Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2022

mm52200

Is this true for sure? If so, does "optimum" mean "maximum"? Maybe to them "optimum" means "financially optimal."

Just askin'. If the attractions are at full tilt, that's great! What explains, then, the more crowded "feeling" even when numbers are down?
The parks aren’t simply operating with the capacity and ability to handle guests that they were pre pandemic.
Most things yes are back to normal but it’s a ton of little things that add up to make the parks feel more crowded for the most part. Shops, specific dining, meet and greets, and entertainment offerings that just haven’t reopened and probably won’t. A push for mobile ordering that forced guests to wait outside the restaurant rather than in line to order. It all adds up even though each piece might not seem like much.

Disone

Is this true for sure? If so, does "optimum" mean "maximum"? Maybe to them "optimum" means "financially optimal."

Just askin'. If the attractions are at full tilt, that's great! What explains, then, the more crowded "feeling" even when numbers are down?
It means maximum. My source here is an attractions manager for tomorrow land. They're running the maximum amount of space mountain cars on both tracks. The maximum amount of Grand Prix cars they can but they do cut them when the line gets too short because it creates a hazard of not having guests to put in the cars while other guests are still driving around. And finally of course the maximum amount of people mover cars.

I also have a friend who is an adventureland attractions manager and that's where I'm getting the information that they are having a high amount of engine problems and a little bit of a sourcing problem getting parts to repair them. But they're running the maximum amount of boats that they have available to them. Now. Those are the only two I know, but I can't imagine. Attractions managers at other parts of the very same park are under different guidance to run less.

Purely antidotal from personal observation, I have not noticed any decrease use of boats at both pirates of the Caribbean and it's a small world. And every time I'm on big thunder they are running either four or five trains.

solidyne

It means maximum. My source here is an attractions manager for tomorrow land. They're running the maximum amount of space mountain cars on both tracks. The maximum amount of Grand Prix cars they can but they do cut them when the line gets too short because it creates a hazard of not having guests to put in the cars while other guests are still driving around. And finally of course the maximum amount of people mover cars.

I also have a friend who is an adventureland attractions manager and that's where I'm getting the information that they are having a high amount of engine problems and a little bit of a sourcing problem getting parts to repair them. But they're running the maximum amount of boats that they have available to them. Now. Those are the only two I know, but I can't imagine. Attractions managers at other parts of the very same park are under different guidance to run less.

Purely antidotal from personal observation, I have not noticed any decrease use of boats at both pirates of the Caribbean and it's a small world. And every time I'm on big thunder they are running either four or five trains.
Great info! Thanks!

castlecake2.0

Can back this up, there is no evil plan to make attractions less efficient.

spectromagic04

Castle lights were last seen in 2019. Rumor has it they are gone for good. Projections have replaced them.

View attachment 679587
Went to the Christmas party last Thursday and there wasn’t even projections. Just generic green, blue and red colors with snowflakes. It honestly was underwhelming and heard many people call the castle ugly.

Attachments

• F1072C7A-D9DD-4690-B93E-0379946548BE.jpeg
    F1072C7A-D9DD-4690-B93E-0379946548BE.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 57

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom