Miles Over Tomorrowland

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Looks like Disney Junior's going to get a Tomorrowland-based show prominently featuring the Peoplemover.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-miles-tomorrowland-premiere-disney-junior-2015-64624/

133016_01_ful.jpg

Production has begun on the animated series “Miles From Tomorrowland,” a space adventure for preschoolers. Slated to debut in 2015 on Disney Junior channels and programming blocks around the world, the series follows the outer space voyages of young adventurer Miles and his family. The announcement was made today by Nancy Kanter, Senior Vice President, Original Programming and General Manager, Disney Junior Worldwide.

Kanter said, “We hope this series will influence a child’s interest in science and technology by introducing them at an early age to the exciting world of space exploration, how things work and what lies beyond the here and now.”

Set in outer space, the series charts the missions of the Callisto family – 7-year-old Miles, big sister Loretta and their scientist parents Phoebe and Leo, who work for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Each episode features two 11-minute adventure-filled stories as Miles and his family explore strange new worlds, taking young viewers and their families on a journey that fuels kids’ natural interest in the universe, and at the same time reminding them that what matters most is what lies closer to home – the family bond.

“Miles From Tomorrowland” is a production of Wild Canary in association with Disney Junior. Emmy-nominated Sascha Paladino (“Henry Hugglemonster,” “Ni Hao, Kai-lan”) is creator and executive producer and Emmy-nominated Paul Demeyer (“Duckman,” “Rugrats in Paris”) is director.

Read more: 'Miles from Tomorrowland' to Premiere on Disney Junior in 2015 - Disney News by StitchKingdom.com

StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

Cmdr_Crimson

Allow Me to be the first to say....

You know what this means right? If for some really stupid reason they add this little twerp to the best ride in the Magic Kingdom and I have to hear his squeaky voice throughout Tomorrowland..
2201938_o.gif

FigmentJedi

Original Poster

You know what this means right? If for some really stupid reason they add this little twerp to the best ride in the Magic Kingdom and I have to hear his squeaky voice throughout Tomorrowland..
2201938_o.gif

Can't be any worse then the current narration removing any sense of Tomorrowland as a living, working place and just advertising attractions you drive by with random character voices chiming in. I can picture a narration with the kid's parents showing you around the neighborhood or something.

Cmdr_Crimson

Can't be any worse then the current narration removing any sense of Tomorrowland as a living, working place and just advertising attractions you drive by with random character voices chiming in. I can picture a narration with the kid's parents showing you around the neighborhood or something.

If they just left it the way it was prior to the new spiel I would have been delighted..

Captain Chaos

That new narration kills me... And something tells me, if this show is a success, we can surmise how Tomorrowland in WDW will be rethemed...

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
That new narration kills me... And something tells me, if this show is a success, we can surmise how Tomorrowland in WDW will be rethemed...
If anything, Miles would be a side-dish in an overhauled Tomorrowland. The main course would probably be Brad Bird's Tomorrowland movie starring George Clooney and that Space Mountain movie being written by Chronicle's Max Landis. Hell, Disney Channel's Wander Over Yonder is taking a ton of design cues from Ward Kimball's old Tomorrowland Space featurettes for the Disneyland TV show.

All this stuff featuring Tomorrowland attractions is the most aggressive Disney's been with making a parks thing into a franchise since Pirates.

Sped2424

2201938_o.gif

And I get called ridiculous for thinking they wont do the same thing with maelstrom over at norway! I totally could see disney rethemeing it with a meet and greet at the end or something especially if this show does well.

Cmdr_Crimson

If anything, Miles would be a side-dish in an overhauled Tomorrowland. The main course would probably be Brad Bird's Tomorrowland movie starring George Clooney and that Space Mountain movie being written by Chronicle's Max Landis. Hell, Disney Channel's Wander Over Yonder is taking a ton of design cues from Ward Kimball's old Tomorrowland Space featurettes for the Disneyland TV show.

All this stuff featuring Tomorrowland attractions is the most aggressive Disney's been with making a parks thing into a franchise since Pirates.

Let's not forget Meet The Robinson's. They tried, Hoped...and Failed..
apr-todayland.jpg

Fox&Hound

Looks fun! I'm all for something educational with a tie-in to the parks. Yeah, as someone else said, Meet the Robinsons was on tv the other day, and while it not my favorite nor Disney's best, it has a great message.

MOXOMUMD

And I get called ridiculous for thinking they wont do the same thing with maelstrom over at norway! I totally could see disney rethemeing it with a meet and greet at the end or something especially if this show does well.
If they were to put in a M&G, I wonder where it would go?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom