Millionaire Memories From The Hot Seat

GenerationX

I was in the Hot Seat a couple of weeks ago. After the first five questions, I was in 7th place. Three questions later, the contestant lost. When they showed the leaderboard, I kept waiting for my seat number to come up, and it was at the top. I was so excited (as were my kids and wife).

I won the hat, shirt, lanyard, and a bunch of pins. Missed a question I had a good feeling about. Oh, well.

Best part: the audience was so supportive - clapping enthusiastically with every right answer I had. It was especially cool to see my kids cheering for me.

Worst part: the 45 second timer on the Hot Seat screen. I like to think things through, and it made me feel rushed.

Luckily, I've done a ton of public speaking with my job, so the lights, microphone, and audience didn't make me nervous at all. What a fun attraction this was!

DisneyDefenders

Original Poster
No Height Restriction

One of the fondest memories I will take with me is from the last day the attraction was open. Of all the times I was able to experience Who Wants To Be A Millionaire: Play It, I had never seen any of these really young kids get into the Hot Seat, so seeing a 4 year old in the chair was truly a special moment on the last day the best attraction to ever come to Walt Disney World was open!

metscool

Sadly I never was in the "Hot Seat". The closest I got to the hot seat I was in the top 10. And I was in the Fastest Finger seats and that was it.

durangojim

I remember the hot seat on New Year's Day 2002. My fiance had been in the hot seat the night before -- New Years Eve 2001 while we were at MGM celebrating the new year. We had so much fun the night before, we decided to come back on New Year's Day, so I was lucky enough to get in the hot seat and yep, I made it to the million point question and "the crowd went nuts" Anyway I didn't get the answer right, or so I thought, until a gentleman came up to me after the end of the game and told me to talk to Disney because he was sure I had given the correct answer. To make a long story short, I called a friend who hopped on the internet and found that I had been correct, so I called Disney, and viola, 12 hours later, I was the first person in 2002 to win WWTBAMPI, I never got the baloon drop, but that's ok, I'll always be millionaire #29.

By the way, does anyone know how many people won over the years?

oh man, i loved this attraction. sooo bummed that it's closed now, this was always one of my fave parts of disney since it opened. this year i got to go to the ESPN edition, with stuart scott and bucky lasek helping out, i loved that, as a big sports fan.

i was in the hot seat one of the first times i went, and let me just say that i'm one of those trivia nerds who always gets every question right while playing along, but once i was in the chair with the lights in my face and my face on all those huge screens, it was like a whole different game...didn't get very far, and the question i got wrong was one i clearly knew the answer to, but it was still fun. i've been in the leaderboard just about every time i went, and the last time i saw the show was in august, and i was #2 most of the show, which was kinda disappointing, but at the same time, i was a CM so it was prob for the best.

one last memory...went with my 4 of my roommates and one didn't want to watch the show, so she stayed outside, and when they phoned a complete stranger, she answered the phone. the 4 of us who were in the theater were in complete hysterics and everyone seated around us quickly figured out that we knew the person on the phone, it was pretty priceless.

TrentMom

I remember the hot seat on New Year's Day 2002. My fiance had been in the hot seat the night before -- New Years Eve 2001 while we were at MGM celebrating the new year. We had so much fun the night before, we decided to come back on New Year's Day, so I was lucky enough to get in the hot seat and yep, I made it to the million point question and "the crowd went nuts" Anyway I didn't get the answer right, or so I thought, until a gentleman came up to me after the end of the game and told me to talk to Disney because he was sure I had given the correct answer. To make a long story short, I called a friend who hopped on the internet and found that I had been correct, so I called Disney, and viola, 12 hours later, I was the first person in 2002 to win WWTBAMPI, I never got the baloon drop, but that's ok, I'll always be millionaire #29.

By the way, does anyone know how many people won over the years?

So, what did you win? I never made it there to see any game played and am not familiar with what a person gets who gets the last question right.

Thanks
Trentmom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom