Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm confused with how we're going to load from the chess room. If there's multiple groups in the chess room waiting for a pod, and they call for one group to load, shouldn't the rest of us in the chess room be passengers at that point for those 6 that just loaded and are flying the MF. And if a few minutes later they call for another group, doesn't that break the illusion that there is only one MF. I'm curious what the load spiel will be and if it will keep the continuity.

The assumption is that every few minutes something crashes into the cockpit and everyone is sucked out into space, the next group will then be the replacement crew.

Rogue1138

It does hurt that Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and the gang aren't part of Galaxy’s Edge. It’s all about the new characters. Rey, Kylo and the other two guys(forget their names at the moment). However Disney has done a great job creating a land where you are the central character and it will be a huge success.

For some it will hurt not having the core characters, just like for some having no Prequel characters will hurt. If you look at the logistics of it, Disney couldn't continue on the path or cranking out sequel after sequel to the Originals. Harrison is 77 this year, Mark will be 68 and Carrie has left this world. Focusing on the new movies will be relevant for the next twenty years. My boys are four and two respectively and they love the new stuff and the old stuff. That is the market Disney is aiming for. For the first time ever Star Wars is not generational, people seem to forget that.

Scrooged

For some it will hurt not having the core characters, just like for some having no Prequel characters will hurt. If you look at the logistics of it, Disney couldn't continue on the path or cranking out sequel after sequel to the Originals. Harrison is 77 this year, Mark will be 68 and Carrie has left this world. Focusing on the new movies will be relevant for the next twenty years. My boys are four and two respectively and they love the new stuff and the old stuff. That is the market Disney is aiming for. For the first time ever Star Wars is not generational, people seem to forget that.

Magenta Panther

Come on, all little boys care about is the "banging together of the plastic toys". Weaponry will always fascinate them, and they don't care about the characters wielding those weapons.

I remember seeing the first prequel. I was bored stiff. None of the new characters were any good. I wanted characters I could care about, that I could root for. Jar Jar and Baby Anakin didn't cut it. Neither does Rey, even though she has the miraculous ability to master the Force much sooner than Luke did. But then Luke was a white male, amiright? The future is female, after all. :rolleyes:

I frickin' LOVE The Empire Strikes Back. That feeling has nothing to do with nostalgia. It's just a great fun thrilling poignant film, even today. It holds up because of the characters and the script. Unfortunately Kathleen Kennedy wanted to make New Star Wars more modern and woke and inclusive and diverse and representative and forgot to make it fun. Yeah I watched a bit of The Force Awakens, turned it off. Rehash of A New Hope with bloodless characters and feh on it.

Scrooged

Come on, all little boys care about is the "banging together of the plastic toys". Weaponry will always fascinate them, and they don't care about the characters wielding those weapons.

I remember seeing the first prequel. I was bored stiff. None of the new characters were any good. I wanted characters I could care about, that I could root for. Jar Jar and Baby Anakin didn't cut it. Neither does Rey, even though she has the miraculous ability to master the Force much sooner than Luke did. But then Luke was a white male, amiright? The future is female, after all. :rolleyes:

I frickin' LOVE The Empire Strikes Back. That feeling has nothing to do with nostalgia. It's just a great fun thrilling poignant film, even today. It holds up because of the characters and the script. Unfortunately Kathleen Kennedy wanted to make New Star Wars more modern and woke and inclusive and diverse and representative and forgot to make it fun. Yeah I watched a bit of The Force Awakens, turned it off. Rehash of A New Hope with bloodless characters and feh on it.

ed fisher

Can’t wait until I get stuck with some 7 year old who can’t pilot the ship and repeatedly slams us into walls for the whole time.

Wish it was like Mission Space where you can “interact” but it doesn’t matter in the end.
More likely the 7 year old will be the gaming star and will be held back by the 50 + year old adults who think that the ship runs by the up and down arrow keys on a key board.

ThistleMae

Satire alert
What...I hope not! This is supposed to be one of the best, most exciting rides built today. I hope the article is wrong.

The Grand Inquisitor

I agree but also disagree. I'm not sure how though. :hilarious:

The Grand Inquisitor

But back on topic will there be multiple rooms with Hondo like what they did with mission breakout with rocket? Also is there going to be a robot sidekick with Hondo in the queue? ( I thought I read that in a article somewhere)

tomast

Io9 article on Smuggler's Run here

Highlights:

"There are several amazing things about this cockpit. One is that it feels like it’s the only cockpit."
-Obviously, we knew about this, but it's nice to hear the effect is convincing.

"The other amazing thing about the cockpit is that being inside it is damn near a religious experience.
"Every button and switch works. The handle you pull down for lightspeed has a nice weight to it. You’ll probably have to divert power to specific deflector shields. It’s glorious."

"Pilots fly, gunners shoot, and engineers repair. And while it may seem like you’d really only want to be a pilot, working together ensures a more exciting ride and the ride’s designers assured us all three stations are equally fun and rewarding."

"When the ride is over, Hondo will assess your group and give you your cut of the earnings. A cut that can, somehow, be used in other parts of the larger story."
One is that it feels like it’s the only cockpit

???? what does it means that?? its not the only cockpit??? or you can see the others??? like soaring or the simpsons ride on universal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom