://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/i-VhTwsBj/0/O/i-VhTwsBj-O.png
This new poster that was put up by the train in frontierland and the words "via the Mine Train thru Rainbow Caverns" has been replaced by "Via the Disneyland Railroad". This is a vintage poster but I believe it could be hinting at some scenes making a comeback with the railroad having to be rerouted. The other posters around this one are of current attractions as well.

Here is the link for the original poster. http://discuss.micechat.com/filedata/fetch?id=8432718&d=1454185683&type=medium

mickEblu

This would be really cool. Now hopefully since the DLRR is down anyway they could do something about the Toontown to Tomorrowland portion of the track.

D

Deleted member 107043

I thought that the caverns on the first lift hill on BTMRR was supposed to be a tribute to Rainbow Caverns. Supposing this rumor is true it be weird to have two sets of railway caves with a similar display in the park and in Frontierland. Those details aside, it would be nice to have some interesting animated animal displays as you pass through the land on the DLRR. And please add some to the Adventureland section of the route too!

dweezil78

I thought that the caverns on the first lift hill on BTMRR was supposed to be a tribute to Rainbow Caverns. Supposing this rumor is true it be weird to have two sets of railway caves with a similar display in the park and in Frontierland. Those details aside, it would be nice to have some interesting animated animal displays as you pass through the land on the DLRR. And please add some to the Adventureland section of the route too!

It definitely is. That said, the Rainbow Caverns were just one part of the mine train -- and a later addition that received its own unique poster (see below.) This poster is just for Nature's Wonderland in general and I could totally see that as what they are going for with the new track renovations along the river which would be very cool! Rumors also keep indicating there are no plans to remove the old remnants of the mine train caves in back of Big Thunder which I've found to be an interesting detail -- would be really neat to see them somehow incorporate that into the route! Could be all wishful thinking, but definitely is interesting to see that they've taken the time to edit the poster when they could have just as easily thrown up the original one as a throwback.

pic22.jpg

BubbaQuest

If you look at the artwork Disney released earlier this month for the new ROA, it appears you will be able to see the Native American village and some kind of rock structure from the train. Maybe a return of Cascade Peak?

I'm assuming Disney is going to try to make this a vista from the train to hide that fact there is a giant show build on the other side of the tracks.

Californian Elitist

I could see Disney putting elements of Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland somewhere along the DLRR, but as far as the entire ride coming back, I don't see that happening at all.

mickEblu

Oh no the ride isn't coming back. I don't think anywhere here thought that or at least I didn't. I think they're just finding a clever way to market some of the new/ old elements of Natures Wonderland along the new portion of the DLRR. And hopefully including a little trip through rainbow caverns.

Curious Constance

I'm so excited to see the changes to the train journey. I think this really will be a huge improvement over the existing route. I can't WAIT to see how the waterfalls turn out. I'm a sucker for waterfalls. For me, I think it will make it more of an "attraction" on that side of the route rather than just a transportation mechanism.

TP2000

I don't think this poster means anything, they just changed the verbiage to relate to current Disneyland since the Mine Train ride was closed and torn out 40 years ago.

Judging by the WDI artwork, I'm not sure you'll even be able to see the new Indian Village from the trains either.

o0snuv-b88612868z.120160111071638000g8qe7759.80.jpg

But, there's a lot they can do with this dramatically more Imagineered train route and scenery. This is going to be a huge improvement over the boring route past overgrown shrubs and through a corrugated metal tunnel that's been there for the last 50+ years.

D

Deleted member 107043

Maybe a return of Cascade Peak?

I noticed that detail too. If you compare the scale of the rockwork to the Mark Twain it's very large - maybe not as tall as Cascade Peak was and without the trio of waterfalls, but it's definitely a good sized structure.

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
I could see Disney putting elements of Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland somewhere along the DLRR, but as far as the entire ride coming back, I don't see that happening at all.
I dont think it would be bringing the ride back but the simple fact it say "Via The disneyland railroad" makes me think that they may bring a scene or two back to the railroad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom