Mid March Crowds

Florida Rocks

Hey, we're planning a vacation in either feb. or mar. 2010. We were told by many to book in late feb. going into early march to avoid the crowds, however by looking at the weather archives, the weather seems unpredictable.. also in 2010 im assuming blizzard beach will be closed for rehab at that time, and we've already been to typhoon lagoon. So we're now thinking of mid march around the 15th or so, and we will be travelling for 10 days. We plan on spending 2 days at the MK and a day at each of the others, as well as a day at blizzard beach, and we will be visiting discovery cove and aquatica also. I was wondering what are the crowds like at this time. The parks have extended hours.. but we're just a little confused. Any help will be appreciated ! PS. Easter is later, april 4th I believe.

Mikester71

Both times we have been were around the middle of March and the parks and resorts are full for sure. I am from Canada and our spring break (March Break) is usually the second week in March, hence the crowded parks and resorts. I, personally, don't mind the crowds because I enjoy seeing all the people there sharing in the magic with their loved ones. Plus, there are SO many Canadians there at that time, I don't even get homesick. :ROFLOL:The weather has been perfect during both trips (mid 80's most days, some high 70's and very little rain) and we have been able to hit up both water parks both times, as the one that is closed for refurbishments that year usually opens that week we are there.

So, if you don't mind the crowds and waiting a little bit longer for the rides, I personally love going during this time period. In fact, we have already booked another vacation for next March Break (2009) and are staying at Pop again and we all can't wait! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
I've been in March several times during our (Oklahoma - I teach so its spring break or summer for me) spring breaks and weather can be unpredictable during those times too. It's been warm, bordering on hot only one of my five trips. Usually its chilly in the morning and as long as the wind stays down it's comfortable in the afternoon. Crowds however do peak in March especially by the third week. Crowds I can deal with (utilize Fastpass), usually if the park we are at fills up big time we hop to another and go back on a different day. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom