Military Discount park tickets?

AliBite

So I'm a little concerned- we have all of our flights/resorts/dining all reserved, but since we're doing the military tickets we don't have any tickets until we get to shades of green to buy them directly. I'm terrifed something will go wrong or they'll run out of tickets or something. The castmember I spoke to said that as long as he has his military ID that everything will be fine. Do they have a limited number of 'stars and stripes' tickets? And the stars and stripes promotion is a 4-day park hopper but we're staying for 6 days, can we just buy two day tickets on top of those?

(First time at disney if you couldn't tell :()

bhunt

I am military and have stayed at SoG several times. Buying the tickets at the SoG ticket desk is VERY simple. They won't run out. And yes, you CAN buy two-day tickets in addition to your 4-day hoppers, but talk to them about it, they may have another option.

Upvote 0

pdkknelson

I just returned from my first stay at SoG and you will want to buy your military discounted tickets in advance. SoG will send you an email about a week before your visit with a form you fill out to purchase your park tickets. If you don't get this email, call them. You can only fax this form back to them. Don't ask me why you cannot email it but it's time for them to move into this millennium. Once you do this your tickets will be waiting for you at the check-in desk the day you arrive. Waiting to buy them until you get there may be problematic due to the ticket office's hours of operation. Don't waste time waiting in line or waiting for them to open and buy them in advance.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
MWR vs SOG ticket desk ? Its a wash IMHO. If you're there when it first opens up there's going to be a line and its painfully slow as the folks at the counter go over all the possible options with each customer for the best fit. Mid afternoon ? Easy Breezy.

If you are a night owl then there might be a problem as they keep bankers' hours.

Upvote 0
We stay at SoG often and purchase tickets there. Super easy. We do usually buy them ahead of time and have them waiting for us when we get there, using the form mentioned above. They won't run out of tickets, there isn't a designated amount of stars and stripes, you'll be good to go.

Upvote 0

AliBite

Original Poster
We're actually staying at the contemporary, but we just need our tickets from SoG, unfortunately we don't have a base anywhere near by. We're going to disney because my boyfriend is deploying on his second tour in June. Can we fax the forms and everything before we go even if we're not staying in Shades of Green? And all he needs to show is his CAC card right?

Thank you so much everyone!

Upvote 0

pdkknelson

I am not sure you can get advance tickets without having a SoG reservation. It is SoG that would send you the form you need to fax. It is certainly worth asking about. Give them a call and ask the best way to get advance tickets while staying at Contemp.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

I would check with them. I have read that you can now get your tickets 30 - 40 days in advance because of fast pass +.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom