Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

MissM

Original Poster
We had wanted to get to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year, but despite my warnings that it sold out early, Love didn't believe it and we missed out.

So, I'm wondering about the MVMCP now. Does anyone know how many nights it runs generally? (Because didn't they extend the Halloween on this year?) Also, are there big seller nights - like Halloween itself was the first to sell out - that we need to know about? Is it as "hot" of a ticket as Halloween is? And, anyone know when they go on sale?

Not sure if we want to go, but I don't want to miss out if we decide we want to. I've never done any of the special events so it's all new to me and any help appreciated.

Thanks,
-m

MissM

Original Poster
Thanks, but what about sell out? Crowds? Busier/Slower nights, that kind of thing?
-m

Gucci65

I don't really know which days sell out in advance, but I do know that we have gone down in the past w/ folks who did not buy their tickets in advance and were unable to get tickets because the event was sold out.

Weekends tend to have heavier crowds (probably from a lot of Florida residents).

I wouldn't take to long in deciding which day you are going.......

MouseRight

I have always been able to get tickets for the last Friday night. I bought Tickets about a week and a half ago for the Dec 10 night this year. You can call 800-wdwdisney to find out what is sold out. I think they do sell out pretty quickly.

We have been going for about 7 years and in the earlier years it was much less crowded. They got a little greedy and expanded the # of tickets they sell over the last few years. Crowds are lower than on typical summer or Christmas week crowds, but sparse enough to enjoy all of the rides and attractions. Never had a problem quickly getting on any ride.

Arrive early. I have been there early and have seen it open up early - as soon as they have cleared the park and gotten all of the stuff in place. Though this has not happened each year. Spend the first few hours doing rides and other stuff. Save the family photo for later in the night when the lines are smaller. If you have small children who may get tired or large groups, then do the photo first. With my family, the teens go off on their own and we have had issues trying to get them off of the rides and back to a photo station at a certain time.

They usually do the Parade twice each night. I say skip the first parade since most people with children watch that one and then leave. Go on rides instead. After the first parade the crowds thin out and then there is no problem getting on rides and getting a good spot for the late parade.

Be careful of weather in December. Almost every year we went on the last Friday night it was real cold (One year it was in around 30 degrees and we had to bring the children to the hotel). The flip side is that the cold weather helps in trying to get into the Xmas spirit, particularly with the snow on Main Street.

Don't miss the Night Before Christmas Show, if they have it this year. Great retelling of the Night Before Christmas poem with Mickey and gang acting out the parts.

One downer. In the early years they distributed the cookies and hot chocolate at temporary tables throughout the park with CM's in appropriate traditional Xmas outfits. Now they do it at existing fast food stations and it doesn't have the same "Theme" impact. I wish they would bring back the ad hoc tables.

All in all a great tradition. IF you can afford it, also buy a ticket to the Dinner and Candlelight processional at EPCOT in the day before or after you go to the Xmas Party. If you can't get into the Xmas spirit after attending these 2 events you must be Ebenezer Scrooge (Before the ghosts showed up).

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
MissM said:
Thanks, but what about sell out? Crowds? Busier/Slower nights, that kind of thing?
-m
m-

I'm beginning to sell these.....haven't sold a whole lot yet, but they are definitely on sale and I'm sure it'll pick up soon now that November is upon us....weekends are popular, but once they sell out the other nights will pick up too.....Unfortunately my system doesn't allow me to see how many tix are left for any given night it only tells us when they're sold out. But judging by MNSSHP I think it's safe to say it'll sell out.

MissM

Original Poster
*nods*

Thanks everyone. No kids, just Love and I but we're such huge Disney fans (Duh, right?) that we thought it would be neat to hit something special like this. Of course, he's a native Floridian who's never seen snow so why not have a little Disney magic to bring a "white" christmas his way? :D

Just seems like a neat thing to do and after seeing how quickly the Halloween sold out, there's obviously more pressure to figure out quickly if we want to do the Christmas party.
-m

cuteazabutton74

Well we have been going to MVMCP since they started. It is super fun. We go the first weekend and stay at a Disney resort. Last year we got in two hours before the party started and went to the Judges tent and took lots of pictures with the characters before they had to leave. We always take our pictures first to get that out of the way and then hit the rides. We also do the candle light dinner at EPCOT and loved it. Talk about getting in the Christmas spirit. The nights that we have gone have not been all that busy even if they sold out. We always buy our tickets when they first go on sale so I would not be able to tell you which nights are sold out first. I recommend that you go and enjoy your self. The cool part is the cold weather and the parade at the end.ffice

Donfan

I've been to MVMCP three times, I think. Once alone, once with just my wife, and once with wife, three kids, and their spouses. Enjoyed every time. I always try to go the first week of December since that is when the crowds are smallest and it's easiest to get tickets. But like everyone says, get them as soon as you can, since any night can sell out. Also, I second the comment about the Candlelight Processional in Epcot. It is a great experience and Epcot is beautiful at Christmas. Don't forget the Osborne Lights in the Studios, now that they're back up this year. Have fun.

NADisney

Dec 5 th christmas party sells out more then any other party..

why ?

Because it is Walts Birthday .

we went to 4 christmas partys last year but only got the chance to enjoy 3 since the friday party was rained out,and i do mean RAIn /Hurricain style flooded the park just as the party started at 7pm.

City Hall would not refund us party tickets to another night,but we were able too get tickets since we are annul pass holders,we stated we can come to the park anytime to ride rides and see shows but we would not be able to experince the christmas party except on there selected nights.city Hall was not pleased but thank goodness for the Resort Manager who told us to mention his name to get the refund on party tickets.

swimmom

allearsnet.com usual posts when events are sold out, and they haven't posted anything about MVMCP yet. We are going for our first time this year. I can hardly wait!

DisneyFreak777

A little side note i might add before i get started is that im new here.....ne way, I did MVMCP last year with my folks and my little sis and it was a blast!!! The only set back is that some of the rides are closed (like last year HoP was closed for pictures along with Ae [which was being refurbished any way]) But besides that it was great becasue the was hardly ne one there and the lines were not long at all and i would have to say that the snow on main street was awesome. But a little hint is dont eat the snow...;) :lol: I would recomend MVMCP to ne one who wants to add a little extra christmas spirit to christmas. I have a question as well...Will former Ae/current SGE be closed during MVMCP? because like i mentioned, they were using that area for pictures and i was wondering whether or not they would use that area for pictures again.

Gucci65

NADisney said:
Dec 5 th christmas party sells out more then any other party..

why ?

Because it is Walts Birthday .

we went to 4 christmas partys last year but only got the chance to enjoy 3 since the friday party was rained out,and i do mean RAIn /Hurricain style flooded the park just as the party started at 7pm.

City Hall would not refund us party tickets to another night,but we were able too get tickets since we are annul pass holders,we stated we can come to the park anytime to ride rides and see shows but we would not be able to experince the christmas party except on there selected nights.city Hall was not pleased but thank goodness for the Resort Manager who told us to mention his name to get the refund on party tickets.

I'm going on the 5th, didn't even remember that it was Walt's birthday :hammer:

Two years ago our MVMCP was rained out. City Hall gave us the option of returning our wristbands w/ our receipts (you had to fill out a form & mail it in) for a refund OR one-day hopper passes. We chose the one-day hopper passes. Wannabebelle was there that night as well and traded her tickets in for a different day.

Danamac

Great, there's something for me to worry about...hadn't even considered that it might RAIN during MVMCP!!! I'm going on 12/17 - just 43 more days!!!

Also, I wanted to point out that MVMCP runs 12 nights (12 days of Christmas!) and MNSSHP runs 13 nights. I thought it was cute how that worked out.

kengels

°o° MVMCP °o°

Got tickets to the party for the 3rd, but no place to stay! Every resort is booked, no passholder or Florida resident rooms left!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom