Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

Magenta Panther

Still does depending who you ask. You do still have Chewie and Yoda makes an "appearance" in a certain area. This land draws form more than just the films too. The TV series and comics even.

Yeah, and all of the prequels/sequels had auxiliary characters from the original trilogy too.

Yet, somehow, they still sucked.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Yeah, and all of the prequels/sequels had auxiliary characters from the original trilogy too.

Yet, somehow, they still sucked.
I disliked the prequels too. I did think TFA was a good movie if not a bit redundant.

I know this is your home park so it is personal to you. I just hope you disdain for what was not included doesn’t stop you from enjoying what is there.

I am super excited to go on a mission in the Falcon but I also enjoy the new version of Star Tours that doesn’t include Han or Luke.

Bender123

The vast majority of voice roles are done by a small group of voice actors, so it could be argued that most of them are overused.

Just watch Rebels...Every Storm Trooper and extra Imperial officer is voiced by the same guy...Steve Blum.

Anybody who ever has seen Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Big O and any number of other Anime/animated shows will instantly pick that voice up.

RSoxNo1

Reviews are becoming increasingly more consistent, the ride itself may only be marginally better than Star Tours. Star Tours is a great ride, but I think most of us had higher expectations than that.

The good thing is that the reviews of the rest of the land are overwhelmingly positive. Here's hoping that Rise of the Resistance opens as the top attraction in the world and the land is an overall success.

Rteetz

Reviews are becoming increasingly more consistent, the ride itself may only be marginally better than Star Tours. Star Tours is a great ride, but I think most of us had higher expectations than that.

The good thing is that the reviews of the rest of the land are overwhelmingly positive. Here's hoping that Rise of the Resistance opens as the top attraction in the world and the land is an overall success.
I think part of the issue with reviews is the position you get. People seem to be more positive in the pilot position than the others.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I've always felt this land would have a similar setup and guest reaction as Pandora. Very nice land to be in (when its empty or at least low numbers), one top notch ride, one so-so.

dreday3

And also your experience can vary drastically, depending on if the screaming 8 year old in the pilot's seat crashes you into a space gungan.

Or if the complaining engineer ruins the pilots good time because the engineer thinks the pilot isn't doing well enough!

Reading reviews I'm so nervous that I will be assigned pilot (which I would like to try) and some super fan will get all upset because I got us killed or something. I sure hope people don't act like idiots. :)

JohnD

I've always been looking forward to ROTR way more than SR. However, I feel like the criticism I'm mostly seeing is complaints about the performance of others in their roles. In my opinion ... who cares? If the ship bumps into things that's part of the experience.

Exactly. Whining because someone screws up? Isn't that supposed to be part of the experience? The randomness of ST is the random scenes you get. The randomness of MF:SR is the randomness of the guests you board with. You never know what will happen. It's not like this thing is TSMM which has been around a while giving regulars the opportunity to get better and better. Some people need to lighten up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom