Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Don't mind but wants the Ducks to stay at WDW

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Don't mind but wants to see something new in their place

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Fun2BFree

Original Poster
As you may know, the NHL approved a takeover bid for the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. This means Disney no longer own the Ducks. That isn't very interesting, but this is the good bit: Disney will now probably stop marketing the Mighty Ducks cartoon characters, which I felt was a weak franchise anyway. One would presume that then frees up an attraction at DisneyQuest and a resort block and pool at All Star Movies!

So, what would you have in mind to replace these things? For All Star Movies, I would like a Lion King area to replace the Ducks. The pool could be renamed The Watering Hole and there could be a big statue of Ghost Mufasa that would look brilliant! The Lion King has great characters and has great appeal, which could persuade some families to go to ASM to stay there! Theming the area would be very simple and a real winner!

As for the DisneyQuest attraction, I would rip it out and put in a shooting arcade with a difference, you're the targets! Seated in a cup, other players take shots at them, as they try to move the target away from shot (somehow, that's what WDI is for). The person shot the most could have some sort of punishment, like a quick drenching!

Any other ideas?

peter11435

The DisneyQuest attraction and the resort section are based on the cartoon and film respectively, not the team. Disney will almost certainly not make a change to either anytime soon, and most likely never in the case of All-Star Movies.

MINECAR

Account Suspended
Ya but Disney will not get rid of that because it is still Disney History. besides just because they don't own them they do own the cartoon, which the area at the ASM and the ride at DQ are based on.
OH YA OH YA
:sohappy: ONLY 38 MORE HOURS TILL I"M AT DISNEY:sohappy:

peter11435

MINECAR said:
Ya but Disney will not get rid of that because it is still Disney History. besides just because they don't own them they do own the cartoon, which the area at the ASM and the ride at DQ are based on.
OH YA OH YA
:sohappy: ONLY 38 MORE HOURS TILL I"M AT DISNEY:sohappy:
The area at ASM is not based on the cartoon, but rather the movie. (actually 3 movies)

Fun2BFree

Original Poster
It appears...I've screwn up...
My plans for World-Domination/Duck-Extermination have been thwarted..:drevil:

Will anyone forgive me?

Number_6

Fun2BFree said:
As for the DisneyQuest attraction, I would rip it out and put in a shooting arcade with a difference, you're the targets! Seated in a cup, other players take shots at them, as they try to move the target away from shot (somehow, that's what WDI is for). The person shot the most could have some sort of punishment, like a quick drenching!

I wouldn't really like it if they did something like this. There really wouldn't be enough room to make an idea like that really effective. And besides, working Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam is one of my favorite things to do when I am running attractions at DisneyQuest. I have alot of fun with getting the players "up" for the game and love watching when kids win and beat out the adults. I know that someday they will probably come up with something new for that area, but I don't see it being anytime soon.

maxime29

Premium Member
Why did they sell the Ducks? They just went to the finals 2 years ago and have great talent.

The team has had but a handful of good seasons since their introduction. Getting lucky and making the finals is a challenge, but it doesn't mean anything if the team isn't consistant every year. The Carolina Hurricanes made the finals in 2002, and sucked really bad the next season. At the time, hockey was too expensive to justify any spending on new players (and larger contracts). I'm sure one of the reasons Disney started the team was for various accounting purposes, and that the movies were doing okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom