Miltary Tickets and DDP?

P-3 FE

I have already purchased the military discounted tickets and was wondering if I can add any of the DDP to them? I am still in Iraq and will be going to the World September 10-15.
Thanks,
P-3 FE:sohappy:

yekcoh_99

I have already purchased the military discounted tickets and was wondering if I can add any of the DDP to them? I am still in Iraq and will be going to the World September 10-15.
Thanks,
P-3 FE:sohappy:

Yes you can you just have to buy a 1 day ticket even though you already bought the military tix. We did this in 2009 when I came back from Afghanistan, Currently I am in Eskan Village KSA. Good Luck and hope you won't be going back anytime soon.

Upvote 0

cdswanda

Yes you can, and no you do not need to buy an additonal days. You just have to stay on Disney Property not Shades of Green. We did this last summer.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You can, but whether it's worth it to you is the question.

Presumably the tickets you bought were for the full time you plan to be at WDW. To get DDP, you have to buy a minimum of a two-day base ticket for each member of your party and stay at a Disney resort. If you plan on returning to WDW at some time in the future, you can use those two-day base tickets on that future trip [but you'll have paid $172.53 for each adult and $156.50 for each child 3-9] to upgrade to whatever you need for tickets. You won't be able to have DDP on the second trip unless you buy more tickets then...

If you don't plan on returning, that investment is pretty high for your trip.

You should look closely at what you expect your costs for food to be versus the added cost of extra tickets. I'm guessing the discounted Military tickets are worth more to you savings-wise than getting DDP.

EDIT: If the above poster is correct and you don't need to buy base tickets as well, then I stand corrected... I wasn't aware that was possible....

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Hi P3-FE! Thank you for your service!

Cdswanda is correct, if you are staying at a Disney resort with the military salute package (40% off :sohappy:), you can add the dining plan without buying tickets. It's a great deal!:)

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
My family got the discounted room rate AND were able to add the dining plan without buying any base ticket from WDW. We were not staying at SOG. HOWEVER, the military discounted tickets @ 99.00 are only 4 day tickets. Your dates are longer than than the four days. You might look into the free dining offers from disney. SOG rooms are more expensive than a value resort room if you can get a discount. I'd contact Kingdom Konsultants and see what deals they can get for you. They will tell you the best way to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom