Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2018

Kman101

I agree. I think Holiday Wishes is the second best MK show and it really is lovely. There is no reason they can't keep it and bring it up to par with HEA. Now what I wouldn't mind is if the parties got brand new shows and Disney began showing re-imagined versions of Hallo/Holiday Wishes for day guests. DL used to do seasonal shows so I don't see why we cant

That would be nice. It's doubtful they'd ever do that but that would be nice. I'm still shocked guests are actually demanding better. That's encouraging.

Although I feel like they could do more with Halloween at DHS to spread around the love. But DHS has such a nice Christmas atmosphere I'm good with no Halloween. Shame they mishandled the Villains thing twice.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't you just love being able to watch fireworks with your two favorite characters?

Awwww....

1542476644438.png

iMax

I think being that they don't have much time to offer Christmas party dates compared to the Halloween party these parties usually crowd out more, IMO I would rather attend 6 Halloween parties compared to 1 Christmas party since I think the Halloween parties are better due to the parade and stage show (not to fond on Hallowishes, Holiday Wishes is the only reason I attend Xmas parties and also free cookies)

Speaking of fireworks, I don't think it would be great to make HEA the party fireworks, the main reason people buy tickets to these parties is for the SPECIAL entertainment offerings that they don't offer on a regular park day (except the time between the last party and NYE) I would love to see an updated Hallowishes & Holiday Wishes with projections as both shows are still ok in my book, hell Disneyland's Christmas fireworks show is almost 20 years old and it's STILL running year after year and they just added protections to it a few years back. I'm more than sure new party shows are in the works for both parties, when will we see them? Probably not till the 50th but we'll just have to wait and see.

Pam Hates Penguins

Got a survey for attending MVMCP. Some responses based on how unpleasantly crowded it was this year...

View attachment 331820

View attachment 331821

View attachment 331822

That blank says: Crowds. I expected less because of the implicit bargain that the extra price bought reduced crowds.

View attachment 331823

View attachment 331824

View attachment 331825

View attachment 331826

View attachment 331827

It certainly seemed like the crowds were better a few years ago. To my knowledge, when I went to the party in 2016, the rides were fairly easy to get on, and there were no gigantic crowds everywhere. And I compare it this year to my 2018 party, where my experience was kind of the opposite (ride wait times somewhat the same, same crowds you'd expect on a busy night), but still very enjoyable!

I think people started to wake up when they realized this was THE event to go to for short waits.

Skibum1970

It certainly seemed like the crowds were better a few years ago. To my knowledge, when I went to the party in 2016, the rides were fairly easy to get on, and there were no gigantic crowds everywhere. And I compare it this year to my 2018 party, where my experience was kind of the opposite (ride wait times somewhat the same, same crowds you'd expect on a busy night), but still very enjoyable!

I think people started to wake up when they realized this was THE event to go to for short waits.

We went to this in the second week of November this year on a Tuesday evening. Wait times were basically nonexistent, with even Pan being a ten minute wait. I figured that we went early enough that the parties weren't selling too strongly and also figured that post-Thanksgiving the crowds would pick up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom