Military ticket and Magic Band

jenmouse

Original Poster
We are visiting WDW at the end of January and are staying at AKL and have received our Magic Bands in the mail. However, because we plan to make use of the military ticket promotion and can't activate our tickets until we arrive at the parks the first day, are we going to be out of luck with Magic Band fastpasses "used up" and unable to obtain paper fast passes? Maybe we will end up with paper ticket and the Magic Band and the paper ticket will still allow for a paper fast pass? Or, are there same Magic Band fast passes held back for same day use?

stevehousse

Is there a number or any kin of ticket code on your military tickets? I would try linking them to see if they work. I hve never used military tickets before so I really don't know, but it's worth a shot!

If you hav to wait until your first park visit, you should still be able to get the rides you want...

cspencer96

We are visiting WDW at the end of January and are staying at AKL and have received our Magic Bands in the mail. However, because we plan to make use of the military ticket promotion and can't activate our tickets until we arrive at the parks the first day, are we going to be out of luck with Magic Band fastpasses "used up" and unable to obtain paper fast passes? Maybe we will end up with paper ticket and the Magic Band and the paper ticket will still allow for a paper fast pass? Or, are there same Magic Band fast passes held back for same day use?
Try going to Link Tickets in My Disney Experience, and see if you can enter a code from your confirmation or voucher (or whatever you have), as @stevehousse said. Many AP holders have to do this, and even though they still have to activate the pass upon arrival, it allows them to book FP+ in advance. As an aside, if at the time you visit there haven't been many advancements in the MyMagic+ rollout, and the scenario is similar to how it is at the present, you shouldn't have much trouble booking same day or next day FP+. We didn't, at least. Good luck! A all to MyMagic+ tech support may also help you - contrary to what many say on these boards, they are usually pretty helpful!

jenmouse

Original Poster
Try going to Link Tickets in My Disney Experience, and see if you can enter a code from your confirmation or voucher (or whatever you have), as @stevehousse said. Many AP holders have to do this, and even though they still have to activate the pass upon arrival, it allows them to book FP+ in advance. As an aside, if at the time you visit there haven't been many advancements in the MyMagic+ rollout, and the scenario is similar to how it is at the present, you shouldn't have much trouble booking same day or next day FP+. We didn't, at least. Good luck! A all to MyMagic+ tech support may also help you - contrary to what many say on these boards, they are usually pretty helpful!

jenmouse

Original Poster
Thank you! My sister is trying to find a commissary that has the promotional tickets in stock so we can skip a trip to Shades of Green and see if there is a way to link to our magic bands now! I appreciate the feedback!

Texas84

Visit or call your base rec center. They might give you a voucher but others have reported it has a code that can be used for FP+. SoG gives out vouchers now but they did not have codes when we went in November. We had to go to the gate and swap the vouchers before using FP+. Maybe that will change.

Long Time Gone

This discount does also NOT apply to Disabled Veterans unless they are 100% disabled. I'm am disappointed in Disney that they refuse to offer this program to our men and women with Service Connected Disabilities and proof of such via a Veteran's Administration ID card. Thousands of Veterans receive care from the VA on a regular basis for injuries sustained while in Service. Many of these injuries may not qualify to be 100% Didabled, yet they are still disabilities sustained while in active service. Disney will, however, offer this program to a brand new Reservist who is fresh out of Basic Training and hasn't served his or her Reaerve unit a single day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom